Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Review: Autozone Duralast Gold CMax Pads (Ceramic Brakes) for the Daily Driver

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2008, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you go Duralast Semi-Metallic Front and Rear? Or are you running Duralast CMAX up front, coupled w/ Duralast Gold Semi-Metallic's on the rear?

If you have the combo above then it's most likely the rears that's making the squealing noise (Semi-Metallic). The best way to figure out if it's the rears is to put your stock rear pads on temporarily and see if the noise goes away. If it does, return the Semi-Metallic rears (they will give you a full refund), head to Kragen and get the Satisfied Pro Ceramic VS (PR-961C) on the rears and your noise will go away.

That's the setup I'm now running and it has seen a couple of SoCal mountain runs already and and no noise.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 11:01 AM

So you've commented on the stopping power and the noise, but how do you feel about the brake dust on these?
Old Jan 1, 2009, 11:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by prodystopian
So you've commented on the stopping power and the noise, but how do you feel about the brake dust on these?
read it, it says there is much less dust...
Old Jan 12, 2009, 05:52 AM

Idk I had veryyy bad experiences with duralast...I mean If they work fine, I prolly use it, but idk I really hate duralast anything. But I'm thinking of doing a brake upgrade and get a 2-piece design like u did...I'll post when I get up the money...
Old Jan 22, 2009, 08:38 AM

I put these on last weekend and they feel pretty good to me. They have good stopping power and I can't hear them at all. I can't comment on the dust because my rims are pretty dirty from the last set I had on and I haven't been able to really clean my rims in this weather.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sounds like a winner!
Old Jan 27, 2009, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
hey guys i'm thinking of swapping my front pads to something a little more aggressive. i have centric posi quiet ceramic pads in all four corners but it doesnt have the bite intially like the stockers did. and i knew that since they are not track pads. now i just like to get something with a good initial bite and that will defintely stop the car without to much pedal.

how are these pads holding up? how is the pedal feel with these. i also plan on changing the brake lines and fluid to AMSoil brake fluid or Motul
Old Jan 28, 2009, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

If you want something more aggressive then you'll probably have to check out the Ferrodo DS2500's.. I'm not sure how the Satisfied GSS6, or the GSS5's perform, might want to ask smikeevo as he runs the GSS5 on the street.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
yeah i thought about those as well. i might try to stay with the ceramic pad due to it being quiet and all. i dont autox yet and i dont see myself doing it anytime soon just looking for a good pedal feel with a good pad bite.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by funks
I'm running DURALAST CMAX GOLD on the FRONT, and Satisfied Pro-Ceramic VS (PR-961C) on the REAR. Both ceramics. Won't be changing the front pads to Satisfied ones though because my fronts wear quite a bit more than the rear hence the lifetime replacement will pay dividends down the line :]
Thanks for the review! I'm almost at 30k miles and my brakes are getting close to needing replacement and I'll probably go with this combo....
Old Jan 29, 2009, 11:56 AM

I run the same pads for daily use. Stop fine. no issues.

For the track I swap to Hawk HP Plus. <- do not recommend. Noisey!!!
Old Feb 6, 2009, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

BTW, for those people wanting to go with different brand instead.. The Satisfied GS6 pads are back in stock @ amazon.com

Fronts = GS6-D1001 (57$)
Rears = GS6-D961 (40$)

w/ free shipping.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Don't you think some of the noise isn't the pads but maybe that floating rotor you just put on?
Old Feb 9, 2010, 07:47 AM

Interesting read. I'm at 44k miles and the outside pads are still mostly beefy, but the insides are getting a little thin. Might look into this as a cheap fix for DD/Autox.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by funks
BTW, for those people wanting to go with different brand instead.. The Satisfied GS6 pads are back in stock @ amazon.com

Fronts = GS6-D1001 (57$)
Rears = GS6-D961 (40$)

w/ free shipping.
I'm running these in the front. They feel good and haven't noticed any noise.
I forget what I have in the back; have to check my records. Actually I think they are Wagner Thermo Quiet.

Quick Reply: Review: Autozone Duralast Gold CMax Pads (Ceramic Brakes) for the Daily Driver