Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Remove Front Recaros.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2008, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Remove Front Recaros.

I found the post about removing the rear seats.

I was wondering how do I remove the front stock Recaros?
Old Jul 11, 2008, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its really simple. I dont have any pics or a digital camara but 3 of the 4 bolts are in the open with a small plastic car over them. The 4th bolt is under neither center console arm rest. I havent done it in a while but I beleive there is only like 1 or 2 screws that have to be removed to lean it up high enough to remove the bolts.
Base Lancers are the same way. It shouldnt take long at all.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
its very easy, u will need a socket wrench (don't remember the size bigger size 1/4") and a Philip screwdriver, first start by removing the center armrest (the rear bolts for the seat are under this piece)
you will see the bolt in clear view, just loosen and remove the bolt, the same with the front.
before you remove the seats you will need to unclasp the seatbelt chime plug, now what i did to make it easy was lower the back rest all the way down, open the back doors and take the seats out from the back.

good luck and maybe cover some stuff with a towel to protect the parts from the bottom metal brackets.

also at this time its a good idea to fully clean all areas, before you put the seats back.

this is what i do 4 times per year when i clean my car.

PS place some anti sieze stuff on the bolts, before you place them back.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Anti-sieze? Any product recomendations?

Sounds easy enough, can anybody get some pictures? I got to do this tomorrow morning damn rain water...

Thanks for the quick responses!
Old Jul 13, 2008, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Just got done ripping apart the interior. Thought I'd give the tools needed to remove the front recaros.

Tools needed:

9/16s rachet with an extention.
a small phillips head screw driver.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

I only saw two how to's for this, so when I do this later on this week I will add pics.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:51 PM
Evolved Member

Talking Removing Front Recaro Seats

Ok this is another really easy do it yourself job. The only things you will need for this are a ratchet with an extension (preferably if you don't want to completely remove the center console) and a 14mm socket (9/16 will work but you should use a 14mm) and a Phillips head screwdriver.

1) Remove the two screws in the center console and tilt it up to a 45 degree angle so you can have access to the screws in the rear inside corners of the seats.

2) Remove the screws in the outside rear corners of the seats and the bolts in the front corners of the seats.

3) Let the seatback down and remove the passenger side seat through the passenger side rear door. Do the same on the driver’s side.

4) And viola you're done! Now though I only did the passenger side seat for this post; on the driver’s side I believe there is a seatbelt relay that you will also need to unplug when removing the driver’s seat. I attached some pics as visual aids so good luck to all.
Attached Thumbnails Remove Front Recaros.-console-screws.jpg   Remove Front Recaros.-bolt1.jpg   Remove Front Recaros.-bolt-2.jpg   Remove Front Recaros.-bolt-4.jpg   Remove Front Recaros.-passenger-side-no-seat.jpg