Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X on The Forum Wars [merge]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2010, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by toostar-ish
+1, you better had represent us good, we're talking about a whole communities reputation on the line here.
That would be "represent us well." Good thing you didn't represent us...

Originally Posted by FJF
It's not far from a reality show with a list of writer credits. Pathetic.
I agree. I was expecting some big 30 min show. Only to find a YouTube special? I mean, there are amateur youtube clips that are better than this.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This thing is full of crap... I'm an usual on the my350z forum.. Royal Purple just want to toss some half *** show to slap their name on so they can get advertisement..

an DE 350Z vs GT500.. how is that even a fair competition.. not to mention a 1/8 mile drag? the 350z didn't even come from my350.. it's some random junkyard Z put together in 4 days while the Mustang is raced prepped with race tires everything.. and a seasonal race driver..

Royal Purple need to spend time, let forums vote for their best car / best driver... n the race should be something like 1/4 mile drag / AutoX / Drift. They should also separate it into 2 tiers.. bolt on only and unlimited FI.. THEN it would be awesome competition between forums.. but as of now, its just some bs..

what happened to the Evo/STI?? did we lose? it was pretty upsetting seeing the 350Z lose (also a Z owner) against such unfair game.. then they slap on the name my350 lose.. now evom gonna lose too? sigh...

Last edited by m0nkie; Apr 8, 2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

this is the mods done to the Z / GT500 written by the guy that built the Z

yeah it was a completely unfair match up. I pretty much had to do it. since the producers where looking for a 350Z but no one stepped up. I actually was told I was doing this while i was at sema with some friends haha. the Mustang was pretty much race ready. it had Hoosier Race Tires, Carbon Tech Brake pads, Crown Lines, KW Suspension, (Springs shocks sway bars) car was already corner balanced and aligned, it of course had that fancy intake and Borla Exhaust. that's all i was able to see who knows if it was tuned, test pipes headers? idk sounded real mean. not only that but the driver of that car was Season Trained, and had allot more practice on the road course than we where even allowed.

on the other hand, I only had a couple other vendors help me out and its mainly because we have good friends that work there. but the the Z i was able to slap together in a couple days had

Megan Headers, and Testpipes
Nismo Replica exhaust (don't even know what brand lol)
Custom Intake made by yours truly
my Friends over at west covina nissan let me have an Oil Burner Motor off a 2004, and a recall Transmission with a very fun 2nd gear.
Stock VLSD
Stock Brembos
Some really worn Toyo tires (new tires did not come in like i was told i was getting if i would of known I would of at least bought some Falken RT615's or Kuhmo's )
Tokico Shocks
Progress Springs and Swaybars

then my buddy over @ specialty Z managed to tune the car to make some sort of respectable power (the car's Cylinders 4 and 6 spark plugs are soaked in oil) I'm very surprised they where able to get 270whp out of a bucket **** motor that was in there.
Conclusion... ROYAL PURPLE IS FULL OF LOSE for setting up this ****..

Last edited by m0nkie; Apr 8, 2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:43 AM

honestly hardly any of the match ups were fair. did they intend for it to be that way? no of course not. let me ask you this, when was the last time anybody in the entertainment business knew a damn thing about cars? *cough F&F *cough

if you're wondering how i got the spot. i tried to get on the show with my sti, my buddy got chosen instead, but they said they couldn't find an evo with similar mods to run. i volunteered with my g/f's car, while obviously not a fair comparo, but we went for it anyway.

did i win? you'll find out whenever it is they air the show. i've signed some mumbo jumbo preventing me from saying who won and who didn't. if it makes a difference, i sold my sti and i'm shopping an evo ix se, lol, hence why i'm on the forums at all.

it's not like i signed up yesterday, i've been on evo m since july of 2009, i just don't post actively. i'm a big evo fan and honestly i'm sorry one of you guys didn't get chosen. that's the show biz for you.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by samleeiii
honestly hardly any of the match ups were fair. did they intend for it to be that way? no of course not. let me ask you this, when was the last time anybody in the entertainment business knew a damn thing about cars? *cough F&F *cough

if you're wondering how i got the spot. i tried to get on the show with my sti, my buddy got chosen instead, but they said they couldn't find an evo with similar mods to run. i volunteered with my g/f's car, while obviously not a fair comparo, but we went for it anyway.

