Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

There is something wrong with my Dash!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2003, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is something wrong with my Dash!

I noticed if I barely (barely!) press down on the dash, its almost like soft foam and it dents VERY easily. The problem is, the dent doesnt ever want to come out, or rise back flush with the surface.

You have to get into the right light to see it, but its worse than my dads 66 ford pickup!! I mean, i have to be carefull even when cleaning it to use a flat force, and not press down on any one finger or it will leave a dent right through the microfiber im using!

Is anyone elses dash as ****ty as mine? I almost want to take it to the dealer and tell them to put a new one in. Seriously, its garbage.
Old Jul 16, 2003, 08:11 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
On a very hot day, vinyl padding could deform easier, and will take a really long time to come back.. With that said though, I've never experienced that.. You've got me stumped, I'll look at my dash later..
Old Jul 16, 2003, 08:15 AM
In Timeout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had the same problem with my head for years...
Old Jul 16, 2003, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

naa my car was sitting in the shade all day when I first noticed it, and gave it a few little, gentle presses myself. It dents VERY easy and doesnt come back
Old Jul 16, 2003, 01:29 PM
In Timeout

yo boosted.... the problems with our interior is as follows... MITSU is greedy.... MITSU sucks... MISTU is cheap...my floor mat is ripping to ALL hell... my dash looks like it costs them 20$.... i will check it what you are talking about when i get the chance later
Old Jul 16, 2003, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Yea thats ****shubishi for you... they could have given us a $20 dash if they gave us some damn front limited slip and 6speed.

Hey off topic, but did anyone else get a phone call from Mitsu telling you because you are one of the first EVO buyers, would you like to see the 6-speed and front limited slip & AYC brought over to the states. I did the other day, I told the ***** to hurry that **** up and get me my damn front LSD!!!~!~!~!~
..... she said she would note it....
Old Jul 16, 2003, 02:43 PM
In Timeout

U KNOW wat im sayin boosted... i wouldnt mind the ghetto *** floor mats and dash if thats what we had to sacrifice to get AYC or the 6 speed
Old Jul 16, 2003, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

mine is fine...
Old Jul 17, 2003, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

hmm weird. My dash must just suck then.

They should have offered us an RS version like in Japan. Where it doesnt even come with rims. Has some ghetto hubbies on there. But all the power options and everything is there that we crave. Front LS, AYC, yada yada. Who cares about the amenities??