Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

08 GSR - HKS 7640R - Jestr Tune - 405/352

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2011, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 GSR - HKS 7640R - Jestr Tune - 405/352

Got my car tuned @ CFT by Jestr Tuning here in Florida and was really happy with the results.

The ambient air temprature was about 106 degrees in the shop it was really really hot!

93 octane 28psi tapers to about 22psi at redline.

A stock 2011 wrx with intake and tune dynoed at 266 for comparison.

Baseline was 248 @ 17psi - finished up with 405
Car made 157HP on the dyno.

Car is completely linear when full throttle it just goes and goes till 8k. Feels almost stock its smooth as buttah

Also my MAF died on the dyno and another evo x owner loaned me his MAF so i could continue tuning for the day..

Spool looks a bit laggy since the sheet is in view all mode or whatever is called so spool is about 1000rpm off on the sheet.

Mod list
HKS GTII 7460R Turbo its a twin ball bearing gt30 sized turbo that should have very fast spool and hold boost all the way to red line.

MAP Ver 3.0 Exhaust Manifold w/ Cam Angle Sensor Heat Shield - MAP Makes a very pretty and well designed manifold that shows gains in all the right areas. I opted for the 304 stainless steel flange.

With the goal of keeping the Engine bay cool. I decided to send the manifold out to TCC(Tirado Custom Coatings) for their Silver 2000 degree ceramic coating. They also coat the inside of the manifold. The advantage here is to remove heat from the engine bay. These guys have their coatings on 1,000 hp evos and its guaranteed not to flake.

GSC Power-Division S1 Cams & Bee Hive Springs/Titanium Retainers -
GSC Cams and Bee Hive valve springs are going to help me safely rev to 8000k rpm on the stock block. These make power in the upper rpm range where the HKS might need some extra help.

AMS Wide mouth Down pipe - I purchased this off a member on the board and its in brand new shape. The mouth on this thing is huge. I played around with option of getting this coated as well but decided not to.

APR Head Studs - Will allow me to hold more boost!

Stock Head Gasket - head has to come off when doing cams so I'm going to replace it with the stock head gasket.

OEM Valve Cover Gasket - gotta remove the valve cover and replace the gasket!

Spare Bolts - i picked up 4 turbo bolts that are the same part number as the bolts for the exhaust manifold. I have extra studs and bolts also included with the AMS. So think we are covered for (knock on wood) any broken bolts.

Gizzmo Phenolic Intake Manifold Spacer - the intake manifold has to be unbolted so might as well replace this with a temperature reducing mod. This works by creating a barrier between the head and intake manifold that reduces heat transfer from the head. Cooler intake charge means more power!

Mishimoto Radiator - With the head out of the engine bay and coolant drained. This will be a simple installation that will pay off huge in keeping the motor cool. This features 25% more cooling than the stock radiator.

GrimmSpeed EBC - Grimmspeed EBC will control the boost

FIC 1100 Injectors - i hear great things about this injectors. I might hard solder them in with a wire tuck.

Deatschwerks 300 Drop in with blaqops kit - i wanted a drop in solution that would work with E85 down the road.

Zeitronix ZT-2 with ZR-2 Multi-Gauge - One gauge that monitors boost and wide band air fuel? Awesome! this will be installed on the A-Pillar with the AMI low style A pillar. I got the Red Digits with Aluminum bezel.

Other Parts already installed

Ultimate Racing 4.5 Inch FMIC - This was one hell of an install to do by yourself. READ The directions its not a bolt on installation. you will have grind off some rivets and replace them with bolts. its a PITA if you don't have the right tools. I spent 2 hours griding the rivets off with a dremel.

Ultimate Racing UICP / LICP - easy install. weird that the lower intercooler pipe is half polished.

Ultimate Racing Test Pipe - I bought this because of how they designed the O2 fix.

HKS Legamax Exhaust - I modified the muffler and put a custom 3 inch pipe from the test pipe back. Might replace this soon. Vendors make me a deal

Password JDM Intake & Cooling plate - Beautiful carbon power chamber intake that has a ram air effect when combined with their cooling plate.

Perrin Turbo Inlet - replaces the stock turbo inlet.
Old May 30, 2011, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

which gear?
Old May 30, 2011, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

congrats on the number. jestr is a great tuner
Old May 30, 2011, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

nice numbers
Old May 31, 2011, 11:15 PM

Was there when it was on the dyno car sounds like a beast
Old Jun 1, 2011, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the new power.
I would have been out there if I knew. xD
Old Jun 1, 2011, 03:54 PM

Congrats david! I'm the x with the loser MAF til Friday. Car is running terrible lol how was the drive back home?
Old Jun 1, 2011, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by unclecomfort
which gear?
He tuned in 3rd
Old Jun 1, 2011, 06:20 PM

Nice numbers. Let's see a video
Old Jun 2, 2011, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jonathanevox
Congrats david! I'm the x with the loser MAF til Friday. Car is running terrible lol how was the drive back home?
BAD!

I did a 4th gear pull and the damn lip blew off and exploded on the highway

so now i need to buy a new one it was a super expensive day

Originally Posted by Mikey's RS
Nice numbers. Let's see a video
Jestr did the last pull when i was on my way back from Mitsubishi and wasnt able to get a video. I will have one soon

Last edited by Capone X; Jun 2, 2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Do you have any time slips with this set up yet?
Old Jun 6, 2011, 06:40 AM

awesome results
Old Jul 6, 2011, 06:03 PM

not bad, congrats
Old Jul 8, 2011, 03:17 PM

wow great numbers!!!
Old Jul 9, 2011, 02:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by Capone X
Spool looks a bit laggy since the sheet is in view all mode or whatever is called so spool is about 1000rpm off on the sheet.
What part of the graph is inaccurate?

Quick Reply: 08 GSR - HKS 7640R - Jestr Tune - 405/352