Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Finally did it..

Old May 29, 2005, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like it came like that from the dealership.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 12:12 AM
Evolved Member

bUMP... UPDATE??
Old Jun 9, 2005, 12:24 AM
Evolving Member

Well, to give you an update on my part, it's been a very time consuming process the way I did it. The way Rich has his unit setup the radio bezel is a plug and play Mitsubishi unit from Japan or the UK. The only issue that I had with this setup is that it did not leave me any room to play with. It actually brings the head unit down about a centimeter or two. I took the very painstaking process of custom molding my own unit to my own specs. The finished piece I will post up another time. The A/C wiring from Evo to 3G Eclipse is a little bit harder than plug and play. While you may have no trouble converting the blower motor harness, the secondary harness in the Evo can make anyone think twice about doing this modification. I'm just glad I got all this done before the hot days hit NJ hard.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kmxxbadboy
Well, to give you an update on my part, it's been a very time consuming process the way I did it. The way Rich has his unit setup the radio bezel is a plug and play Mitsubishi unit from Japan or the UK. The only issue that I had with this setup is that it did not leave me any room to play with. It actually brings the head unit down about a centimeter or two. I took the very painstaking process of custom molding my own unit to my own specs. The finished piece I will post up another time. The A/C wiring from Evo to 3G Eclipse is a little bit harder than plug and play. While you may have no trouble converting the blower motor harness, the secondary harness in the Evo can make anyone think twice about doing this modification. I'm just glad I got all this done before the hot days hit NJ hard.

Are you saying with the Japanese bezel, the HU rails don't match up to the openings in the front? I had wanted a 2DIN space to put in a DVD/MP3/Nav unit...
Old Jun 9, 2005, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DUDE How much do i have to pay for you to do that to my car?!?!?! Im in MD which is like 2hrs or so away. Ill PM you.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

It's actually not a very hard thing to do. The only things that were time consuming for me was the actual fabrication needed on some internal sheet metal, plastic and holes. The rest of the stuff is simply available at your local Mitsu parts counter. In deference to Rich, I will wait until he has pricing done on his kit. If anyone does decide to purchase Rich's kit, I know I'm more than qualified to do the installation on it.

And for those of you who are wondering if the Japanese unit and the US unit will line up or not, do a simple test. Double the amount of space of the headunit and measure downwards from the bottom of the headunit and you will have the dimensions for a 2DIN space. Now compare to what the UK/Jap bezel looks like and you will see that the US ISO mount location will not coincide with the Japanese one. I am hesitant as to posting pictures as I did put a lot of time into this. I took the route less travelled using resin, fiberglass, and a little bit of the good old brain matter to get my setup working.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Update!!

I've contacted the evoM admin in regards to becoming a vendor and will be registering once I have all the parts ready to go.

I've gotten a few of the HVAC units and harnesses in for the first batch, but still need my affiliate shop to get me setup with special-order relays for the defroster and recirculation functions. When they're in, I plan to snap a few pics of the harness to include with the end kit. I'm also still waiting on my european contact to get his shipment of 2-DIN panels in.

Have faith, this will be ready soon.

BTW, any idea how many people are going to be interested in these kits so I know how many units I will need initially?
Old Jun 28, 2005, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Dude if you want me to pay you now.... i will. That is how much im interested.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

no way, i appreciate it but i need vendor status before i could do business on EvoM.

also, i don't want to keep members waiting long for the initial batch of conversions.

i really can't wait to hook up the evoM community with these kits. the lack of option for 2-DIN was one of the few things i hated most about the EVO. at least now, we can finally have 2-DINs on this side of the pacific and atlantic!!
Old Jun 28, 2005, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Okay dude...say theoretically you are currently a vendor. I give you money right now, how long would it take to have my "kit".
Old Jun 28, 2005, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

I am also very interested........well I want it.........now.....so you may as well just PM me when its done hehehe
Old Jun 28, 2005, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Why don't we start an "I'm interested and will pay ASAP" list?

1. zstryder
Old Jun 28, 2005, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zstryder

1. zstryder
2. platinumspecv
3. platinumspecv
4. platinumspecv
5. platinumspecv

see you have 5 now.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

okay the jdm frnt/rear bumper buy just lost priority1 sign me up on the "i want the first batch list" couple of Q's though
1. is that the only option for hvac control or will the other possibilities be there as well
2. what price
3. how hard is it to diy if you have the kit
4. is it possible to get some kind of max a/c control b/c i live in tx and without it the a/c just isnt strong enough for this heat
Originally Posted by zstryder

1. zstryder

2. platinumspecv
3. platinumspecv
4. platinumspecv
5. platinumspecv
6. thadon84
Old Jun 29, 2005, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

So the kit will have the conversion harness for the 3g HVAC unit to Evo connectors? If so techinically its a plug and play kit right?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally did it..