Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Anthing good about godspeed coilvers?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anthing good about godspeed coilvers?

I'm looking into a set of coilvers and stumbled upon these..Has anyone used them before..Please need some insight on this kit..Thanks.
GODSPEED EVO7 EVO8 EVO9 MR EVOLUTION 4G63 TURBO CT9A TY...
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
My friend the other day put these on his car (2006 Subaru WRX). I rode it in a good 100 miles after installation, and it rides very nice and handles good.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
You get what you pay for.

Don't expect them to last long (maybe 10-20k miles depending on road conditions)

Don't expect the to last through winter in places where they salt roads or it snows and not have them rust together and not be adjustable

Don't be surprised if they bend / blow

If you are 100% aware you're buying soemthing cheap, go for it.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ebay coilovers are worse than factory shocks... why would you want them? If you want to lower your car you are better off buying a set of springs from a company that doesn't make garbage.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

For money they like comparable to d2 coilovers ..The people that posted have you had any experience with them ??Looking for a adorable coilovers that handles better and can be lowered .Not making it a track car ..
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by brakeboost980
For money they like comparable to d2 coilovers ..The people that posted have you had any experience with them ??Looking for a adorable coilovers that handles better and can be lowered .Not making it a track car ..

LOL Hello Kitty super race coilovers FTW yo! I'm so proud of the majority of Evom posters so far BTW. OP can take or leave it but he/she got thier answer.
/thread
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:28 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 143 Likes on 119 Posts
You won't find anyone here who has experience with dirt-cheap coilovers who is also qualified to speak about their handling and reliability. That's because anyone who knows about suspensions won't go anywhere near cheap coilovers.

The cheap coilover debate gets rehashed here about once a day. The conclusion is always the same: Do not buy cheap coilovers for any reason.

But for whatever reason, people desperately want to believe that cheap coilovers are a good deal. They're not. You're going to sacrifice handling and compromise reliability for what amounts to a cheap lowering package.

If you really want to lower your car, stick with the stock struts and buy some quality springs that are matched to your struts. You will get a car that is lowered but still handles properly and a suspension package that isn't going to fall apart on you.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wingless
LOL Hello Kitty super race coilovers FTW yo! I'm so proud of the majority of Evom posters so far BTW. OP can take or leave it but he/she got thier answer.
/thread
Ok cool story bro.
Old May 2, 2012, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Crappy coilovers < MR Bilsteins + Springs
Old May 3, 2012, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Ok cool story bro.

A story has a begining and an end. I made a statement regarding your stupid ****ing post.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 03:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok cool story bro.
Same story every time I look at this stupid forum, bunch of high school education idiots thinking they know it all about mechanical engineering(that's why I don't post much, too much stupidity here) and trying to make themselves feel smart by putting others down, these guys belong with the muscle car heads, they own the wrong car. They say some of the dumbest **** ever here more than half the time, take 80% of what you see and hear here with not just a grain of salt but a few dashes, I would be weary of the ones with thousands of posts...ahem nooo life......

While it is true that you usually get what you pay for, sometimes if you look hard enough, and are intelligent enough to fix any potential problems yourself, then it sometimes could be worth going the cheap route. Unless you have a lot of money to blow.

I have to say that I am satisfied with their rear swaybar so I think I actually might try these coilovers pretty soon. (I wouldn't buy just any part from godspeed though) Anyways, I'll try to let you know how they are after I get them on, I'll compare them to my friend's suspension(evo 9) he has some ohlins that costed maybe 3 times as much(with no height adjustability and no camber adjust) and I have stock suspension with rear swaybar and have same cornering speeds after the bar was installed(he has stock bars).

The good thing about the godspeeds is they come with camber adjust plates while the ohlins that costed 3 times as much need additional camber bolts from eibach.

You being from colorado or wutever and me being from so cal, the weather should be fine for us to use these "cheap rusty coilovers".....

Me and my buddy also are thinking about making a bunch of evo install and maintenance and fixing videos as we move along. I just fixed my sunroof last week. I might record the install for these coilovers and post it up on youtube.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 05:09 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
You need a chill pill.

< thousands of posts -- why? Because I tested and worked a ton on this platform.

These are re-packaged BC coil overs. Which we know have spotty valving and low quality parts throughout.

What you "pay for" in KW, AST, Ohlins is much more than good internals, its also good manufacturing and engineering all over the system. Not a clone or copy. Truth is 90% do not need coil overs (which since we are talking engineering here...they already have a coil over strut system...).

And I fail to see how a sway bar purchase translates into a coil over.

I think you need to read more on the dynamics of this platform.

Originally Posted by intj123
Same story every time I look at this stupid forum, bunch of high school education idiots thinking they know it all about mechanical engineering(that's why I don't post much, too much stupidity here) and trying to make themselves feel smart by putting others down, these guys belong with the muscle car heads, they own the wrong car. They say some of the dumbest **** ever here more than half the time, take 80% of what you see and hear here with not just a grain of salt but a few dashes, I would be weary of the ones with thousands of posts...ahem nooo life......

While it is true that you usually get what you pay for, sometimes if you look hard enough, and are intelligent enough to fix any potential problems yourself, then it sometimes could be worth going the cheap route. Unless you have a lot of money to blow.

I have to say that I am satisfied with their rear swaybar so I think I actually might try these coilovers pretty soon. (I wouldn't buy just any part from godspeed though) Anyways, I'll try to let you know how they are after I get them on, I'll compare them to my friend's suspension(evo 9) he has some ohlins that costed maybe 3 times as much(with no height adjustability and no camber adjust) and I have stock suspension with rear swaybar and have same cornering speeds after the bar was installed(he has stock bars).

The good thing about the godspeeds is they come with camber adjust plates while the ohlins that costed 3 times as much need additional camber bolts from eibach.

You being from colorado or wutever and me being from so cal, the weather should be fine for us to use these "cheap rusty coilovers".....

Me and my buddy also are thinking about making a bunch of evo install and maintenance and fixing videos as we move along. I just fixed my sunroof last week. I might record the install for these coilovers and post it up on youtube.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 06:53 AM
Former Sponsor

The dude said "adorable coilovers." I know it's a typo, but it's still pretty funny.

- drew
Old Aug 2, 2012, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
In this case adorable works if you are after picking the right color combo to match your kicks.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by intj123
I have to say that I am satisfied with their rear swaybar so I think I actually might try these coilovers pretty soon. (I wouldn't buy just any part from godspeed though)
You do realize there is a vast difference between a bar and a moving component, right? One is very easy to replicate in an acceptable fashion, the other is not.

Quick Reply: Anthing good about godspeed coilvers?