Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My Ongoing Build Thread, Thanks to Force Fed Perf., Spec Ops., MAP, Sparktech, etc...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2010, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by FLOW1
Pretty turbo
I agree...BBK-B would be prettier but this will do for now...haha...
Old Sep 5, 2010, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

My ETS UICP had a stock BOV flange on it...I purchased a Tial Q BOV from MAP a little while ago...Friday @ work I cut off the stock BOV flange, used a hole saw to cut a hole large enough for the Tial BOV flange...and my buddy at work welded the flange on for me...here are some pics...

Last edited by 06MREvo; Sep 5, 2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Still waiting on my parts from Russell...I was hoping they would have been here Friday so I could have installed my turbo over the long holiday weekend but for some reason my stuff didn't get shipped out till tuesday & I ordered it last wednesday...oh well...
Old Sep 7, 2010, 11:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice BJ
Old Sep 7, 2010, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Force-Fed Performance
nice BJ
Thanks buddy...my girlfriend is in the garage now, while I'm at work finishing up some prep work with her dremel on my calipers and I will do a finally cleaning tonight then she will be painting them tomorrow...
Old Sep 7, 2010, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
Well when you move to NJ and open up an e85 gas station near me Ill switch fuels...If you read part of the thread you would see there was about an hours worth of tuning done, tune was very conservative on only 25 psi...I wasn't worried about power at that point...I wanted a good enough tune to drive 8 hrs to NJ the next day for work...I wanted to run it at the track once before swapping bovs and getting a retune with more boost...Do you even track you evo at all or is it a dyno queen?
I apologize if I upset you. My evo is crap honestly. Id love your setup even running 11.50's. I have an 05 with maybe 340whp. I didnt mean to insult you or knock your car its beautiful. I just see a whole new setup and only a .5 sec gain. I know if it were me Id be hoping for at least a full second or it wouldnt be worth it. Again beautiful car and sorry if I came across as a hater. Id gladly trade cars/setups with you
Old Sep 7, 2010, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jason@Spec-Ops
Just judging by what your car did with the Red on mild boost. You have one of those "Made on Wednesday" cars.
Originally Posted by 06MREvo
I don't think I can count on both hands how many times I've been told that...haha...
LOL, I tell him that all the time.
Congrats on new setup..
Good Luck..
Old Sep 7, 2010, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ImJoey
I apologize if I upset you. My evo is crap honestly. Id love your setup even running 11.50's. I have an 05 with maybe 340whp. I didnt mean to insult you or knock your car its beautiful. I just see a whole new setup and only a .5 sec gain. I know if it were me Id be hoping for at least a full second or it wouldnt be worth it. Again beautiful car and sorry if I came across as a hater. Id gladly trade cars/setups with you
No problem buddy...when I see douchey type comments from someone that just skimmed through my thread and looked at picture and track times and thats it, obviously I will respond with sarcastic/douchey type comments...I am perfectly fine with a .5 second quicker on my ET and around 6 mph quicker considering I am BARELY pushing my setup...high 10 A/F ratio, same psi(25) I ran with my stock turbo setup, and only 93 oct. Remember I am running a 6 spd & not 5 spd. It was a shake down pass before I swapped BOVs and was going to head to Ivey for a retune with more boost. But obviously I ran into some issues...Sh*t happens...oh well...New setup with have mid 11s a/f ratio and more boost...Should be a fun but I am looking forward to upgrading to the BBK-B....Your car isn't crap man....Good luck with your car, have fun with it...
Old Sep 7, 2010, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SICK9
LOL, I tell him that all the time.
Congrats on new setup..
Good Luck..
Jamie! Hows your car running man? You order that 6262 yet??
Old Sep 7, 2010, 05:53 PM

Great build props man
Old Sep 7, 2010, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Get everything touched up and run an 11.0! or better yet a 10.99.....not too far fetched. BTW I did read through your entire thread before commenting. You planning on getting a 5-speed sometime?
Old Sep 7, 2010, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bigdezel502
Great build props man
thanks man...should be a fun street car...
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ImJoey
Get everything touched up and run an 11.0! or better yet a 10.99.....not too far fetched. BTW I did read through your entire thread before commenting. You planning on getting a 5-speed sometime?
BBK Full with a 110 oct. tune could net me low 11s no problem...BBK-B should net me low 11s on pump and high 10s on 110 oct. If I had a nice 5 spd tranny obviously those #s would be a couple tenths quicker...

Definitely plans for a Shep. Ultimate Ratio trans, a AWD Lightweight driveshaft, Buschur Mustache Bar, Buschur Solid Rear Diff Mounts with Poly Bushings...haha So yeah I have that planned out pretty well already...
Old Sep 7, 2010, 11:40 PM
Evolved Member

Great build/thread sir. Looks like you and your evo have been through a lot, wish you and your evo the very best in the future! I kept on seein you in the BBK B results thread, didn't know there was so much that went into your decision to pull the trigger on the full. Your setup is down right beautiful and nasty at the same time, wish I could build my baby up like yours. I am actually getting closer to going with the full and calling it a day, but I don't have the funds yet and when I do I'll only have one shot at it! Again very nice ride and I wish you the very best after the loss in your family, I willl be checking this thread daily to see your results from the full and a tune from Chad, good luck my friend.......
Old Sep 8, 2010, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvolutinIX
Great build/thread sir. Looks like you and your evo have been through a lot, wish you and your evo the very best in the future! I kept on seein you in the BBK B results thread, didn't know there was so much that went into your decision to pull the trigger on the full. Your setup is down right beautiful and nasty at the same time, wish I could build my baby up like yours. I am actually getting closer to going with the full and calling it a day, but I don't have the funds yet and when I do I'll only have one shot at it! Again very nice ride and I wish you the very best after the loss in your family, I willl be checking this thread daily to see your results from the full and a tune from Chad, good luck my friend.......
Thanks man...going by your sig, you have a pretty nice setup yourself...I think if you went with the bbk full and that tubular manifold you have coming you will be pretty happy with the results...I personally think the BBK-B will be the perfect pump gas turbo for my setup...I hope to have the car all back together by next weekend then head to Chad's the week after for a tune...then head to Island Dragway the friday after that...first weekend in Oct. There is an autox event at Englishtown I am going to then there is a track day event at NJMP I want to attend the weekend after...so it will definitely be a busy next month...I will keep this thread updated with results from everything...

Quick Reply: My Ongoing Build Thread, Thanks to Force Fed Perf., Spec Ops., MAP, Sparktech, etc...