Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Where can I buy red bulb gel cover?

Old Sep 23, 2004, 02:48 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where can I buy red bulb gel cover?

I've tried all the local auto parts stores, and all they have are the big ones.

I need gel covers for the tiny bulbs in the guage cluster/cig lighter/climate control.

Anyone know?
Old Sep 23, 2004, 02:52 AM
Evolved Member

edit: nvm
Old Sep 23, 2004, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

I just Pm'd you

I pm'd you but those covers were for the radio unit bulbs and the small bulbs for the switches on the left side of the steering wheel. The climate control bulbs, cig lighter, ignition circle and ash tray you can buy # 74 bulbs from http://autolumination.com/194_marker.html I've bought from them on two occasions and have had good experiences. Again if you have any questions feel free to message me.

Mike
Old Sep 23, 2004, 01:35 PM

mikenjulie, do you know how the amber bulbs look? does the red match the meter cluster better than amber?
Old Sep 23, 2004, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

Red vs. Amber

I've only used the red personally, so I couldn't compare them, but I will take a pic tonight and post it to show you what it looks like. I think the match with red #74 bulbs and the red gel caps are almost perfect with the instrument cluster. Stay tuned for a pic....

Mike

Pics are added, sorry the quality isn't the greatest, but should give you somewhat of an idea of the color match.

Last edited by mikenjulie; Sep 23, 2004 at 05:30 PM. Reason: added pics
Old Sep 23, 2004, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mikenjulie
I pm'd you but those covers were for the radio unit bulbs and the small bulbs for the switches on the left side of the steering wheel. The climate control bulbs, cig lighter, ignition circle and ash tray you can buy # 74 bulbs from http://autolumination.com/194_marker.html I've bought from them on two occasions and have had good experiences. Again if you have any questions feel free to message me.

Mike
How bright are these bulbs, I've been looking for a better solution for my gauge color deal.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mikenjulie
I've only used the red personally, so I couldn't compare them, but I will take a pic tonight and post it to show you what it looks like. I think the match with red #74 bulbs and the red gel caps are almost perfect with the instrument cluster. Stay tuned for a pic....

Mike

Pics are added, sorry the quality isn't the greatest, but should give you somewhat of an idea of the color match.
how many bulbs did you need to make every thing red.

BTW good find
Old Sep 24, 2004, 09:02 AM

Partsexpress.com. You can get a bag of 10 red led covers for just a couple $. Get the bigger of the two sizes. They fit perfectly on the HVAC light bulbs.

-Dave
Old Sep 24, 2004, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

here's a link that was posted by jong. It covers most everything else. You can search under "interior lights" and find most of the info you need. I just basically did that and after tearing things apart found what i needed to change it. Also, I used wide tip LCDs for the gauge lights, and they have a more red tint than stock, but less bright. It still looks better in my opinion, but be prepared for it being less bright. I tried to use replacement bulbs where I could, had a nicer look, but the radio lights and the switched for the headlight adj, fog lights, and dimmer switch are so small i couldn't find replacement and used the gels. The Lcds for the gauge cluster are t1.5 with a screw in base, and I couldn't find incadescent bulbs to replace those, but I think those would work better because they would be brighter. Anyhow, anything else I can help with let me know.

Mike

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...nterior+lights
Old Sep 24, 2004, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by delliott00
Partsexpress.com. You can get a bag of 10 red led covers for just a couple $. Get the bigger of the two sizes. They fit perfectly on the HVAC light bulbs.

-Dave
hot damn, that's exactly what i need. I saw that site before, but never saw red covers. thanks for the find!!!
Old Sep 24, 2004, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

hot damn, that's exactly what i need. I saw that site before, but never saw red covers. thanks for the find!!!
Ditto-- much better price than anything else I've found. So the .2 inch diameter covers will cover the gauge cluster, radio and the lights to the left of the steering wheel(headlight controls etc.)?

BTW bolsen- thanks for your how-to- helped me a lot!
Old Sep 24, 2004, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

well in my how to I used the bulb covers that fit a 194 bulb. I ended up tapig them tight because they would fall off under hard acceleration. But if the little guys on the site can fit like the stock blue guys.. then ha! gravy!