Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My Ongoing Build Thread, Thanks to Force Fed Perf., Spec Ops., MAP, Sparktech, etc...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2010, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MJ23FE
Awesome! Yeah, that's the plan for me as of now. The event actually starts at 11am which is later than it has been in the past, but I like to be there a little early, shoot the breeze with Chad. I also def do not want to drive that much in one day. After the dyno day and hitting up Cobblestones with CBRD, I'll be headed down to Maryland for a birthday party.

Let me know if you change your mind and want to head out on Friday.

-Jalal
11am isn't too bad at all...Ill leave my area around 9am that morning...but Ill let you know if I change my mind...

Originally Posted by bluedevilx
great write up nice picks and nice build thread love everything about this
Thanks man appreciate it...
Old Oct 25, 2010, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Finally some more updates....

Toxicfab Manifold that came in last week...this thing is a work of art!!! Should hopefully be dyno and track testing it the beginning of next week...

Toxicfab Cam Angle Sensor Heat Shield...

Also after reading all these oil threads lately I decided to switch from Royal Purple 10W-30, which I have been using for 30k miles, to Amsoil 10W-40...15 qts of it was at my door step when I came home from work today...Thanks Andy...I will be PMing you soon about drivetrain fluids...

Also I have had a ton of issues trying to figure out this stupid Tial Q bov...11 psi spring, way too stiff, 10psi spring barely opens, 8psi spring opened whenever it wanted to and sucked to drive...So I finally talked with someone at Tial & they said it was alright to add some shims to the bov...I made up some different size shims at work and added about 1/3" of shims to the 8 psi spring, driveability with the 8psi spring is a lottttttt better, very responsive and opens when it should....Only complaint I have is the same SES pops on for a TPS code...P0121 and I either clear it with evoscan or it clears itself...After researching more I found this was a common code with the Tial Q bov....If anyone has any suggestions to fix this let me know!

This weekend was the first time I had a chance to take the car to the track since I got the BBK Full, Tial Q bov, new brakes, etc on the car...I entered the stock appearing class at Englishtown Evo vs. Wrx Showdown...Car was running alright, not 100% but still not bad to finishing up street tuning it 1:30am the night before, haha...All runs done on 93 oct., Nitto 555 tires, & my car is far from light, Englishtown's scale said 3350 with me in it...My 1st qualifying pass was my best ET...11.51...I had 3 traps 119mph+ with my highest being 123mph...The staging guys at Englishtown kinda pissed me off a bit...2 times they didn't give me enough time to get my 2 step set and dropped the pro tree on me and I bogged bad, 1 of those runs being the final of course and I lost because of that...Oh well I still had a great time, met some new people, I finished runner up and got a trophy, plaque & a set of FIC injectors any size I want from Turbotrix...Thanks to TT for hosting the event and prizes...& Congrats to 4g63evoeight for "treeing" me and winning the stock appearing class...

And last...It has been a rough year loosing a family member so my brother & I decided to do something fun for our dad...We are paying for his entry fees, insurance & professional instructor for a track event at NJMP on Wednesday, hosted by TRG. My dad decided to rent a track prepped BMW. My brother will be using his Type-R powered Integra & I will be taking my Evo out on the track...I decided to put my spoiler back on for the track event & as long as it doesn't rain I will be running my stock VIII rims with Kumho V710 R compound tires...I haven't had the spoiler on my car in forever...It draws so much less attention without it on there...haha...Everyone please cross your fingers for good weather for the track event...As of right now there is a 60% chance of rain all day....booooooo...

Last edited by 06MREvo; Oct 25, 2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man that thing looks good coated! Carlos is the man!
Old Oct 26, 2010, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Collin@ToxicFab
Man that thing looks good coated! Carlos is the man!
This thing looks sick inside and out...Carlos did a great job...can't wait to send him my valve cover...
Old Oct 26, 2010, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you running SD? Also did your upgrade anything in your 6 speed?
Old Oct 26, 2010, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by teribble
Are you running SD? Also did your upgrade anything in your 6 speed?
No SD...still stock MAF but plan on doing SD this winter...Stock 6 spd tranny....hopefully be doing a 5 spd swap late winter/early spring...6 spd won't take much more...
Old Oct 26, 2010, 08:39 AM
Former Sponsor

awesome job BJ
Old Oct 26, 2010, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

I know the MAF doesn't like the Tail bov! You might be getting your codes from venting. SD will fix that for sure.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Force-Fed Performance
awesome job BJ
Thanks man...can't wait till I get a clean run...should result in some pretty decent times for a 6 spd & pump gas...

Originally Posted by teribble
I know the MAF doesn't like the Tail bov! You might be getting your codes from venting. SD will fix that for sure.
Yeah I knew Tial & stock maf weren't a good mix but there are some people that can tune the cars to almost the same driveability as a recirc bov...Also with planning on going SD I just said f it and bought the Tial, figured I would deal with the somewhat crappy driveability for a couple months...oh well...
Old Oct 26, 2010, 09:49 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
awesome stuff BJ congrats!

cb
Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice man and while I'm at AWD Motorsports I might get some AMS Oil too HAHA.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
thats nice of u and ur bro to do for ur dad. I am sure he appreciates it!
btw on the drivetrain fluids, remember how good u thought the bg stuff was, try the redline mt90, did the switch to try it out, and the tranny feels even better.

ps. whats that rod/piston on the desk for?
Old Oct 26, 2010, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Looking good man..
Congrats on runner up..
Good luck at NJMP.

Looks like the auto-x here will be Nov. 7th at Briarcliffe mall/Colonial mall.
Freestyle park fell through, so this is the make up site.
Will be interesting.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 11:31 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holy cow... the missing link
Old Oct 26, 2010, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CBRD
awesome stuff BJ congrats!

cb
Thanks Chad...the little BBK Full is definitely working its a$$ off...123mph trap isn't too bad at all on pump gas...see you on the 6th Mr. Block...

Originally Posted by FLOW1
Very nice man and while I'm at AWD Motorsports I might get some AMS Oil too HAHA.
Haha...do it!

Quick Reply: My Ongoing Build Thread, Thanks to Force Fed Perf., Spec Ops., MAP, Sparktech, etc...