Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

TPMS can be turned off!!! (thanks Vadimus for help)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2012, 05:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TPMS can be turned off!!! (thanks Vadimus for help)

Hi everyone,

I have a 2010 EVO X and just like many people in this forum. I've been looking for a way to disable the annoying "TPMS Service" light for a looooooooooong time. BUT..... FINALLY I found a thread from "Mitsubishi forums" posted by Vadimus (He is a very niiiiiiiice guy!) He actually found the solution for his Outlander since Aug / 2011 !!!

Here is the link:http://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mit...n-40223/page7/

Then, I met him today and he tested it on my car. IT WORKS!!!!

Here is the pics of how it works:

Name:  IMG_0203.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  95.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0205.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  116.9 KB

After about 30KM driving, it didn't come back!!!! Thanks Vadimus again!!!
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:57 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks for your post!

More info here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/10333907-post14.html
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:03 AM
EvoM Community Team

Theres a little bit more info over here too: http://9glancers.com/index.php?topic=19459.0

(Shameless copied post since they did the same)
BEWARE: The software is for Citroen and Peugeot and not for Mitsubishi. The interchangeability comes from the Outlander family, Including Outlander SPort (RVR) (all three car makers make both SUVs). What is important is that the original software interface is in French. Be very carefull when messing with Etacs.

It does work very well, once the software is installed correctly (very touchy installation, though). The members on Russian Lancer/EVO forum had this thing all figuered out sometime in 2009.

I do have Lexia/DigBox software and the cables look exactly like on the picture.
this is also what i have read, there is a member in houston that is charging only $30 to customize however you want, but he takes no responsibility if your etacs gets fried.

personally i have no use for it but for some it may be an option.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:07 AM
EvoM Community Team

Even more info with place to buy and some experiences / version numbers:

http://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mit...ization-40223/
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:19 AM
EvoM Community Team

MOOOORE info (outlander related) : http://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mit...39/#post285837

(check above and below). It looks like Vadimus and some Russian friends have translated a bunch of non-available options to english. Thank you!
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:43 AM
EvoM Community Team

More info from the houston guy charging to do it:
http://www.houstonlancers.com/forums...hp?f=50&t=2170

Now available for 2008-2010 Lancers! ETACs/ECU Customization
by lordtygr » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:00 pm

***There is risk involved with this modification! The potential to Corrupt your cars ECU is possible (~$2000 Repair outside of warranty). I am not certified by any mechanic/auto technician certification service or Mitsubishi. I do not use Mitsubishi authorized software or hardware for this modification. If you choose to, you are asking me to help you at your own risk. The Car owner will be required to work with me the entire time. The car owner will be responsible for finalizing all programmed settings!***

By appointment or at scheduled meets. At meets there will be a limit to 3-5 cars per meet, first come first served.

Yes, i am charging for this 'service'. but only as a means to recoup the time/effort/costs involved. I will also be more than happy to assist people with doing this themselves if they are so inclined and/or feel that me charging is unfair (Please PM Me for info).
my price is $30 per connection. i will adjust as many settings as you want for that price (exception: programming remotes/keys). If New options become available, needing a default to stock settings, or re-activation of setting due to a dealer reflash will constitute another connection.

considering that going to the dealer just to hook up and read trouble codes will cost you ~$80, i think this is more than fair. Especially considering that i will be able to open options for you that a DEALER will not only tell you that they won't do it but, that THEY CAN NOT DO with their $5000 Mitsubishi built equipment!! As software updates are released, it may unlock further options in the future. Now, to the Good stuff:

Daytime Running Lights (DRL's)
Enable/Disable (no more need for jRox bypass)
Adjust output signal (For those that want HID's and still have DRL's; i.e. no more flickering and blown ballasts)

Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Enable/Disable (For those that have an extra set of wheels/tires for track days, aftermarket rims with no tpms sensors installed, winter/summer tires)

Fog Lights
Enable/Disable - *Must have the equipment actually installed!
Set to independant (no longer constrained to having only your low beams on to use fog lights. they will work with parking lights, low beams, high beams (FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY!)(*parking lights at a minimum must still be on)

Others
"Fix MPG Computer so that it no longer resets every 4hrs in manual mode
Enable option to automatically lock doors when vehicle is in motion
Recalibrate speedometer for tire size (you will need to research and/or do the math to provide me with the actual circumfrence of your tires in millimeters(mm).

Non MMCS (Nav Unit) equipped cars
There are 'customer options' that those of us with the Mitsu Nav unit have access to that other owners don't. I can access those same options regardless of the MMCS. Some of these options also reset to default when the ECU is reset (i.e. disconnectiong the battery).
Driver's door only unlock/all doors unlock on FAST Key
Interior lighting ON duration after door close
intermittant wipers delay/speed sensitive
Set wipers to be independent of washer (idk why you would want that, lol)
Enable/Disable blinkers with partial press on stick, or set to 3 or 5 blinks
Accessory power Cut-Out time
Automatic cut-out of headlights
unlock delay after locking set to 0, 3, 5 seconds
Autolocking of doors on vehicle motion at speed - *Requires a seprate setting to be made in vehicle configuration
Adjust 'Answer Back' Beeps/Horn/Lights on lock/unlock of doors with remote
And MORE!!!!

I have not yet gotten to actually use this funtion but, i *SHOULD* be able to program new keys/remotes. I cannot cut keys however so you will be responsible for that. Since i have not been able to test this funtion, the first one who is willing to buy a new key and/or remote, i will attempt to program it for free. Blank keys are available from ebay (and probably elsewhere):
Old Aug 12, 2012, 04:11 PM

Thank you for the INFO Fostytou!!!
Old Aug 19, 2012, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sweet! well done.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:28 PM

Damn this would fix a few annoyances I have... too bad hes' all the way in texas
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:21 AM

This may be a rhetorical question, but could this apply to the Lancers that are sub-evo (DE ES GTS Ralliart GT) ?

From what I see, any vehicle with Mitsu's Etac Ecu's 2007-up would be compatible.

User vadimus_ca has really outdone himself in finding this, but one more question stands, when I buy the lexia 3, does it come with all the necessary software for it to run properly to read the Mitsu Etac? (because all Lexia 3's seem to be made solely for Citroen/peugeot but im guessing its just the more commonly used on those brands?
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:39 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by Nickrick2641
This may be a rhetorical question, but could this apply to the Lancers that are sub-evo (DE ES GTS Ralliart GT) ?

From what I see, any vehicle with Mitsu's Etac Ecu's 2007-up would be compatible.

User vadimus_ca has really outdone himself in finding this, but one more question stands, when I buy the lexia 3, does it come with all the necessary software for it to run properly to read the Mitsu Etac? (because all Lexia 3's seem to be made solely for Citroen/peugeot but im guessing its just the more commonly used on those brands?
Yes it will work on them. It was originally done for the outlander. They all use the same ETACS.

Click through the links and get to reading... then share your results...
Old Sep 15, 2012, 06:41 AM
ZZZ

New outlander will have TPMS officially configurable, so they can be turned off.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

sweet

Does anyone know of plans to port this over to Ecuflash? I'm thinking of buying one of these.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:57 AM
Evolved Member

Nevermind, I just went ahead and bought it. Worth $160 to add the features it does. Plus I want to play with it (tear it apart) after it sees a few uses. Hit me up if you're around Denver and want to give it a try.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:34 AM

when you get it, tell us how easy/hard it is to use it!

Quick Reply: TPMS can be turned off!!! (thanks Vadimus for help)