Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Formula One UV Shield Tint - Windshield

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2009, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Formula One UV Shield Tint - Windshield

Thanks to a random fluke of the manufacturing process, I got a new windshield today, courtesy of Team Acme in Henderson, NV (they rock - they were not under any obligation to replace it!)

The bad news is that my beloved 3M Crystalline 50% on the windshield could not be salvaged.

While I loved the heat rejection, UV protection, and privacy of the 3M Crystalline film, I was sorely disappointed with its optical clarity and driving through the Mojave Desert at night was very difficult.

That being said, Formula One makes a windshield-specific product called UV Shield (http://www.formulaone.com/uvshield.htm).

It allegedly will allow up to 85% VLT and block 99.9% UV and be optically very clear.

Is anyone running any level of FormulaOne (made by Llumar, I believe) on their windshield? How *optically* clear is it? Does it have any metallic content in it?

The website does not state this.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

I run ceramic windshield coating on all my cars. It's completely clear, blocks 99% of the UV, holds out heat tremendously well, and causes no night vision issues.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vegasse
I run ceramic windshield coating on all my cars. It's completely clear, blocks 99% of the UV, holds out heat tremendously well, and causes no night vision issues.
What brand and type? Huper Optik? I'm looking at Formula One UV Shield (which doesn't say it's ceramic).