Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tire fell off rim

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tire fell off rim

and the rim is a magnesium blue volk ce28...

i will not name the place i got it mounted for their sake but i had my tires mounted in early february and the charge is on my online bank statement. exactly how do i go about getting a new from them?

note i was not doing donuts...i was traveling at maybe 15mph and i had to make a sharp left turn, it was wet outside, the tire popped off, and i made a 180 and came to a stop. i have done auto-x'ing on these tires/rims at two events now with no problem.

i'm going to their shop tomorrow so exactly how should i approach them? i do not want to start an argument (unless it comes to that)...i just want a rightful reimbursement

Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how much you wanna bet they're going to say you didn't have the right inflation???
Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

That just looks like a unfourtunate tire failure. You just got them mounted in February? They look like they're nearly bald.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah to both statements.
Sux, Claim insurance on it
Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Berts24
how much you wanna bet they're going to say you didn't have the right inflation???
technically they can't prove that i had it under/overinflated correct? honestly i had them all around 34psi. they're the ones that have to prove that they're not at fault i think

Originally Posted by MitsuJDM
That just looks like a unfourtunate tire failure. You just got them mounted in February? They look like they're nearly bald.
baldness does not attribute to the tire completely falling off...besides that, i have 2 replacement tires sitting in my garage that i was going to have put on this week
Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

i bought this tire used from them with about 50% tread left...they've been through 2 auto-x's

i bought it from them and they mounted and balanced it
Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

If you have autox'd on them twice, how do you think it is the tire shop's fault it came off now ?
Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, that sucks. Best of luck, but I could see a few ways they could try to wiggle out of this one, and they might be legit in some cases. Hopefully everything works out for you, bro.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
You've had them on for 4 months and two autocross events and you honestly think they weren't mounted correctly. Do you have any proof? They're going to tell you what any reasonable person would, it's not my fault. You've had them on for 4 months and some very hard driving.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zbomb
If you have autox'd on them twice, how do you think it is the tire shop's fault it came off now ?
since when do tires falling off become something you should worry about? do they make "specially designed" tires that you can buy that won't fall off around a track?

point is, if you install tires on a rim, they shouldn't be falling off
Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:35 PM

i don't see how it was their fault. its not like the tire came off min's/day's/week's after they mounting them, its been months. you even stated that you've auto-x with this set up and you were fine. for all you know it could have been just curtain circumstances or conditions at the time that made the tire un-bead itself from the rim.
i highly doubt you will get anything from the tire shop.
since you ask about how to approach them, i would ask them if they have any type of guarantee before you tell them what the situation is. that way if they say something like we guarantee our work for a year, they you could proceed to make your complain. but if they say we guarantee our work for a month or days or whatever and its been over that time. that online statement will be more of a reason for them not to do anything for you.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Are you sure you were only doing 15mph?
Anyways, just call up the shop tomorrow and see what they say. Then go on from there. Worst case scenario is you have to buy one new rim and tire.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Floyd is Pink
i bought this tire used from them with about 50% tread left...they've been through 2 auto-x's

i bought it from them and they mounted and balanced it
Okay, I just read this statement and you are $hit out of luck.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

wth are u doing over there
geez good luck let me know how it turns out
Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by EvoHung
Okay, I just read this statement and you are $hit out of luck.
LOL!!!! only time i buy used tires is to drift the **** out of them. not to daily drive on them, and i wouldn't even consider auto-x'ing with them

Quick Reply: Tire fell off rim