Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2

just wondering if anyone on the forum is running these tires. I was looking at purchasing the BFG Sport Comps but they did not have any so Tire Rack recommended this tire. I ordered a set of 245/40/17 to go on my next set of rims which are 17x9's.

I was in the market for something that will handle wet roads really good. since where I live now the roads get wet often and pretty slick. Plus I'm looking to but some track miles on them as well.

just looking to hear some thoughts and maybe air pressure recommendations.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
The only thing I have to contribute is this link. I think these will be my next tires if I can get them at the current price.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=162
Old Jul 22, 2014, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

I was looking at tire rack's reviews and test results. I will admit that the steering response worries me along with the softer sidewalls but hopefully its not as bad as I'm thinking. since the price of the F1s was a big selling point I opted against the S04 Pole Positions as well. I got a set of the F1's shipped for $563 and they are also offering an $80 rebate so with that $483 shipped isn't too bad.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 03:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It did pretty good in our testing, but not top of its class. Was a stronger wet performer but lacked a bit in steering response. Decent dd tire that will handle most of what you'll do on the street. However, if in your budget, the B-Stone S04 or Michelin SS would be better options.

Last edited by Neal@tirerack; Jul 22, 2014 at 03:45 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vmrevo9
I was looking at tire rack's reviews and test results. I will admit that the steering response worries me along with the softer sidewalls but hopefully its not as bad as I'm thinking. since the price of the F1s was a big selling point I opted against the S04 Pole Positions as well. I got a set of the F1's shipped for $563 and they are also offering an $80 rebate so with that $483 shipped isn't too bad.
I use stock size tires for the XL(Extra Load) rating. I've been told they have a slightly stiffer sidewall.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Neal@tirerack.
It did pretty good in our testing, but not top of its class. Was a stronger wet performer but lacked a bit in steering response. Decent dd tire that will handle most of what you'll do on the street. However, if in your budget, the B-Stone S04 or Michelin SS would be better options.
I called but you were out of office

the rep I talked to thought highly of them. I guess as long as these do good on wet roads and hold up to the occasional track days it should be ok especially with the final price.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vmrevo9
I called but you were out of office

the rep I talked to thought highly of them. I guess as long as these do good on wet roads and hold up to the occasional track days it should be ok especially with the final price.
What tires will you be comparing these to? I think for the PRICE they can't be beat.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 02:15 AM
Evolved Member

I currently have a set of Firestone firehawks. I DO NOT like this tire. These tires when new were really slick on wet surfaces and they improved a little but not a confidence inspiring tire in the wet. The only track time they saw was on a drag strip which at the time they replaced a worn out set if S.drives and they helped me get my 11.7 time but that was it

Interested to see how well the F1 performs. The firestones have a lot of life left on them. But since I'm going with a 17x9 wheel I ordered new tires. Plus I should hopefully have the firestones with old rims sold soon
Old Jul 24, 2014, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Well to my amazement the new F1's arrived today. I ordered these on the 15th of July and I was truly expecting them to be here in about 2-3 weeks. I'm stationed in the UK and shipping to the APO can take a while. Awesome Shipping Tire Rack!

I was planning in sending the rims to get powder coated tomorrow. So I should have these installed by next weekend hopefully
Old Nov 15, 2014, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Just a quick update. the tires are performing really well. I have noticed the slight lag in turning the wheel but mostly while stopped and starting to pull out of a spot or my driveway. nothing major, especially since it could be because of the size. im happy so far.