evolutionm.net - Home of the Lancer Evolution
Home Features Community Marketplace Registry Garage Store

Go Back   evolutionm.net > Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Used CarsGarageVendor Directory
Search

Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Welcome to EvolutionM.net!
Welcome to EvolutionM.net.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old Feb 7, 2009, 08:43 PM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (3)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: Evo X

Buschur Quiet vs. ETS dual catback

Anyone heard both? Which is quieter inside the car? I saw some decibel charts for the ETS on the outside of the car which suggested it was just barely louder than stock, but I haven't heard anything about the sound in the car.

I am looking for something that sounds good, a little louder than stock but no drone on the highway. Do both of these meet that criteria?

Old Feb 8, 2009, 08:35 AM   #2
Evolving Member
Personal Sales Rating: (1)
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

Drives: 2010 Subaru Impreza STi

Send a message via AIM to chuynh207
Are you just looking for a catback or are you willing to go the whole way?

If you are, I would highly recommend the UR dual exit exhaust. Get that from the o2/housing back. BUT get the mini-muffler test-pipe, that'll make your car much louder than stock, but not to the point where it grabs any "unwanted" attention

Old Feb 8, 2009, 08:45 AM   #3
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuynh207 View Post
Are you just looking for a catback or are you willing to go the whole way?

If you are, I would highly recommend the UR dual exit exhaust. Get that from the o2/housing back. BUT get the mini-muffler test-pipe, that'll make your car much louder than stock, but not to the point where it grabs any "unwanted" attention
Thanks, I'm still debating how far I want to go. I want to go full turboback, but I will be carrying a newborn and kids and don't want to damage their hearing long term. If I could find something with a nice rumble and power increase (along with stg 2 tune), but without really high decibel levels and lots of drone, I'd be pleased.

Old Feb 8, 2009, 11:10 AM   #4
Evolving Member
Personal Sales Rating: (5)
Garage is empty, add now

I have the buschur quiet and love it. Its perfect and barely noticable when cruising. I also have the Ultimate Racing minimuffler test pipe which i love as well. ETS is loud from what i have heard...

Old Feb 8, 2009, 01:16 PM   #5
Personal Sales Rating: (0)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: evo 8

hhmmm

Old Feb 8, 2009, 04:31 PM   #6
Garage is empty, add now

Ets is louder than stock. It drones at 60 but quiets down above that.

Old Feb 8, 2009, 04:47 PM   #7
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (6)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: WW EVO X

My ETS is loud as ****.

Old Feb 9, 2009, 08:40 AM   #8
Evolving Member
Personal Sales Rating: (5)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: Lancer

Buschur racing with bullet muffler and test pipe

LOUDDD....

I have a buddy with an rx8 and exhaust. i parked next to him. My car's exhaust note ate his up. You couldnt even tell if his car was on...

Old Feb 9, 2009, 08:51 AM   #9
Evolving Member
Personal Sales Rating: (1)
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

Drives: 2010 Subaru Impreza STi

Send a message via AIM to chuynh207
Quote:
Originally Posted by nala View Post
Thanks, I'm still debating how far I want to go. I want to go full turboback, but I will be carrying a newborn and kids and don't want to damage their hearing long term. If I could find something with a nice rumble and power increase (along with stg 2 tune), but without really high decibel levels and lots of drone, I'd be pleased.
with the mini-muffler test pipe, you won't damage their hearing at all. Trust me, compared to all of my friend's EVOs, I'm the most quiet one. You'll love the exhaust note and tone, it's not raspy and you'll gain IMMENSE power (since it's a X)

Old Feb 9, 2009, 08:55 AM   #10
Garage is empty, add now

Thanks guys. It seems from these responses that the Buschur quiet is quieter than the ETS. Good to know...

