Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2009, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scottatyamaha
You dont get it either. I have had 1.5 years of use on my EVO, I would hope you would be paying less for almost 2 years worth of depreciation. I still have it better than anyone buying a EVO now as to I have enjoyed mine for much longer and it has not been sitting outside in the weather rotting for 2 years.....lol!! Have fun getting all those hard water spots off and wondering how hard those first 200 test drive miles were. lol
How much warranty you got left?

There's ups and downs to both sides. In either case, you should just relax.
Old May 7, 2009, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankiago
How much warranty you got left?

There's ups and downs to both sides. In either case, you should just relax.
The same amount you will have left after you drive your car for 1.5 years. I dont see the point you were trying to make.
Old May 7, 2009, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

The same amount you will have left after you drive your car for 1.5 years. I dont see the point you were trying to make.
thats also a retarded comment. we get an evo with a full warranty for less then what u paid for the same car and the same warranty so i guess we win this argument
Old May 7, 2009, 06:54 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Alright guys...take it to PM. The internet **** fight is clogging up the thread
Old May 7, 2009, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mmartahus
thats also a retarded comment. we get an evo with a full warranty for less then what u paid for the same car and the same warranty so i guess we win this argument

I give up......I have owned my car for 1.5 years I would hope to god you would pay less for a car that has been sitting unsold on a car lot exposed to the elements and teenage test drives for the last two years. Also I have enjoyed my warranty coverage for the last 1.5 years, I would hope that when you buy a new car you get a new warranty for it. Your warranty comments dont make any sense. Think about it.
Old May 7, 2009, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by adambl03
Alright guys...take it to PM. The internet **** fight is clogging up the thread

This is a dieing thread anyways we all know by now what you can buy a evo x for with the current incentives and all the new posts will be "do you think this is a good deal OTD?" Yeah because we know that your otd price should be in your state.
Old May 7, 2009, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

um this is pretty simple. comes down to one thing. you bought your car for more then what we will pay to get the exact same car. nothing wrong with that, if you want to pay a 7-8k premium to avoid 100 test drive miles and some "waterspots" on the car thats fine with me
Old May 7, 2009, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

um this is pretty simple. comes down to one thing. you bought your car for more then what we will pay to get the exact same car. nothing wrong with that, if you want to pay a 7-8k premium to avoid 100 test drive miles and some "waterspots" on the car thats fine with me
The extra I paid was for my 1.5 years of use that I have so far. Your new X and mine are worth the same used except I have enjoyed mine for almost 2 years and you just bought yours. I dont know how else to put this for it to make sense to you. My car was bought new with 0 miles on it when it came off the truck and has been in my care and garage since. Your car has sat on a dealer lot for almost two years. The way I see it I am ahead. By the way enjoy your Lancer GTS.
Old May 7, 2009, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

thats fine if u think those first 1.5 years were worth 550 a month depreciation of a vehicle you paid full price for. ok im done checking this thread, i could care less about this banter. My GTS is fine, nothing special, it gets me too and from work with a smile. I'm glad that I was able to make some good decisions in the stock market the past few months which has allowed me to consider purchasing an evo, this should make the drive to work even more fun, knowing that I got a sick car at a sick price
Old May 7, 2009, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

thats fine if u think those first 1.5 years were worth 550 a month depreciation of a vehicle you paid full price for. ok im done checking this thread, i could care less about this banter. My GTS is fine, nothing special, it gets me too and from work with a smile. I'm glad that I was able to make some good decisions in the stock market the past few months which has allowed me to consider purchasing an evo, this should make the drive to work even more fun, knowing that I got a sick car at a sick price
Your right we will just call trading that GTS a $7k haircut.
Old May 7, 2009, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

^ more like 5, but at least i will admit i took the haircut, i dunno maybe its different with an evo. to me though, its not worth buying a car new right off the boat anymore. smarter to wait a year and get it after it takes the biggest hit
Old May 7, 2009, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
lol....you have alot to learn rookie.
Great comeback. After the modifications I'm putting on my car any wear and tear it may have accumulated while at the dealership is negligible. And warranty? Bottom line is I'm going to pay a lot less than you did, my car is going to look better than yours, and it's going to outperform yours. You enjoy your ego run with your 1.5 years of full warranted ownership, and I'll enjoy my 1.5 years of modding the hell out of it. Peace
Old May 7, 2009, 08:36 PM

ok seriously, no one cares. quit it.

this thread is actually for people to post what kind of pricing they are currently getting or got on their evo purchase so the rest of us can try to match it. so can we get back to that? has anyone purchased or made a deal on an evo recently? has anyone been able to get 8k off msrp with 0%apr? how about 6k off?

thanks!
Old May 8, 2009, 02:44 AM

Looking for a White Evo X SSS package in the greater Los Angeles area. What is the average OTD price to expect?
Old May 8, 2009, 05:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by taiwandiao
Looking for a White Evo X SSS package in the greater Los Angeles area. What is the average OTD price to expect?

^^LOL.......my point exactly. Im out of here.

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)