Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Brembo rebuild kit + diagram

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2006, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brembo rebuild kit + diagram

I need a exploded diagram of the brembo brake calipers (like the pic) and does anybody know if rebuild kits are available for the Brembos yet?

Old Feb 5, 2006, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Any Mitsubishi mechanics here? Does the dealer service/repair manual have this information?
Old Feb 6, 2006, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

I have a .pdf from the service amnual. It's not as detailed as that one but it does show the pistons, seals etc.

pm me your email and I'll send it to you.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 05:18 PM
Taz
Evolving Member

All that's required for a usual caliper rebuild are just the piston seals and maybe the dust boots - I say maybe because these usually burn out if you're a racer. In the rare occasion that the piston would get stuck out sideways, you might end up needing new pistons and maybe some slight honing of the caliper piston walls. I've purchased at the dealer a rebuid kit that consists of seals and boots. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Brembo rebuild kit + diagram-caliper.jpg  
Old Feb 7, 2006, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

I normally drop these off at my local caliper rebuilder. I have him sell me the seals and boots, and I finish the r&r myself. Make friends with your local auto parts guy, he (or she) should be able to hook you up, without having to go to Mitsu.

Darin

PM me if you need more help with this.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Taz
All that's required for a usual caliper rebuild are just the piston seals and maybe the dust boots - I say maybe because these usually burn out if you're a racer. In the rare occasion that the piston would get stuck out sideways, you might end up needing new pistons and maybe some slight honing of the caliper piston walls. I've purchased at the dealer a rebuid kit that consists of seals and boots. Hope this helps.
how much did you pay for this kit? was it just seals and boots? my dealer said they only had a kit with pistons and all and that was way too expensive.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 06:49 PM
Taz
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jdm4g63tgalant
how much did you pay for this kit? was it just seals and boots? my dealer said they only had a kit with pistons and all and that was way too expensive.
Remember it being less than $100, but not sure if that was for one or two calipers.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
BUMP ---- I'm in need of the rebuild kit myself. Any tips? Do you know if the STI uses the calipers as we do? I have located a source for the STI.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

The rebuild kit is avail thru mitsubishi. "front brake seal kit" part #mr407375.

List for $118. I last paid $89. thats per caliper.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Any tips or tricks on install?
Old Jun 8, 2006, 07:32 PM
Taz
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
Any tips or tricks on install?
Is it leaking fluid out of a piston seal?
Old Jun 8, 2006, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

I originally asked this question in reference to tearing down the calipers, repowdercoating them, then rebuilding them. I wanted to be sure that I could get them apart and back together without damaging or destroying them.

I bought one (1) front caliper from someone on ebay and took it apart. I am having a serious time trying to get the boots back in. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

I put the project on the back burner until I saw the thread had been revived. maybe Ill try again this weekend.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

some made a tread about this erlier man spring and you guys ae burning calipers like crazy...i can only imagine how black they must be or if they even have paint left.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Is it leaking fluid out of a piston seal?
Here's the thing....no they are not leaking fluid.... but.....I was told that driving around without the dust boots will kill a caliper in short order. I asked about this in the motorsports forum and they say most aggressive drivers have killed the dust boots and to not worry about it. I was hoping for a high temp upgrade kit. I don't think another factory rebuild kit will do me much good as it will just crap out at the next lapping day. $100/caliper is too much to spend on the crappy stock kit.

As for the calipers.....mine are pretty much gloss dark brown. The paint hasn't come off its just changed color (a few times - darker and darker).
Old Jun 9, 2006, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Meh mine burned off at my second track day 2 years ago and I never put new ones on. I figure when the dirt gets up in there & makes them leak I'll just get new seals. My car has over 72,000 miles on it and I still don't need new seals...

Quick Reply: Brembo rebuild kit + diagram