Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

my uk spec evo8 mr

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2007, 01:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice looking car bro!
Old Jan 28, 2007, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mayhew333
I think all the FQs come with it. I could be wrong.

Very nice car. I really like the Ralliart oil cap. Is it the same color as the valvecover?
yes the ralliart oil cap is a very close color to the valve cover, currently having my ralliart bumper cover painted the same color as the valve cover so it match's better than the bright red it comes from
Old Jan 28, 2007, 02:37 PM

cleaned the car today and went for a drive into the great british counrty side , was cold as today and no sun out, as ya can probably tel just like most days over here anyhows got my titanium arc heat sheild fitted

Last edited by evo8mr_bobby; Jan 28, 2007 at 02:51 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

very very sexy looking car! i want a RHD car sooo mcuh! looking good!
Old Jan 28, 2007, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

nice!!
Old Jan 28, 2007, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

nice car..... lucky
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo8mr_bobby
yes the ralliart oil cap is a very close color to the valve cover, currently having my ralliart bumper cover painted the same color as the valve cover so it match's better than the bright red it comes from

Cool, I was thinking about doing the same thing with mine. Please post pics of it all done and installed. I like the red but I think that matching the valvecover and the oil cap would look sick! I guess I could photoshop it but I would appreciate the pics. Once again, sick car man.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 03:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FQ too buddy!! Sweet whip
Old Jan 29, 2007, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

I think you should send me your seats, sure would look good in the RR.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

I'm kinda 50/50 on the seats. Maybe just a little too much red...but very nice anyways.

As for the engine, I'm wondering why the USDM Evo's don't get the anti-lag lines?

The nose mask you can get at www.lebra.com. It's the same piece for the base model Lancer.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by evo8mr_bobby
thanks for the comments on the car, the seats is 1 of the things that made me buy it, as ya dont see the red leather with alcantra much even here in the uk !!

also on this mr evo where can ya get the car bra's from on it, would like 1 for mine,
http://www.autoanything.com/car-bras/10A50165.aspx
Old Jan 29, 2007, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

how much power are you making?
Old Jan 30, 2007, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Cirrusly Evolvd
I'm kinda 50/50 on the seats. Maybe just a little too much red...but very nice anyways.

As for the engine, I'm wondering why the USDM Evo's don't get the anti-lag lines?

The nose mask you can get at www.lebra.com. It's the same piece for the base model Lancer.
the anti lag lines to the manifold sound wierd, make like a stuttering 'farting' type noise when the valves opens and the air gets pushed into the exhaust, it does this to help keep the turbo spinning so it spools up faster when going back on the throttle.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by jkim2001
how much power are you making?
power when i bought the car was 380hp and 376lbft but now i'm not sure, fitted a boost controller and stronger spring in the blow off valve its now holding boost for longer, as it was peaking to 1.6 then leaking boost via the blow off valve down to 1.2 which the std spring is designed to hold, not it peaks 1.65-68 bar and holds 1.45bar at 7500rpm.
also fitted a injen hard pipe kit,changed the hks filter for a injen air filter,
just guessing here but i'd say around the 400hp mark now !!!!
Old Jan 30, 2007, 12:55 AM

thanks for the comments on the car also, with it being a mr model i get some extras over a std fq version,

Evolution VIII MR derives it's Mitsubishi Racing (MR) designation from that first used on the Colt Galant GTO, the first Mitsubishi production car powered by a DOHC engine, and traditionally reserved for the Lancer, GTO and other Mitsubishi high-performance sports models.

Evolution VIII MR is the first production model in Japan to use a lightweight aluminum roof panel. Other distinguishing features include exclusive Bilstein shock absorbers developed jointly with Bilstein, and BBS lightweight forged alloy wheels. The turbocharged engine is tuned to deliver maximum power over the mid-to high-rev band and generates 2.0-liter class-topping torque of 294lbs/ft at 3500 rpm.

Detail improvements to the ACD + Super AYC + Sports ABS electronic all-wheel drive control system realize a more natural and better-mannered driving feel.

Evolution VIII MR sees no changes in body design over its predecessor but is distinguished by new coloring and exclusive styling trim.

The turbocharger uses a larger turbine nozzle with matching cam profile to deliver higher output at mid- to high engine speeds. The turbocharger waste gate now uses two solenoids. This optimizes boost pressure control to give more stable torque in the low to mid-range. Durability is improved through shape optimization and reinforcement of the cooling water channels, uprating from a 3-ply to 5-ply head gasket and the use of magnetic ion-coated piston rings. Engine response is improved with the use of lighter silent shafts. Cooling performance is improved with the use of a larger oil cooler that features two extra rows.

Shock absorbers jointly developed with Bilstein exclusively for Evolution VIII MR offer superior response characteristics and realize better road holding. with the use of different damping rates for the single-tube front and rear shocks .

do you have a mr model over here

Quick Reply: my uk spec evo8 mr