Notices

TM WORKS Coil On Plug Ignition System!! Plug and Play!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2008, 01:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TM WORKS Coil On Plug Ignition System!! Plug and Play!!

TM Works Evo Ignition

TM Works is a very well known aftermarket company in Japan that specializes in aftermarket ignition systems, boosters and Voltage Regulating Systems. One major advantage of the this system is that it is a direct OE replacement Bolt on consisting of 4 coils over the factory 2 and it still retains the factory spark plug cover. Many other systems offered only consist of 2 replacements coils. This is a True Direct Bolton for Evo VIII and IX.

LIMITED QUANTITIES AVAILABLE... 850.00 SHIPPED!!

Below is a pic and a dyno sheet for a slightly modded car. I can only estimate that a car with more HP will Gain more as well. 12WHP is a very good gain for an Evo IX with Full Exhaust, HKS manifold, Flash and 20psi.. These runs were back to back less than 10 minutes apart.

Last edited by AWD Motorsports; Jun 21, 2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 12:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does the kit consist of just the coils and harness? Or is there a CDI box as well?

Why are 4 coils instead of 2 considered an advantage?
Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by bradrs
Does the kit consist of just the coils and harness? Or is there a CDI box as well?

individual coils give an even distribution of spark over 2 coils with different length wires to the secondary plugs. A few years back, i used br8es plugs... evo VIII, ~10kmiles on the plugs, stock ign and looked at the wear with a spark plug reader (magnifying glass) and you could see #4 worn the most, #2 next, then #3, and #1 had little wear. I thought this was just interesting seeing how the factory ign is not even. Someone told me that someone in UK picked up a lot on the dyno with the TM Works.. I'm curious to see how much this will pick up on a evo with more boost, where ign upgrades really are an advantage. 12hp is very good for only 20psi and for something that can be bolted on/off in 5 min (for warranty )
Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Just the coils and harness no box needed.. As stated above you better distribution to each coil when its 4 coils on 4 plugs direct..
Old Feb 25, 2008, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by rsturbo
individual coils give an even distribution of spark over 2 coils with different length wires to the secondary plugs.

Do people actually believe that?

The 2 coils system will provide the exact same spark current to BOTH plugs that it goes to. It has to, or else it isn't following fundamental electrical laws. The current flows from the coil, to one plug, through the head, to the other plug, and back to the coil, completing the circuit.

Originally Posted by rsturbo
A few years back, i used br8es plugs... evo VIII, ~10kmiles on the plugs, stock ign and looked at the wear with a spark plug reader (magnifying glass) and you could see #4 worn the most, #2 next, then #3, and #1 had little wear.
Why it may APPEAR that it is providing different spark distribution is because the plugs are going to wear differently. You have one plug that is firing from center electrode to ground strap, and the other that is firing from ground strap to center electrode. The description of the spark current path will explain why this is.

Look for wear on the opposing edges in the 2 different plugs. For each dual output coil, one will show more wear on the center electrode, the other on the ground strap.

With the 4 coil system, you could change it so that the spark current is flowing in the same direction, giving the appearance of plugs that are wearing more evenly because they are wearing in the same direction.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 11:12 AM

Do people actually believe that?

The 2 coils system will provide the exact same spark current to BOTH plugs that it goes to. It has to, or else it isn't following fundamental electrical laws. The current flows from the coil, to one plug, through the head, to the other plug, and back to the coil, completing the circuit.

Why it may APPEAR that it is providing different spark distribution is because the plugs are going to wear differently. You have one plug that is firing from center electrode to ground strap, and the other that is firing from ground strap to center electrode. The description of the spark current path will explain why this is.

Look for wear on the opposing edges in the 2 different plugs. For each dual output coil, one will show more wear on the center electrode, the other on the ground strap.

With the 4 coil system, you could change it so that the spark current is flowing in the same direction, giving the appearance of plugs that are wearing more evenly because they are wearing in the same direction.
What you are saying does make sense. I am just saying what i saw and something i'd like to share. You can clearly see that the #4 was "worn" the most and #1 was worn the very least. It was just interesting to see. Not saying that they don't do their job well, but a true test with these coils show a big improvement so everything counts.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

How much shipped to 29926 Thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2008, 02:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Didnt seem like much interest a few months ago but i figured i would bring back the thread.. 12whp gain on a small bolt on setup..
Old Jul 8, 2008, 03:32 AM

very nice! is this compatible with the stock ECU? no problems like part throttle misfires etc.?
Old Jul 8, 2008, 07:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JDMIX
very nice! is this compatible with the stock ECU? no problems like part throttle misfires etc.?

It works 100% with stock ecu.. No issues at all.. I have a customer with a set on a daily driver w/o any problems.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

do you know if it is compatible with a sun auto hyperforce module?
Old Jul 8, 2008, 09:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DimitrisIX
do you know if it is compatible with a sun auto hyperforce module?
I dont know the answer to that but there would be no reason to run both.. this is a coil on plug setup. you dont need additional amplifiers..
Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Those look like nissan sentra se-r spec v coils

I wonder if keeping the HKS unit with these coils would be any good?
Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sabastian458
Those look like nissan sentra se-r spec v coils

I wonder if keeping the HKS unit with these coils would be any good?
to put the HKS with these, you might as well just do a real COP on like Buschur for 990.00..
Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:22 PM
Former Sponsor

do you have any pics of it off of the car?

Quick Reply: TM WORKS Coil On Plug Ignition System!! Plug and Play!!