Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

cam question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2011, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cam question

Hello i know i dont have an evo but you guys have more knowledge on this then the regular lancer guys.

Swapping over my cams and need information. Going from lancer stock cams 204 duration 8.45/8.20 lift. Installing evo x stock cams 248 duration 9.70/8.58. Worried about piston to valve clearance and whether or not i need to buy springs and retainers. Stock lancer pistons are around 4mm shorter then the evox pistons. Valves are same length and head size. Thinking i should not have an issue but want to be sure before i install them tomorrow..thanks for the help
Old Jan 1, 2011, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What you really need to look into is the deck clearance on your regular 4B11 pistons. If you mean you have 4 mm more piston-crown-to-deck clearance than on the 4B11T, you should not have any piston-to-valve clearance issues.

However, you do need the stock valve springs out of the 4B11T at a minimum. Your valve springs will fail prematurely under the added lift of the 4B11T camshafts.