Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

How to install Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2008, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How to install Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth?

Hi,

Anyone know how to install Parrot CK3100 bluetooth car kit on factory Nav unit? Anyone have the pinout diagram of the factory Nav unit?
I know I could buy the factory bluetooth instead. But the factory bluetooth cost too much plus I have changed my steering wheel to an aftermarket steering wheel. So I can't use the factory bluetooth with the steering control.
Can someone point me how to install this?

Thank you.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 01:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a Parrot. I think it is the 3100 but I'm not for sure. It's the one with caller id and display screen but not the one with gps. As I recall, connections went as follows:

1) connect display to blue box,
2) connect microphone to blue box,
3) connect audio mute to head unit (if applicable)
4) cut the looped wires on the supplied harnesses
5) connect red to switched 12V; black to GND
6) lastly you need to connect the Parrot audio outputs to your speakers. I have aftermarket speakers with my own wiring so that made tapping into these easy. If you still have the MMCS, you need to connect the Parrot wires in series with the only 20 pin harness that connects. I can't remember the colors but if you remind me at a non intoxicated time I might look it up.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by salukidude
I have a Parrot. I think it is the 3100 but I'm not for sure. It's the one with caller id and display screen but not the one with gps. As I recall, connections went as follows:

6) lastly you need to connect the Parrot audio outputs to your speakers. I have aftermarket speakers with my own wiring so that made tapping into these easy. If you still have the MMCS, you need to connect the Parrot wires in series with the only 20 pin harness that connects. I can't remember the colors but if you remind me at a non intoxicated time I might look it up.
Thank you. Great info
Old Sep 29, 2008, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by salukidude

I PM'd you.

Thank you
Old Oct 5, 2008, 01:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK finally got around to this. I'm moving things around in the car and had to access the Parrot wires. Like I said before, you have to cut the wires that come looped in the harness. Then you need to use only 4 of the 8 wires.

Left:
Orange +
Red -

Right:
Green +
Blue -

If you are still using the factory nav, you need to connect these wires in series with your speakers. Note that I don't think you can connect these at the navi because those are low level outputs that go to the amp. If you don't have the amp, maybe you can. If you do have the amp, you need to connect the Parrot in series with the amp and speakers. I didn't do this so I can't tell you the colors. Search around cause I'm sure someone has posted it.

The important point is don't connect the Parrot before an amplifier. Make sure it is always on the output side of an amp. The Parrot has a pretty good internal amp and you don't want to send an amplified signal into another, larger amp.