Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

HKS Intake

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2010, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would say that there are probably better performing intakes for the X (ETS, AMS, etc.), but from what I understand, the new HKS filters are at least significantly better than the old ones were.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by xRoguex
the question isnt if there is an "issue" -- more so the filters capability or quality is what is under question.
The question was "Has anyone got this product? Reviews? Worth buying?". I answer the first question.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for everyones input. I'm looking for a new build as i sold my MR and got a GSR. I was looking to change it up a little. I think a cold air intake on the AMS short ram would be a good move.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

I'm certainly not a one off, quite a few over here, 2 very close to me, one with an airbox and one naked, ams will not make the same power, fact, uses a half assed silicone reducer onto the smaller oe turbo inlet and looks horrible lmao

maybe opinions from guys who use/used this Intake would be more valid than what I've read/heard or even used a different version on a different car opinions.....just a thought lol

FYI when I bought mine ams and hks were pretty much the same price over here, difficult choice for hks jdm quality!

Last edited by MarkM; Nov 6, 2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by MarkM
I'm certainly not a one off, quite a few over here, 2 very close to me, one with an airbox and one naked, ams will not make the same power, fact, uses a half assed silicone reducer onto the smaller oe turbo inlet and looks horrible lmao

maybe opinions from guys who use/used this Intake would be more valid than what I've read/heard or even used a different version on a different car opinions.....just a thought lol

FYI when I bought mine ams and hks were pretty much the same price over here, difficult choice for hks jdm quality!
I'm just going to say, JDM isn't always better. Definitely don't want to start anything with this, but it's just the truth. Most of the intakes made over here will do just as well, if not better than the JDM ones. Now I have to agree, the HKS is very sexy, but just because it's from Japan doesn't make it any better in the performance or quality departments. Just make sure to do your research, and check out some of the dyno threads to see who is making what kind of power, with what kind of parts. Hope everything works out for you!

BTW... I'm pretty sure the hks uses a silicone coupler or two or three as well .
Old Nov 7, 2010, 12:55 AM

I have it but I just bought the hks filter not the kit becuase it very expensive and its not worth buying the rest of the crap......

but what I can say that just the filter its a bigger difference than the k&n I had... spool alot quicker and I even ran on the 1/4 faster...{thum bup}