Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ultimate Racing exhaust broke in half

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2009, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Ultimate Racing exhaust broke in half

Ok so let me first off state that Daryll and UR have been nothing but helpful and that they have very good customer service. The product works and sounds great and i love my UR full turbo back.

I orginally bought it back in June. I needed it for a car show and i was told the catback was on back order. Daryll rushed shipped me the o2/dp and the test pipe which i installed, then a week later over night shipped me the catback so i could have it before the car show. Great customer service. I was in love with the performance, look, and sound. Everyone at all the car shows and in general were very impressed also. To this day i still love my exhaust.

But,

I must inform you so this doesnt happen to you. I started to hear a rattleing sound a few weeks after i put it on. I found that one of the bolts was loose so i retightened it. Sound Gone. Well last week i heard the same sound. SO i was like great i have to jack car up and do it again. Well i look under my car to find the "bolt" that was loose and i find this:

If you cant tell this is a huge hole thats almost 75% all the way around the pipe. It is in the mid pipe section of the catback. The split is right along one of the welds on the exhaust. I can assure you i did not hit anything there are not bends or anything on the pipe. It must have gotten very hot and the perticular weld was not very good. I do not know if this is a common thing or if this is just the next thing in my bad luck with my 4

So please check your exhaust's expecially if you are hearing funny sounds.

Dyrll has shipped me out a new section today and should arrive by friday. Hopfully the pipe does not break all the way through before then because this is my daily.

Like i stated before Dyrll and UR have been very helpful, i hope this is an issolated case. The only other complaint i have with UR besides the obvious that this pipe failed is that they are extremely hard to get a hold of. I called 100 times the day it happened, left messages, IM'ed them, and no response. This was also the case when originally placing my order as well. I finally IMed him this moring and got a hold of them after i called 5 times to no answer. I will update once i get the new part and get it on. Hopefully this will be the end of it.

Long post over

-Dave
Old Oct 13, 2009, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn that sucks, I saw someone's 02 dp took a dump too, but its seems like thier customer service makes up for it....
Old Oct 13, 2009, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

Ouch, this kinda of makes me worried because I've herd they have had issues with fractures in there long DP w/o2 housing on more then one ocassion. I just ordered a TBE from UR (Dual Tip Titanium) with HF Cat and Long DP with o2. Hopefully it has no issues...
Old Oct 13, 2009, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

dang, that sux. Glad to see u got it taken care of. And a good thing customer service is amazing there and if it breaks before u get the one just take it off and run open downpipe lol j/k
Old Oct 13, 2009, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

lol yea just found another thread with this same issue. i guess im not the only one..
Old Oct 13, 2009, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yesterday was Thanksgiving in Canada BTW.

And there seems to be a rash of UR welds breaking.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

well their answering machine should be updated to say they are out of the office...
Old Oct 13, 2009, 08:12 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks like you blew the welds on the intake. Don't use the 2nd stage of NOS or you may experience manifold danger.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

I need NOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSS.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Looks like you blew the welds on the intake. Don't use the 2nd stage of NOS or you may experience manifold danger.
can you tune a car so he wont crack his muffler?
Old Oct 13, 2009, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

ouchies. Damn I thought I had my exhaust search finally narrowed down but now Im having second thoughts. Second post in a week with quality issues...
Old Oct 14, 2009, 02:49 AM
Evolved Member

Be glad it hasn't cracked all the way through...I posted in the other thread but I had to drive open downpipe 5hrs back to school today while I wait for my replacement test pipe to arrive...needless to say it's ridiculous loud running open DP. Cracked at the forward most weld luckily right behind my wideband o2. Darryl did get my replacement shipped out ASAP so customer service FTW!
Old Oct 14, 2009, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

****, i just ordered the UR Dual Catback 2 days ago. i hope i won't have issues with this system further down the road.

can anyone tell why UR went on welded sections on their bends rather than mandrel bends??
Old Oct 14, 2009, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SilverEvoX
Be glad it hasn't cracked all the way through...I posted in the other thread but I had to drive open downpipe 5hrs back to school today while I wait for my replacement test pipe to arrive...needless to say it's ridiculous loud running open DP. Cracked at the forward most weld luckily right behind my wideband o2. Darryl did get my replacement shipped out ASAP so customer service FTW!
yea but where my break is if it breaks the mid pipe is gunna drag on the ground. FTMFL
Old Oct 14, 2009, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FetorHepaticus
****, i just ordered the UR Dual Catback 2 days ago. i hope i won't have issues with this system further down the road.

can anyone tell why UR went on welded sections on their bends rather than mandrel bends??
not sure. i dont think they make em in house.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Racing exhaust broke in half