Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Evo 9 Wing install

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2016, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 9 Wing install

Hi there,
I recently bought an Evo 9 and i was wondering what the measurements were for installing the stock wing. The previous owner had removed the wing and had the holes professionally filled, inside and out, leaving no trace of where the stock holes would be. If anyone has any info on how i should go about installing the wing it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Old Aug 16, 2016, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
buy/trade someone who wants a wingless trunk. but, maybe mitsu has a template?
The following users liked this post:
maxspeed96ct (Aug 24, 2016)
Old Aug 16, 2016, 08:17 PM

Believe it or not im the only person in my town with an evo 9, and im not really looking to spend money on shipping when i already own the wing. ill search for a template online and if not then i suppose ill have to go into my local dealership
Old Aug 17, 2016, 01:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts
Look on the back side of the trunk. You can find the spaces for the holes there. If its all smooth and shaved on the back too then post up a picture. I can mark the location where the holes should go.

However, its worth it to try to look for an 02-03 lancer trunk with holes they might line up.

Your local dealership is just going to drill the holes. They will set the wing down on the trunk and mark where the studs sits and drill that. 3 holes are needed per side. One of those holes does not go through to the back.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by deylag
Look on the back side of the trunk. You can find the spaces for the holes there. If its all smooth and shaved on the back too then post up a picture. I can mark the location where the holes should go.

However, its worth it to try to look for an 02-03 lancer trunk with holes they might line up.

Your local dealership is just going to drill the holes. They will set the wing down on the trunk and mark where the studs sits and drill that. 3 holes are needed per side. One of those holes does not go through to the back.
Sorry for the wait, ive been busy and installing the spoiler was still up in the air for me. I am 100% installing it sometime this week. i will provide pictures tommorow, any sort of insight would help out a ton. Thanks!
Old Sep 11, 2016, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by deylag

attached here are some pictures of the underside of the trunk