Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2014, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I found a 2013 gsr with sss at south coast mitsu and they want $37k FIRM which is MSRP. I spoke to both Smash and another sales manager and they wouldn't budge on price. Looks like I'll be having to buy elsewhere which sucks since I really wanted to buy from South Coast. Stay far away!!!
Old Jul 27, 2014, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by f1r3w0rk
I found a 2013 gsr with sss at south coast mitsu and they want $37k FIRM which is MSRP. I spoke to both Smash and another sales manager and they wouldn't budge on price. Looks like I'll be having to buy elsewhere which sucks since I really wanted to buy from South Coast. Stay far away!!!

I am assuming this is preowned? If so and either way, horrible price.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by nvmaddog
I am assuming this is preowned? If so and either way, horrible price.
No sir, it is a brand new 2013. I can't believe they want full msrp of $37k and won't budge on the price! Many forum members have bought from south coast and been very happy but I guess they no longer have the extraordinary deals they once had.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 07:56 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Except for the year, there isn't much difference with the 2014. I think the 2013, you have more options included in the price while 2014 or 2015 it is extra. The head unit of the 2014 is not something to rave about either.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone bought a brand new evo during december or so? I'm hoping that the price for the '14 model will be much lower during the last 2 weeks of december since it's the end of the calendar year + 15 model is out. I'm from Georgia and stationed in CO, so I'm planning on getting one from TX, GA, or FL.... Saw one for 32k brand new base GSR.. do you guys think I can get a better deal than that during december?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jmk0601
Has anyone bought a brand new evo during december or so? I'm hoping that the price for the '14 model will be much lower during the last 2 weeks of december since it's the end of the calendar year + 15 model is out. I'm from Georgia and stationed in CO, so I'm planning on getting one from TX, GA, or FL.... Saw one for 32k brand new base GSR.. do you guys think I can get a better deal than that during december?

I wouldn't bank on when the 15's are going to be out. I have seen production hold ups even when a model is slightly changing like it is for the 15.

You can get a good deal right now, the prices are reflective of the fact that Mitsu is having a hard time moving the evo.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by f1r3w0rk
Yeah Southcoast and HB are not the same stores they once were. Last time I went to HB I felt like they had this notion that it was a privilege to even sell you one. Very hard to work with, wouldnt budge on price and tried very hard to screw us over on extra $$. I left and said I would never buy a car from that organization ever again.

I wouldn't bank on when the 15's are going to be out. I have seen production hold ups even when a model is slightly changing like it is for the 15.

You can get a good deal right now, the prices are reflective of the fact that Mitsu is having a hard time moving the evo.
Maybe out there but out here it seems like most dealers are treating these cars like the last of the MKIV Supras lol... Very few will budge of MSRP and a few have ADMs on them
Old Jul 28, 2014, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dbzguy

Maybe out there but out here it seems like most dealers are treating these cars like the last of the MKIV Supras lol... Very few will budge of MSRP and a few have ADMs on them

Get away from the major city dealers and call around. There are serious deals to be had, and a very good reason why Mitsu is cancelling production of the evo. The sales are horrible this year.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

Get away from the major city dealers and call around. There are serious deals to be had, and a very good reason why Mitsu is cancelling production of the evo. The sales are horrible this year.

You wouldnt think it for the prices they have them listed at. Did a 500 mile search and 17 listed with the lowest one @ $37,5xx
Old Jul 28, 2014, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

You wouldnt think it for the prices they have them listed at. Did a 500 mile search and 17 listed with the lowest one @ $37,5xx

What they list for and what the end up actually selling for are two different things.

I know most dealers try to play it cool with these and pretend they have something everyone wants, the truth is few people are buying them and thus the price is going downward.

If you get serious about purchasing one from a dealer who has had several on their lot for months, you will get a deal just like everyone else has.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:20 AM

RC Hill Mitsubishi is selling Base GSR for around 32k-ish.. and they have been for like 3~4 months. You should call em up. I've been looking and following up on evo prices around US for like a year.... Only reason I can't get it right now is because I can't get my loan until around December.... It's a military + USAA thing, sighs
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jmk0601
RC Hill Mitsubishi is selling Base GSR for around 32k-ish

They are one of several dealers who offer 3- 5 grand off of MSRP on these cars.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 05:18 PM

Yeah Southcoast and HB are not the same stores they once were. Last time I went to HB I felt like they had this notion that it was a privilege to even sell you one. Very hard to work with, wouldnt budge on price and tried very hard to screw us over on extra $$. I left and said I would never buy a car from that organization ever again.

