Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Some Ideas to share

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2009, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some Ideas to share

These are not super ideas but maybe someone find it interesting to use

All my Cobb and Cusco upgrades. I decide to use a heat reflector cover on the nearest to the engine Cobb pipes to keep away the engine heat.
I got mine at Murray's auto parts but there are a lot of these products online

Another angle of the engine bay. You can also see my Boost gauge T connector.

Enjoy the passenger side of the engine bay. Since the cooling liquid reservoir tank has one of the hoses just open to create vacuum in the tank I decide to use a little low restrictor K&N Filter to avoid dust collection inside the tank.
Be aware you have to modify the filter to make it fit inside the hose. It is nothing hard to do it.
You can see also where the Heat reflector starts and ends. Also take a look at my Cusco strut bars. Isn't cool?
The Aluminum Mount that you see hanging from the Cusco bar is an old project that i did. the idea was to install an 8" fan to blow the heat produced by the turbo and engine. since the back of our engine setup is the hottest part under the hood i thought was a good idea to blow the heat constantly from there.
the project was a total catastrofe
No more coments......

i Notice some guys looking for gauges location solution.
Remember PERRIN performance has this really nice dual gauge mount. It fits perfect. you can buy it alone or with a Prosport Gauges combo. I'm installing the Boost gauge first.
a little tip:
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! Disconnect the Battery before play around with power cables. this is a really sensitive electronic system. in other words: This is not a Ford or Dodge. I had to replace fuses 2 times; I’m so use to work in American cars

I found a really comfortable place to make all my electric connections. I’m 38 and muscles start giving some pain if I stay more than 10 minutes below the console.

Anyway, in this location I can connect and disconnect everything in 10 seconds. I hope somebody find this spot useful. I got the electric connector at Pep boys. Was like 10 bucks. It is a 4 cable connector, exactly what gauges need.

Last, I want to share my Spot for my RAZIN voltage stabilizer.
There is a Lot of different ideas and opinions about these products, but I like it. It fixes the dim lights issue
Enjoy it

That's it for now guys.
Sorry for my bad English. Enjoy the photos. And give me some comments

Thanks
Old May 15, 2009, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for all the ideas and photos
Old May 15, 2009, 10:30 AM

sexy
Old May 15, 2009, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

great post man, that gave me some new ideas of what to do to my x
Thanks for sharing!! great evo
Old May 15, 2009, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I love my COBB piping, just put it in. The car definitely feels more responsive and a bit faster on the butt dyno.

Love hearing the turbo spool... its kind of nice to hear the stock BOV as well. At least now you know it exists.
Old May 15, 2009, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Can you take a pic of the Perrin POD from the drivers seat. How it looks, looking directly at the gauge cluster?
Old May 15, 2009, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

per clipse3G request, a couple more of images

i have been soldering and preparing the cables to run the less amount as posible inside the console, is anoing the amount of cables that you have for just two simple gauges. lol
also i had a little problem when i conect all the cables the gauges doesn't turn off. i'm still working on it

i'm using PC power supply conectors to be able in the future to disconect everything easy. i will share some photos of the cables and gauges when i finish this weekend

The Cobb pipes i know look beatifull without the heat reflector, but i'm more for performance than beauty and beleive me that fire reflector keep my Cobb pipe cool.

and yes, it respond 100% better, that's what everybody say, even one service manager from mitsu.
Old May 15, 2009, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

i forgot:
thanks everybody for the support and comments!!!!!