Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

AWD Motorsports Built EVO X.. Buschur 2.0L, 93 Oct, FP Black.. 521whp!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2011, 08:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AWD Motorsports Built EVO X.. Buschur 2.0L, 93 Oct, FP Black.. 521whp!!!

We just completed another build in the Line of Buschur Builds we have here.. This one our 1st FP Black Powered Evo X w/ Built motor.. This customer came to us looking for 500+ pump gas and 600+ on E85.. We knew with the injectors he had and OEM Maf housing we may not make it to our 600 goal so we went after the pump gas setup 1st.. I was skeptical about making 500+ on pump with a Black because stock engine cars here normally make 440-450whp.. So squeezing another 50 with the motor i couldnt be too sure of.. We always tell the customers The built engine is to make the power RELIABLY not to lean on just to make the power.. The combination has to be right.. Well this car has a pretty good combination i would say.. We made 521whp @ 28psi.. The power never dropped off as you can see so this cam combo along with the ETS Tubular mani is working very well.. Below are the mod lis and dyno sheet on pump..

Mod List
Buschur 2.0L Engine
FP Black Ported @ AWD
Kelford Stage 2 Cams
Cosworth Valvetrain
ETS Tubular Exhaust Mani
ETS Intake
ETS 4" FMIC w/ Piping
ETS Exhaust & 02 Dump
FIC 1100cc Injectors
Buschur Double Pumper
AWD FPR Regulator Kit
Boomba Throttle Body
Buschur Ported Intake Manifold
Tuning by: Diiirk

We went on to try some E85 tuning and it would appear we maxed the MAF out and nearly maxed the injectors also.. We havent had anyone push an Evo X yet so i wasnt prepared with the Larger Maf from ETS So the results were 543whp safely on E85.. The customer wants to drive around and beat on it a little bit and then bring it back in to set the FP Black Record on the Evo X on E85.. I dont think it will be an issue.. Ill keep you guys posted!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0Z7TK4F1h0

Last edited by AWD Motorsports; Jan 28, 2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sick powerband Mike It just keeps pulling. The torque holds solid too! Just plane awesome!

Looks like it was creeping a bit. What wastegate is on this?

Mikey
Old Jan 27, 2011, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW Sexy!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 09:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
Sick powerband Mike It just keeps pulling. The torque holds solid too! Just plane awesome!

Mikey
Thanks!!

Funny i didnt catch the TQ as i rarely look at TQ unless its like a 2.4L where i want to see what it makes.. Your right though it does have a flat TQ curve.. We could have added more preload probably to bring in more TQ earlier and a little more power down low but i wanted to see if we could keep the TQ reasonable on pump and let it run the power all the way up on top and it seems to pull hard.. Boost holds great on the Black as well..
Old Jan 27, 2011, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

Great setup and graph.!.Now mike that looks more supercharged then mine,
Old Jan 27, 2011, 09:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO

Mikey
It is creeping a little bit.. it has a little bit of a modded wastegate..

As you can see the initial split second TQ spike isnt there.. When we had on a regular actuator it was not holding on top so how its set up now i dialed out the violent spike but it holds like a brick even with a little creep midrange.. I dont mind some creep on top if it doesnt overshoot the target boost.. I think we could have run 30psi on pump with this car but i wanted to keep it safe as i know the owner likes to beat his cars on the street and track..

Mike
Old Jan 27, 2011, 09:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Video is uploading.. Stay tuned..
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Nice! Once the upgraded MAF and larger injectors I see no problem setting the record!
Old Jan 28, 2011, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Great power guys...very impressive!

Makes me want to pull my car outta storage to stay ahead

I guess I didn't really think about it honestly, but the more I do...I guess I technically have the record...lol.

That ETS tubular appears to really be helping...god I want a tubular...and a new intake mani, and TB and bigger core, lol.

I wish I wasn't poor now

When you guys getting this back to the dyno?

You guys will keep me motivated to try pushing more power, great job AWD!
Old Jan 28, 2011, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Curious, are you guys using the FP wastegate? My shop hates the FP ones...I swapped it out for a blouch wga which has a stronger spring...gonna try to preload that more this spring as well to see if that helps with boost.

Care to elaborate on the "mod" as well...or is that top secret and you'd have to kill me type stuff?
Old Jan 28, 2011, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Very nice!! That is a killer dyno sheet for sure. I hope the customer enjoys the car! Thanks for all your support!
Old Jan 28, 2011, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

wondering the same thing as Murlo
Old Jan 28, 2011, 09:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by murlo26
Great power guys...very impressive!

Makes me want to pull my car outta storage to stay ahead

I guess I didn't really think about it honestly, but the more I do...I guess I technically have the record...lol.

That ETS tubular appears to really be helping...god I want a tubular...and a new intake mani, and TB and bigger core, lol.

I wish I wasn't poor now

When you guys getting this back to the dyno?

You guys will keep me motivated to try pushing more power, great job AWD!
Thanks!!

We will probably redyno the car in a few weeks.. The customer wants to go play around on pump for a little bit more.. Then well add injectors and MAF Housing and crank it up..

Mike
Old Jan 28, 2011, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AWD Motorsports
Thanks!!

Funny i didnt catch the TQ as i rarely look at TQ unless its like a 2.4L where i want to see what it makes.. Your right though it does have a flat TQ curve.. We could have added more preload probably to bring in more TQ earlier and a little more power down low but i wanted to see if we could keep the TQ reasonable on pump and let it run the power all the way up on top and it seems to pull hard.. Boost holds great on the Black as well..
Originally Posted by AWD Motorsports
It is creeping a little bit.. it has a little bit of a modded wastegate..

As you can see the initial split second TQ spike isnt there.. When we had on a regular actuator it was not holding on top so how its set up now i dialed out the violent spike but it holds like a brick even with a little creep midrange.. I dont mind some creep on top if it doesnt overshoot the target boost.. I think we could have run 30psi on pump with this car but i wanted to keep it safe as i know the owner likes to beat his cars on the street and track..

Mike
Ya boost seems fairly conservitive for 93oct. What is the compression? 9:1... I have been eye balling the Xs lately. I may get a X in the near future but still not sure if I like them. I like the motors though

On a built motor with creep is not bad at all. pump kinda scares me because it will probably creep to 30psi in 4th on the streets. I personally on a built E85 motor love creep. As long as the shaft speed is not to high at 8-8.5k then it's totally fine! What is max usable shaft speed for these Blacks? I know the IX Blacks are 135k. That may be a question I'll have to ask Robert...

Very nice car and I'm sure the owner is very happy. Nice to see AWD pumping out a number of sick cars in a short period of time

Mikey
Old Jan 28, 2011, 09:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by murlo26
Curious, are you guys using the FP wastegate? My shop hates the FP ones...I swapped it out for a blouch wga which has a stronger spring...gonna try to preload that more this spring as well to see if that helps with boost.

Care to elaborate on the "mod" as well...or is that top secret and you'd have to kill me type stuff?
Its still an FP Wastegate.. 25psi.. Cant say much about the mod.. I keep some things to ourselves to give our customer a little edge..

Mike

Quick Reply: AWD Motorsports Built EVO X.. Buschur 2.0L, 93 Oct, FP Black.. 521whp!!!