Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Racing Brake ET700 pads/RotorPros review

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2008, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Racing Brake ET700 pads/RotorPros review

I installed a set (front/rear) of Racing Brakes ET700 pads and RotorPros blanks in about 2 weeks ago, 400+ miles on them.

http://www.racingbrake.com/Brake_Pad.../pd1001-37.htm

So far they are everything they claim to be. Absolutely no squeaks during low or high speed braking; I installed them with the stock, stainless steel shims and some CRC red paste. The only time they ever made a peep was a slight "moan" when I was bedding them in.

There is very little to no dusting. I just did a quick wash on the car (did not touch the wheels)this morning and I was really impressed with the wheel condition. With my old HPS's I was cleaning the wheels every week, they always seemed go get that grey, dull coating so quickly. Looks like I might only have to do it once a month now.

Comparing my previous Hawk HPS, the ET700's seem superior in every way. The bite slightly harder than normal, at "around town" speeds. Although I haven't been on the track with them yet, at higher (90+) speeds, slowing the car instills confidence. You can just stand on the pedal and feel you seatbelt ripping into your sternum. I was never able to enable the ABS with my old HPS/stock rotors, even in the rain! This setup has no problem. I will definately recommend these pads to anyone looking for a high level street/ light track event pad.

The Rotor Pros reviews on EvoM helped me out greatly with my rotor selection. They are exactly as everyone says. Install was simple and they perform just like stock blank rotors should. The only gripe I had about them is the zinc coating on the hats started rusting slightly after the first rain. I just sprayed the hats with a high temp/ flat black. (as seen in the pic above. )

Last edited by RichC; Nov 9, 2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Great review - I have been using RB products for a couple years for multiple uses; track, auto-x and street. I opted for their rotors and have been completely satisfied with both their products and customer service.

I am developing a site for enthusiasts that will offer discounts or group buy options on products that provide great bang for the buck and RB is on my list for brake components!
Old Nov 9, 2008, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Thanks for the review. I'm trying to decide between the RB ET500 or 700 for my car. I do high-performance street driving and autocross.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would go with the 700's. You may eat up the 500's too fast with auto-x'ing. I would actually suggest the 800's if you don't mind an occasional squeal or the need to warm up the pads a little on very cold days to proper operating temperature. I am in Maple Grove, MN for about 7 days per month by the way.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Why are you in MG each month? Do you work for Medtronic? You should hook up with us next time you're around! We have a weekly meet generally on Weds nights and get together and turn some wrenches on the weekends.

I think the 800's would be too aggressive for me since I need a quiet pad that works in even the coldest temps (I daily drive my car and you know how cold it can get during the winter!).

Last edited by Kracka; Nov 9, 2008 at 05:09 PM.