Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Deatsch werks 1300cc injectors review / Scale / Latency

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2010, 09:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a graph that was posted in our release thread in the vendor announcments, this should give you an idea of what the injectors flow at specific duty cycles:

Last edited by DeatschWerks; Aug 3, 2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
These injectors are nothing but trouble. I had a car with DW1000 cc injectors. The car had an Injen intake BEFORE the injectors and the trims were only +6%. There was absolutely no need to mess with the MAF. I have tested the Injen on three different Evo Xs and it did NOT mess the MAF scaling, probably the only intake not to do that.

The DWs are installed and scaled properly @ 835 with the following latencies:

The cruise trim is within 0 to 2%. The idle within 0 to -8%, BUT I cannot lean out the damn AFR on the car. No matter what I enter in the target AFR table I get the SAME AFR at the tailpipe. WTF!!! We tested the pressure of the upgraded fuel system (Walbro/blaqopps) and it was 40-45 psi, pretty normal.

Before these silly injectors, I was able to lean the car at will; any change in the target AFR table was reflected in the actual AFR.

Now I am down to my last trick. INCREMENTALLY, increase the scaling from 835 to as much as 1000 and see if that leans out the AFR. I am going to work backwards, ie, set the AFR first and then adjust the trims using the latency table ONLY. Latency changes have little to no impact on WOT AFR.

These injectors are very inconsistent. The quality seems to be hit and miss. They work for some people but not for others. DW, you need some quality control.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 03:16 PM
Former Sponsor

We do see that some here are having a difficult time getting the injectors dialed in. We don't pretend to be professional tuners but we will do what we can to help. Providing injector spec info, commonly used settings from tuners, stock vs DW PW comparisons, etc

We always do thorough in car testing on our products before release. We send out many test sets through our tuner network months before a product is released for tuning and evaluation. We are 100% confident in the product and we thorough testing and QA testing, there is probably just something missing in the tuning equation here.

We are sure as more sets are tuned and more professional tuners share setting that have worked well for them on many different cars that support info will be there. But in the end every car is different an no one set of magical numbers are going to work for every car

We are going to do testing of flow at different PW on our injectors and the stock injector (similar to the above graph) and share it as it might help to plot the flow curve of the injectors compared to stock. Because an injector might be twice the size as stock at 90% duty cycle it does not mean it necessary flows twice as much at 10% duty cycle. Could be helpful and insightful info.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:38 AM
Account Disabled

Had a set yesterday that where the loudest clicking injectors I have ever heard in my life, car idled like it had race cams. Something obviously wrong with them.

Put ID1000cc's in and purred like a kitten and didn't sound like a sewing maching on crack.

These 1300's seem to be hit or miss, last set worked fine. Never had an issue with the OG DW1000's and I've tuned a ton of them.

- Bryan
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by aftershock141
I was going to use these but now I'm thinking I should just go with fic 1100s instead.
I switched from DW800cc to FIC 1100cc... I barely notice a difference. The idle and starting is great. No issues with them at all. Very smooth once the car is tuned and injectors are dialed in properly. Very good set of injectors.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm, interesting. I guess i will find out for myself when we go to tune my 1300's.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

DW covers them 100%, so if they don't work right, just send them back. You will just be out time with the tuner.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 07:32 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
H - you need to see if the new injector latency scaling (see my other thread) makes your scalings fall in line with what DW published.

I couldn't quite make out the DW sheet u got there

edit - I just saw the **** storm on page 1/2/3 No offense taken

Last edited by tephra; Aug 19, 2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Removed.

Last edited by aftershock141; Sep 26, 2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Had severe issues with a car on the dyno today with these injectors. Is this related to how they are modified or are there other issues that we arent seeing? They do not scale like any injector I have ever seen, the logs I was getting from Luke dont make sense nor does the description of how the tune just would change.

aaron
Old Sep 3, 2010, 07:58 PM
Account Disabled

I had another set with the same problem as my #49 post...

ugh

- Bryan
Old Sep 4, 2010, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Had severe issues with a car on the dyno today with these injectors. Is this related to how they are modified or are there other issues that we arent seeing? They do not scale like any injector I have ever seen, the logs I was getting from Luke dont make sense nor does the description of how the tune just would change.

aaron
Yep that is the issue I was seeing as well with the 1300's. The AFR's were ALL over the place with no linearity at all. The map looked completely whack. The 1000's worked perfectly though. No issues at all. Took me 20 minutes to get them running perfectly.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
So for the time being I should stick with my recommendation to customers about these injectors it seems. I have been told by some its the nature of the mods to the injector that are causing the coil to act erratically. We had to take them out of the car because it simply didnt run right long enough to justify letting a customer drive home on them that way.

I heard about issues with these but this was the first set we had personally seen ever.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 09:41 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley

aaron
Was this Ryan's Evo?
Old Sep 4, 2010, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
Was this Ryan's Evo?
Yes.

Quick Reply: Deatsch werks 1300cc injectors review / Scale / Latency