Yeah I totally agree. They definitely are not the dealer they once were and Sam/Smash no longer gives any good deals. He straight up told me that the '14s are going for above MSRP while the '13s are being sold at MSRP. It doesn't matter if you're a forum member or not, the price is the same because of 'limited inventory.' Sucks because I was finally ready to buy a X from south coast
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:57 PM

Hello Everyone, So I sold my Evo IX GSR. Time to shop for a Evo X MR Fully Loaded. When I found out that this will be America's last year for the Evolution I am torn between getting a fully loaded 2014 MR and/or waiting for the 2015 MR. So if I go with the 2014 in late september what dealerships would you recommend to purchase an Evo X MR from in NYC & or Surrounding area. My Evo 9 was purchased when I was living in Orlando from Sport Mitsubishi. So I was hoping you all could recommend a dealership. Also what do you think my OTD price should be based on the details below?

TRIM
MR $38,195
TWIN CLUTCH-SPORTRONIC SHIFT TRANSMISSION
COLORS
PHANTOM BLACK +250
FACTORY PACKAGES
TOURING PACKAGE +2150
PREMIUM PACKAGE +1900
SUMMARY

RECARO® LEATHER SEATING SURFACES
POWER GLASS SUNROOF
HEATED FRONT SEATS & SIDE-VIEW MIRRORS
AUTO ON/OFF HEADLIGHTS
RAIN SENSING WIPERS
SOUND DAMPENING ENHANCEMENT
AUTO-DIMMING REARVIEW MIRROR
710-WATT ROCKFORD FOSGATE® PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM W/ 9 SPEAKERS INC 10IN
SUBWOOFER W/ PUNCH CONTROL®, DTS® NEURAL SURROUND,PREMIDIA- WIDE SURROUND, AND
DOLBY® VOLUME
FAST KEY ENTRY SYSTEM
YOUR 2014 LANCER EVOLUTIONACCESSORIES
INTERIOR PACKAGE (MR) +530
LED ILLUMINATION PACKAGE +335
NAVIGATION SYSTEM PACKAGE +2375
SIDE WIND DEFLECTORS +95
REAR PARK ASSIST SENSORS +295
WARRANTY
5-year/ 60,000-mile Powertrain Limited Warranty . Included
DESTINATION AND HANDLING FEES $810
RECARO® LEATHER/SUEDED SEATS
CENTER CONSOLE UPGRADE
CHROME GRILLE SURROUND AND BELTLINE MOLDING
BODY COLOR FENDER AND HOOD VENTS

MSRP
46,935 is what my local dealer told me for a 2014 based on those specs above.
What do you think I should able to pay OTD from the recommended dealerships in the surrounding area?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 05:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvilEvo696
Hello Everyone, So I sold my Evo IX GSR. Time to shop for a Evo X MR Fully Loaded. When I found out that this will be America's last year for the Evolution I am torn between getting a fully loaded 2014 MR and/or waiting for the 2015 MR. So if I go with the 2014 in late september what dealerships would you recommend to purchase an Evo X MR from in NYC & or Surrounding area. My Evo 9 was purchased when I was living in Orlando from Sport Mitsubishi. So I was hoping you all could recommend a dealership. Also what do you think my OTD price should be based on the details below?

TRIM
MR $38,195
TWIN CLUTCH-SPORTRONIC SHIFT TRANSMISSION
COLORS
PHANTOM BLACK +250
FACTORY PACKAGES
TOURING PACKAGE +2150
PREMIUM PACKAGE +1900
SUMMARY

RECARO® LEATHER SEATING SURFACES
POWER GLASS SUNROOF
HEATED FRONT SEATS & SIDE-VIEW MIRRORS
AUTO ON/OFF HEADLIGHTS
RAIN SENSING WIPERS
SOUND DAMPENING ENHANCEMENT
AUTO-DIMMING REARVIEW MIRROR
710-WATT ROCKFORD FOSGATE® PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM W/ 9 SPEAKERS INC 10IN
SUBWOOFER W/ PUNCH CONTROL®, DTS® NEURAL SURROUND,PREMIDIA- WIDE SURROUND, AND
DOLBY® VOLUME
FAST KEY ENTRY SYSTEM
YOUR 2014 LANCER EVOLUTIONACCESSORIES
INTERIOR PACKAGE (MR) +530
LED ILLUMINATION PACKAGE +335
NAVIGATION SYSTEM PACKAGE +2375
SIDE WIND DEFLECTORS +95
REAR PARK ASSIST SENSORS +295
WARRANTY
5-year/ 60,000-mile Powertrain Limited Warranty . Included
DESTINATION AND HANDLING FEES $810
RECARO® LEATHER/SUEDED SEATS
CENTER CONSOLE UPGRADE
CHROME GRILLE SURROUND AND BELTLINE MOLDING
BODY COLOR FENDER AND HOOD VENTS

MSRP
46,935 is what my local dealer told me for a 2014 based on those specs above.
What do you think I should able to pay OTD from the recommended dealerships in the surrounding area?
Your OTD price is going to depend on taxes/fees in your area, as well as if the dealer you purchase from charges an extra fee as well.

As stated above, most buyers are receiving 3-5 grand off of MSRP on their evo's.

I'd start looking up Mitsu dealers in the surrounding NY area that have a lot of stock on these, that will be who is more willing to make a deal.

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)