Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

GroupBuy: GrimmSpeed Master Cylinder Brace Evo 8/9

Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
GroupBuy: GrimmSpeed Master Cylinder Brace Evo 8/9

Price: $99.99

Improve pedal feel and braking capabilities!

Pressing the Mitsu brakes leaves a lot to be desired, especially when every inch counts in a race or when you are depending on them to save your life! The dramatic firewall flex is the source of this performance flaw in Mitsus that we came to solve. Skipping the "standard bracket" that others have been making we engineered the most simple to install and best performing master cylinder brace on the market. The GrimmSpeed™ Master Cylinder Brace takes a beating and comes back for more! Crafted from hardcore CNC laser cut 12L14 with multi-point welded fabrication. It is the Abrams Tank of master cylinder braces touting 5 factory mounting points, the mostavailable from any brace. Powdercoated black this brace will outlive your car and win you some style points to boot. Most importantly this brace kit will kill your wimpy pedal feel and give you the immediate and tight response that your performance car deserves and needs when you hit the track or rally. This brace will give you the confidence similar to that of SS braided brake lines with precision stopping. Not to mention street driving just got a whole lot more fun!

The reinvention of heavy duty, it's what you can expect from GrimmSpeed™

Product Features:
  • Most Bracket Mounting Points Available!
    (4 strut tower mounting points)
  • Fits EVO 8/9
  • Indestructible 12L14 CNC Laser cut construction and black powder coating
  • Pedal feel dramatically improved
    (Similar feeling to SS Braided brake lines)
  • Large diameter pressure cup
    (Will not mar and damage the master cylinder like other braces)
  • Does not require any cutting or modification of stock components.
  • Simple Allen key locking mechanism

GROUP BUY DETAILS
Closes on: Monday, August 6th
Participant limit: Unlimited
Pricing structure: Tiered
The Group buy will last 2 weeks.
We currently have 40 units available anything above that will be 3-4 weeks out. Shipping of the brace will start once 31 units have been sold, or 2 weeks. This will allow for enough time to get the best pricing to everyone

Normal MSRP: $99.99
1-10: $95
11-20: $90
21-30: $85
31+: $79

Shipping will be calculated upon checkout, here’s a few examples we ran.
West Coast ( SoCal)
USPS Priority Mail $9.89
UPS Ground (3-5 Business Days) $11.67

East Cost (NY, NY)
USPS Priority Mail $17.60
UPS Ground (3-5 Business Days) $13.33

PARTICIPANT LIST:
1. mitsuorder (EvoM)
2. THX181 (EvoM)
3. _des_ (EvoM)
4. LookThatsMe (EvoM)
5. okevolutionVIII (EvoM)
6. EvilTechnology (EvoM)
7. TommiM (EvoM)
8. seanjohn291 (EvoM)
9. Sweetness1892 (EvoM)
10. pheen (EvoM)
11. rdl (EvoM)
12. IcarusRenevatio (EvoM)
13. EricLee7481 (EvoM)
14. Beebo05 (EvoM)
15. 619evoboy (EvoM)
16. CalypsoGST (EvoM)
17. Thrilla (EvoM)
18. Chu's Mom (EvoM)
19. DieselPWR (EvoM)
20. pensport (EvoM)
21. 16vEVOIX (EvoM)
22. Mistaken (EvoM)
23. Raptord (EvoM)
24. deeman101 (EvoM)
25. 48mile (EvoM)
26. Kevin McCulloch (FB)
27. slipperychicken (EvoM)
28. diablo1 (EvoM)
29. DARKtEAGLE (EvoM)
30. Joey B (EvoM)
31. Piro Fyre (EvoM)

This is an example of the actual effect the GrimmSpeed brace has on a flexing master cylinder.

Please contact us for unbeatable pricing on these products, also keep in mind we will match or beat any competitors pricing on so called "package deals"!

: Send us a PM|||||: NateAtMAP|||||: 1-888-MAPERFORMANCE x 114|||||: Nate@MAPerformance.com

|||||||||||||||

Like us? Tell us and everybody else about it!

||||||||||

Last edited by maperformance; Aug 14, 2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nicely build/designed piece.

Put me down for one please.

THX181 = Eric Lind
eric@uberautowerks.com
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Put me down for one.
des_dsm@yahoo.com
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

I was fortunate enough to be one of the test cars for this part for Grimmspeed (the pictures above are from the install on my car) and I have nothing but amazing things to say about this piece. Very well made, looks awesome even though after install it's quite hidden by the factory strut bar and works absolutely perfect. Anyone looking to get this done should not hesitate for a second. I only had it on my car for all of 30 minutes before I got to test it out on a parts run and it was noticeable immediately, especially with freeway braking. The only negative thing about this is that it really made my warping rotors much more noticeable!
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Count me in
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'll go in on this as well.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 03:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll take one.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im in for sure but I am wondering if this mounts under the factory strut bar, then wouldnt the factory strut bar be unevenly spaced on one side? Does the strut bar still mount and secure correctly since its spaced on one side, or do we have to space the other side to have the bar mount correctly? I can see if this brace mounted above the strut brace it wouldnt be an issue but Im just concerned about this being an issue.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TommiM
Im in for sure but I am wondering if this mounts under the factory strut bar, then wouldnt the factory strut bar be unevenly spaced on one side? Does the strut bar still mount and secure correctly since its spaced on one side, or do we have to space the other side to have the bar mount correctly? I can see if this brace mounted above the strut brace it wouldnt be an issue but Im just concerned about this being an issue.
What problems would a height difference cause? I suppose you could put washers on the other side (passenger side) to make the height even. But I don't see a need.

This works with both stock and aftermarket strut tower bars, and stock battery or mini battery.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

There is no need to adjust for height, nor the need for any washer spacers. We installed this on my car with the factory battery and factory strut bar in under 30 minutes, that was even while taking pictures and BS'ing though. I asked Matt about this while it was happening and he explained that they made the mounts as thin as possible to avoid the need for washers as spacers for this exact reason. They wanted something that will fit into the car regardless of what you've got for modifications, or lack thereof. Luckily for GS my car has been kept incredibly stock so they were able to see how it functioned on a stock car as well as a few other more modified cars.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:21 AM

I'll take one too
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:34 AM

Looks awesome. I'll take one.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BriK
What problems would a height difference cause? I suppose you could put washers on the other side (passenger side) to make the height even. But I don't see a need.

This works with both stock and aftermarket strut tower bars, and stock battery or mini battery.

I guess if its thin enough then it wont matter. What I was thinking that since the strut bar is a rigid piece,and the brace will space out the strut bar on that side that much more, then one side will sit slightlly higher causing the nuts to not seat completely flat on the strut bar on the opposite side. It might have been an exaggeration but I was just wondering about that.

It looks like a solid piece so Im in.

add me. dmoranza77@yahoo.com

Last edited by TommiM; Aug 6, 2012 at 06:17 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:30 PM

I'll take one, pheen619@gmail.com
Old Jul 26, 2012, 05:32 AM

I guess if its thin enough then it wont matter. What I was thinking that since the strut bar is a rigid piece,and the brace will space out the strut bar on that side that much more, then one side will sit slightlly higher causing the nuts to not seat completely flat on the strut bar on the opposite side. It might have been an exaggeration but I was just wondering about that.

It looks like a solid piece so Im in.
Just get you a torque dampener for the other side and it will even out haha

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GroupBuy: GrimmSpeed Master Cylinder Brace Evo 8/9