did i win? you'll find out whenever it is they air the show. i've signed some mumbo jumbo preventing me from saying who won and who didn't. if it makes a difference, i sold my sti and i'm shopping an evo ix se, lol, hence why i'm on the forums at all.

it's not like i signed up yesterday, i've been on evo m since july of 2009, i just don't post actively. i'm a big evo fan and honestly i'm sorry one of you guys didn't get chosen. that's the show biz for you.
no hard feelings man! I dont think anybody is blaming u.. its just Royal Purple tossing this half *** event.. then slapping the name "forum" war.. without anything to do with the forum's car.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
at the beginning of this thread i thought man this is going to be fun...but as more information was revealed about the show and after watching Ep1 i really could care less about it...
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by m0nkie
no hard feelings man! I dont think anybody is blaming u.. its just Royal Purple tossing this half *** event.. then slapping the name "forum" war.. without anything to do with the forum's car.
thanks for that, i appreciate it. hopefully others will feel the same way. i have a feeling they didn't have a big budget for this show... lol. but i can tell you those guys tried the best to their knowledge/ability.

none of those guys were really hardcore into the modified scene, they don't know what's a good representation and what's not. they just looked at the cars on paper and said "ok magazines say these cars are rivals, let's do it."

at the sametime, there wasn't any real enforcement in place to make sure nobody cheated. so hence you have a bunch of guys who showed up with hoosiers or r compounds.

personally i thought about buying a set of ao48s just for the event, but then figured it was just for fun and none of us were getting paid, lol.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

thanks for that, i appreciate it. hopefully others will feel the same way. i have a feeling they didn't have a big budget for this show... lol. but i can tell you those guys tried the best to their knowledge/ability.

none of those guys were really hardcore into the modified scene, they don't know what's a good representation and what's not. they just looked at the cars on paper and said "ok magazines say these cars are rivals, let's do it."

at the sametime, there wasn't any real enforcement in place to make sure nobody cheated. so hence you have a bunch of guys who showed up with hoosiers or r compounds.

personally i thought about buying a set of ao48s just for the event, but then figured it was just for fun and none of us were getting paid, lol.
you're not alone on this. haha.. over on my350z is the exact same situation.. the Z driver and the shop is getting flamed on (kinda) by the whole forum.. but ppl start to understand its RP that needs to burn in hell for this!!

I think some of the Z guys are boycotting RP now lol.

im just kinda sad that both my car forums lost due this unfairness.. good thing this show isn't big.. I'd hate to hear mustang and sti owners talk crap over this
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:40 PM

for the most part, i don't think the sti owners will. they all secretly want an evo anyway.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
for the most part, i don't think the sti owners will. they all secretly want an evo anyway.
i'm start liking you LOL
Old Apr 8, 2010, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Excuse me?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

samleeiii:

I hope you did win if you didnt that is going to suck, you could of let the community know you were going to be on the show with your GF car. Im sure some would of lent some bolt on parts to help the car out in winning. Hell if I was near I would of lent you some part or even my car, anything to represent EvoM.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

I'm going to guess from how ****ty the driver in the STi was doing in the preview that he (the X) did win... But maybe they let him keep retrying till he had a good clean lap...
Old Apr 8, 2010, 05:39 PM

the driver of the sti is no slouch. he runs a 2.03 at buttonwillow with traffic and only makes 300whp. the stis don't make very good power.

he's also been running that car at the track for the last 18 months, took 2nd at redline time attack big willow in his class, took first at subiefest street class.

i think he did a 1.34 at big willow. that part of the course was just slippery.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

LOL! well i definitely tried my best.
is that "I lost" in another term?

Quick Reply: Evo X on The Forum Wars [merge]