Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Bushings

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2014, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bushings

Haven't decided on what short throw shifter to get yet, but I was wondering if I should change the bushings. Some help?
Old Aug 21, 2014, 09:43 PM

im in the same situation idk if the bushings matter that much? do they make the shifting smoother? but i think im gunna go with the torque solution b/c i havnt heard anything really bad about it and you can buy the whole kit with the bushings for about 180 from lancershop.com
Old Aug 22, 2014, 04:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the bushings make a difference. When I did mine a year ago or so I remember noticing a good improvement. I did it at the same time as a short shifter, so I'm not sure which was the more improvement factor. I tend to think the bushings led to more precise gear engagement and that is what I was noticing more than the reduced shifting distance. Hope this helps y'all's decision.

Oh and the bushings are on the transmission linkage side in the engine and shifter swap is inside cabin. So they don't have it be done at the same time, if that matters to you.

Last edited by ghozt; Aug 22, 2014 at 04:18 AM.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 08:19 PM

what shifter and bushings brand did you use ghozt ?
Old Aug 23, 2014, 08:37 PM

The shifter I have is twm. And the bushings are the delrin torque solutions ones.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:22 PM

I got TWM under hood bushing kit a little stiff even though I use grease and torque solution short throw shifter. no base bushing yet. I got these setup to help on the grinding/notchy issue, but didn't really help. I got the torque solution from MA performance when it was on sale for only $97 few weeks ago. I'm still get used to it although it feel a lot more mechanical then stock. Again it user preferences.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 12:00 AM

The shifter bushings make a substantial difference. I got the full TWM replacement kit with their brass bushings.

The fitment is a little tight on the bushings because you have to sand the inside of them down to perfectly match your car. The notchiness of the tranny doesn't really go away just due to the nature of the beast but the bushings give you much more confident and crisp shifts when you're bangin gears.

The full kit, when set up properly, greatly improves the feel of the whole shifter setup. It's not as spongy when going through the gears. Throw in some redline cocktail and you're set.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Only Evo X shifter setup worth considering IMO: http://www.maperformance.com/krackas...shi-evo-x.html

I tried numerous shifter and bushing combinations before settling on these as the ideal setup.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Kracka
Only Evo X shifter setup worth considering IMO: http://www.maperformance.com/krackas...shi-evo-x.html

I tried numerous shifter and bushing combinations before settling on these as the ideal setup.
I've got most of those same pieces, minus the rear diff spacer and bearing support bushings. Overall, I have to agree, it's a great setup. Great as the whole kit, but even doing different bushings as you get the money makes a noticeable improvement each time.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by shekaar
I've got most of those same pieces, minus the rear diff spacer and bearing support bushings. Overall, I have to agree, it's a great setup. Great as the whole kit, but even doing different bushings as you get the money makes a noticeable improvement each time.
Do the rear diff and driveshaft bushings and it only gets better yet since the entire drivetrain will be held in place better keeping your shifter cables better aligned during aggressive driving.