Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

new to EVO X

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new to EVO X

Hey guys I just purchased a 2014 EVO MR and was wondering where I should get started as far as tuning? Is there anything different I need to be aware of since I have the TC-SST? I purchased a Tactrix cable from a friend for cheap but I'm not sure what else I need to know. He did mention to me that he used GST basemaps to tune his Ralliart but I don't think any of those are available for the MR right?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 08:55 PM

Bump

I'm picking up new evo this thursday, and I'm also curious. I used cobb ap with my 2010 ralliart.
What's the recommended path to go down?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:23 PM

Bump

I'm purchasing a new Evo MR in September, I too am curious. What are the first two stages of tuning you would recommended?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

get all the bolt ons first, then start looking for a bolt on turbo upgrade. Done.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

get all the bolt ons first, then start looking for a bolt on turbo upgrade. Done.
Dude, ALL of their questions related to tuning, not bolts ons. Sorry.
Anyways, personally i think Tactrix 2.0 and Open ECU/EvoScan are the way to go. I have been tuned through it on 2 different Evo's. both of which ran flawlessly. This was probably because of the tuner. No GST basemaps for the Evo's. I would get a Tactrix cable, laptop, OpenECU, EVOscan, wideband air/fuel, boost gauge, and you will need a "serial to USB" adapter. This allows your wideband to plug into your USB plug on your laptop. You will also need to enable MODE23 in your ECU. All of this info can be found on Michael Goldens website. Just google Golden EVO. He has roms, info, everything you need. He is also the guy who tuned my cars. He did a great job. I have never used COBB though so i cannot comment on how well it works.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by zebra4
Dude, ALL of their questions related to tuning, not bolts ons. Sorry.
Anyways, personally i think Tactrix 2.0 and Open ECU/EvoScan are the way to go. I have been tuned through it on 2 different Evo's. both of which ran flawlessly. This was probably because of the tuner. No GST basemaps for the Evo's. I would get a Tactrix cable, laptop, OpenECU, EVOscan, wideband air/fuel, boost gauge, and you will need a "serial to USB" adapter. This allows your wideband to plug into your USB plug on your laptop. You will also need to enable MODE23 in your ECU. All of this info can be found on Michael Goldens website. Just google Golden EVO. He has roms, info, everything you need. He is also the guy who tuned my cars. He did a great job. I have never used COBB though so i cannot comment on how well it works.
Thank you, I've got my mr now, so I'll check it out.