Old Feb 9, 2009, 10:29 AM   #11
Evolving Member
Personal Sales Rating: (4)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 2010 WW Evolution X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakoop View Post
are you referring to the ets dual v2? just wanted to know...tia

Old Feb 9, 2009, 02:00 PM   #12
Garage is empty, add now

I just installed the ETS V2 Cat-back last weekend. Sounds great. It is definitely loud but not too loud. It is definitely loud inside the car as well, especially at high RPMs. It is making the interior of my car rattle quite a bit though. I think part of the exhaust must be touching something underneath and causing it to reverberate through the car. Has anyone else ever had this problem when installing their exhaust?

Old Feb 10, 2009, 02:10 PM   #13
Plat Vendor
Personal Sales Rating: (90)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 05 Evo 8 w/ 42R and 08 Evo X GSR w/ PT6765

extremeturbosystems lyfeworx360 lyfeworx
Send a message via AIM to ETS Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by nala View Post
Anyone heard both? Which is quieter inside the car? I saw some decibel charts for the ETS on the outside of the car which suggested it was just barely louder than stock, but I haven't heard anything about the sound in the car.

I am looking for something that sounds good, a little louder than stock but no drone on the highway. Do both of these meet that criteria?
I can't really speak for the Buschur exhaust system, but we have 2 versions, the Version 1 (dual 2.5") is quite a bit louder then our v2 (dual 3.0") The v2 has a deeper tone that we have received a ton of positive feedback on. We have a couple videos on youtube, but it's really hard to get good sound quality from youtube.

If you are trying to make the exhaust quiter, we can also add a resonator for an additional $100.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidiii View Post
I have the buschur quiet and love it. Its perfect and barely noticable when cruising. I also have the Ultimate Racing minimuffler test pipe which i love as well. ETS is loud from what i have heard...
We have a couple versions, the V1 is pretty loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakoop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon_66 View Post
My ETS is loud as ****.
Was this v1 or v2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itznoraa View Post
Buschur racing with bullet muffler and test pipe

LOUDDD....

I have a buddy with an rx8 and exhaust. i parked next to him. My car's exhaust note ate his up. You couldnt even tell if his car was on...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyboy View Post
are you referring to the ets dual v2? just wanted to know...tia
The V2 has a deep note, where the V1 has a higher pitch note. I'm wondering the same thing, which users are refering to the V1 and which are refering to the v2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanminded050 View Post
I just installed the ETS V2 Cat-back last weekend. Sounds great. It is definitely loud but not too loud. It is definitely loud inside the car as well, especially at high RPMs. It is making the interior of my car rattle quite a bit though. I think part of the exhaust must be touching something underneath and causing it to reverberate through the car. Has anyone else ever had this problem when installing their exhaust?
PM Sent regarding this.

www.ExtremeTurboSystems.com

Evo 8/9/X Intercoolers, Turbo Kits, Exhaust Systems and everything else you need :)

Old Feb 10, 2009, 06:16 PM   #14
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (4)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: WW EvoX

Any sound clips of ETS V2?
Performance Mods: Nisei UIP - Ecutek Tune by Dynoflash @ ICS Performance Dynojet - Forge WGA - Forge Unos MBC - SX HFC w/ WB bung - Tsudo N1 Extreme Exhaust - Techna Fit SS Brake Lines - Ferodo DS2500 Pads - DBA 4000 FR Rotors
Interior Mods: Defi White Racer Gauge - AEM UEGO WideBand
Exterior Mods: 20% Tints all around - Faux CF wing inserts

Old Feb 10, 2009, 06:53 PM   #15
Evolving Member
Personal Sales Rating: (2)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: WW Evo X MR

Send a message via AIM to KGHtheII
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanminded050 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETS Michael View Post

PM Sent regarding this.
Can you fill me in on what you think is the issue with this? I have been considering the v2 and just recently started seeing these posts about the rattle.

Thanks

Old Feb 10, 2009, 06:53 PM
EvolutionM
Mitsubishi Lancer

Paid Advertisement

Tags
10, back, buschur, cat, decibels, dual, ets, evo, exhaust, exit, gsr, installing, pipe, quiet, racing, test, v2