evolutionm.net - Home of the Lancer Evolution
Home Features Community Marketplace Registry Garage Store

Go Back   evolutionm.net > Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Used CarsGarageVendor Directory
Search

Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Welcome to EvolutionM.net!
Welcome to EvolutionM.net.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:09 AM   #1
Evolving Member
Personal Sales Rating: (1)
2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

Innovate MTX-L problem

I recently installed an Innovate MTX-L wideband o2 sensor system, and it isn't working..

I know the wiring was done correctly, because it worked just fine yesterday after I hooked it all up. It read AFRs and the LEDs swept through their range. Later last night, it randomly stopped displaying the numbers and the indicator LEDs around the perimeter was stuck at one LED.

Now, when I leave the ignition in the "ON" position (w/o the engine started), it displays all of the Orange/Yellow LEDs and no numbers. If the engine is on, nothing is displayed.

Has anyone run into the same problem? Based on some prelim research, I might have fried the circuit inside due to a voltage spike. Although, I'm kind of doubting that because I haven't seen the same issue occur to anyone after searching evom or evoxforums.

For the wiring, I connected the power to a switching 12V (Fuse 13). The white wire which dims the lights was connected to the green wire behind the ASC button. I checked the green wire to make sure it switched with the headlights (0V = headlights off, 12V = headlights on). The black line is grounded to the chassis.

Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:00 AM   #2
Evolving Member
Personal Sales Rating: (1)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 2008 Lancer Evolution X

Check the connectors on the sensor cable. I couldn't get mine to calibrate last night and it was because the larger connector wasn't completely seated. You have to really push it on there

Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:00 AM
EvolutionM
Mitsubishi Lancer

Paid Advertisement

Tags
dim, evo, headlight, hum, innivate, innovate, lean, mtx, mtxl, problem, problems, switch, white, wire, working