Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

FM radio frequency: only "odd numbers"?

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2009, 02:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question FM radio frequency: only "odd numbers"?

Hello guys, sorry for all theese topics with questions (and for my English...) but I've just got my Evo X USDM in Italy, so I need some info from you!

Is it normal that in FM radio frequency search (manual search too), you can only get frequencies with odd decimal number? For example, you can tune 90.1 90.3 90.5 and so on, but not 90.2 90.4 90.6 etc?
In USA you have not radios that use frequencies with even decimal numbers?

If this is correct, you know if it's possible to change this setting in the oem radio? Here in Europe we use both odd and even frequencies, so I would like to be able to tune also the even ones!!

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Bye
Stefano

Last edited by therocket; May 6, 2009 at 03:02 AM.
Old May 7, 2009, 10:17 PM
ZK
Evolved Member

The US does not use even decimal number FM. I don't know how to change that. You can try putting in a radio made for European-sold cars.
Old May 7, 2009, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

Yes I think it's the only way. But it's not a big problem... usually I listen to mp3s or... engine!
It was only curiosity... so you have radio frequencies spaced by 0.2 MHz; I think this is good, in Europe they're spaced only by 0.1 so sometimes there's noise.

In any case, if someone else know if there's some switch or something on the radio to set it as EU, please tell me.

Bye!
Old May 7, 2009, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way because I am just curious, but why do you have a USDM Evo in Italy?
Old May 8, 2009, 12:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CaliMR
Don't take this the wrong way because I am just curious, but why do you have a USDM Evo in Italy?
In Europe they're importing many Evos (but also other sport cars) from USA because in this way they're much cheaper. Consider that in Italy a stock Evo X GSR costs 47k Euros that means 63k USD... now I don't know exactly how much does it costs in USA, but I think it's around 35k USD, and the car is exactly the same!!
So, even considering shipping costs and "re-homologation" in Europe, it's in any case cheaper to get a USDM model.

In my case, I paid 39k Euros (52k USD) for my USDM Evo X GSR with "Sight Sound and Spoiler Package"; this price is "on the road", I mean it's comprehensive of european "re-homologation", registration for having plate, etc.
The same car with the same accessories (and here there's not that package, so you have to add Aero kit, Fast keys etc one by one) here costs around 49k Euros (66k USD)
Then, if you consider that at the end of last year Euro was very strong on USD, many dealers imported many USDM cars... for sure Mitsubishi Italy is not happy about this...

And this is the same for a lot of goods, not only car and motorbikes (for example I have motocross bike Honda CRF 450R that I paid here 9k Euros = 12k USD; in USA it costs 7k USD) but also electronics and so on.

It's obvious that also salaries are a little higher, so everything is "shifted up", but this is the situation.

Bye (sorry if I made too many mistakes in English...)

Last edited by therocket; May 8, 2009 at 12:57 AM.