Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

varrstoen es221 + evo 9 brembos

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2012, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sujinX
boostedGS and Hamtaro

^^^ total bs... where? a few hundred more, show me and i'll buy it right now. same specs
the varrstoen's are about 1g.. ya'll need to stop posting bs information.

dont you think if your statement were true that everyone would be rocking te37's??

Hamtaro- the link the other guy posts SHOWS you need a spacer for some of those offsets. where did you get the info that none need spacers?
apparently you dont understand that wheel spoke design affects the clearance. no one offset works for all wheels.
Ok, Hamtaro may have been exaggerating a bit, unless he was referring to a couple hundred each wheel, like Hollywood mentioned, but nonetheless, they are definitely worth it.

I live in Los Angeles area, the streets here are ****ty. I figure, if you drop 1k on wheels, and gonna end up cracking them, and dropping another 1K on the same set, thats already 2K, and hopefully when you crack those, you don't buy another set of crap China quality wheels. So dropping $2K+ on used set of TE37s when they come around may be worth it. OF COURSE, they aren't available every damn day at that cost, but I have seen them for that cheap.

And to answer your question above in bold, NO, because everyone doesn't have the same taste in wheel design and deals like that don't come around often.

Originally Posted by Hollywood_Evo
You'll have to show me where i can get a set of TE37s for around 1500$, cause where i'm from if your lucky enough to find a used set with the right offset and width, your gonna be paying over 2000$ for a set that aren't rashed and chipped.
really? I never said you can get them for $1500. Although, I've seen sets for low $2000's, but you have to just come up on a deal for those.

Originally Posted by Hollywood_Evo
Unless he's referring to a couple hundred more per rim. I have yet to be lucky enough to find someone locally with the correct offset and width, that are in near mint condition.
I also never said "mint" condition. I did specifically state "USED", nothing else.
If you want to get a "mint" set, you gotta pay to play.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by boostedGS
save up a bit more and get some used real TE37s. You won't have to worry about cracking or bending them
here boss, let me quote your own statement for you.

u cant even stand behind your own statement, like i said, the varrstoen's in 18x9.5 can be had for 1 g.... im just saying dont feed people lies.

te37's used is over 2300 for 17's boss... IF someone ever sells it... over 3000 for 17's new, again IF someone sells it... thats not mentioning 18's yet. and in the right size.

i've been searching for a set close to 2g and cannot find it.
what you mean hamtaro prolly meant a couple hundred each wheel? your the one that said a "LIL BIT" more, he agreed on your statement and you thumbs up back to him.

a couple hundred more per wheel does not mean squat when your buying a set of 4, that so called "couple hundred" becomes over a grand total really fast.

i do pay to play\
Old Oct 9, 2012, 08:03 PM

It's just easier to come across ES221s then a decent set of TEs up here. Not many Evos around where i live, so that offset is pretty rare especially in a square setup although i guess i could try buying two sets of fronts from guys selling them off their 350s, g35s ect....
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:53 AM

You just have to find the deals. Without even trying, I found 2 sets of 19" TE37's with tires for $2150 shipped to $2400! Last time I checked, 19" TE's costed more than 18" TE's.

http://m.clublexus.com/forums/showth...highlight=te37

http://m.clublexus.com/forums/showth...highlight=te37

To whoever the OP was, I already forgot since people are nitpicking and over analyzing all the small stupid **** like the wording used in the post, how much current market TE's are going for, etc.

I would just wait and try to find a used set. If you really can't wait, then **** it, buy a set of fake TE37s. If your roads are pot hole free, huge dip/bump free, go for it! You probably won't have to worry as much as the people in the Los Angeles area.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 05:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yo yo yo. You guys just need to stop arguing.
Just answer what it is need to be answer.
Im interested in getting a varrsteon es7 or es211, and i was wondering if any spacer or fender roll required for 18x9.5 on 255-40-18 tires?
If no fender roll or wheel spacer needed, what offset would i need for my evo 8?

Please stay in subject asked!!!!

I know this thread has been awhile back but does anyone have more answer for this???
Any picture on the car will be great too!!!!!!

Thanks
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Wont need a spacer if you get a bbk then u can have concave and your cake too.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Howulikemyevo
Yo yo yo. You guys just need to stop arguing.
Just answer what it is need to be answer.
Im interested in getting a varrsteon es7 or es211, and i was wondering if any spacer or fender roll required for 18x9.5 on 255-40-18 tires?
If no fender roll or wheel spacer needed, what offset would i need for my evo 8?

Please stay in subject asked!!!!

I know this thread has been awhile back but does anyone have more answer for this???
Any picture on the car will be great too!!!!!!

Thanks
I had 18x9.5 +22 on my car -2 camber all round 235/40/18, rolled fenders
Was ok but rubbed when u turned hard
Don't think 255 will work unless u dial in more camber