evolutionm.net - Home of the Lancer Evolution
Home Features Community Marketplace Registry Garage Store

Go Back   evolutionm.net > Lancer Evolution 1-9 Forums > Evo How Tos / Installations > Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Used CarsGarageVendor Directory
Search

Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Welcome to EvolutionM.net!
Welcome to EvolutionM.net.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old Aug 5, 2006, 11:27 PM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (2)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 1997 Integra; 2000 Subrau Impreza; 2003 EVO VIII; 2004 Civic SI; 2002 IS300; 2006 325i; 2006 IS250; 2008 IS-F

Evo's oil change with pics

I know that's a member already posted a oil change's how -to, but somehow all the pictures link are dead. Just in case someone may need assist with the oil change

So, I had decided to post my oil change here, just in case someone may need it.

Click the image to open in full size.here's what you need: Mitsubishi oil filter with washer *(recommened,but not nesscary), oil pan, and wrench with 17mm socket

1st step: Jack your car up and hold it with jack stand or whatever that's safe. It's also better do it when your car is warm, NOT BURNING HOT, easier for the oil to drain.

Click the image to open in full size.Once you get under your evo, located the oil drain plug(left @ the picture) which at the passanger side. And that's the oil filter(sn# GGB) next to the plug.

Click the image to open in full size.Closer look of the drain bolt.

Click the image to open in full size.2nd step: Now grab the wrech with 17mm socket on, unbolt the oil drain plug. CAUTION: HUGH amount of oil will rush out once the bolt is removed, recommened for using glove.* And put the drain plug away, we gonna need this later.

Click the image to open in full size.3rd step: Wait till the oil drip out slowly, now remove the oil filter. * You can use filter wrench if you have one, i just use hand to loosen it. It's abit too tight sometimes.* CAUTION: some pretty good amount of oil will rush out once the filter is removed too.

Click the image to open in full size.Now, let it drain for awhile, at the other hand, we get the filter and drain plug ready. Let the oil drain for awhile.

Click the image to open in full size.4th step: Remember the drain plug? Keep your eye on the crush washer. Sometime it's pushed all the way to the edge. Nail it out. (old one still on the plug and the new one should come with the filter)

Click the image to open in full size.Old washer had been taken off.

Click the image to open in full size.Insert the new washer into the plug.

Click the image to open in full size.Take the new oil filter out, that's a plastic cover on it that need to be removed.

Click the image to open in full size.cover removed.

Click the image to open in full size. 5th step: After a period of time, oil not dripping anymore. It's about time we get back to the car. Do as the instruction said on the filter. Put a small amount of the oil on the gasket of the new filter.

Click the image to open in full size.'Oiled' the gasket.

Click the image to open in full size.6th step: Tighten the drain plug and the air filter. *Don't over tight both of them. CAUTION: the filter should go in very easily, while it stated concting the base, you can either tighten it 1/2-3/4 of a turn or torque to 124 +/-18 in-lbs (about 11 +/- 1 ft-lbs).

Click the image to open in full size.7th step: Start pouring new oil into you engine. It's should be around 4.7 quart, check dip stick until it reach 'max mark' CAUTION: Don't overfill your engine oil.

Click the image to open in full size.8th step: close the cap, and start your car, let the car run alittle, check for any oil leak, and also check the dip stick again, add oil to recommened level(owner manuel) if needed.

Click the image to open in full size.Last check and you're done.

I hope this little 'how - to' can help people when they needed it. I also posting this @ www.evolutionm.net and www.evosc.com.

p.s. sorry for the broken English lol

in case if the picture link is down, you can go to my cardomain page:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2131955/7

Last edited by Mr.Evilution; Sep 24, 2011 at 10:17 PM.

Old Aug 6, 2006, 10:28 AM   #2
Evolving Member
Personal Sales Rating: (4)
Garage is empty, add now

Only thing I notice is you aren't using the proper oem filter

Old Aug 6, 2006, 10:44 AM   #3
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (0)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: White 05 EVO RS

Send a message via AIM to alloyic_rs Send a message via Yahoo to alloyic_rs
other than using the wrong oil filter and some spelling/grammar mistakes, thats a pretty good write up

i still use the original factory 10w30 mobil 1, not extended life and i change it every 3k miles
Zaklee Aluminum underhood shifter bushings
Powerflex engine mounts all around

111,000 miles and many rock chips :(

just changed my first clutch at 102,000 miles

Old Aug 6, 2006, 10:51 AM   #4
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (18)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: Apex Silver Evo 8.5

Send a message via ICQ to alan678 Send a message via AIM to alan678 Send a message via MSN to alan678 Send a message via Yahoo to alan678
Its funny that he has the wrong oil filter on there...i have gone to the SAME dealership many times to pick up my filter and they insist on giving me that one...now instead of giving them the car info i just give them the oil filter number to make sure i get the right one...

Dont get me wrong though...the filter above works just fine...

Old Aug 6, 2006, 01:32 PM   #5
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (7)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 2006 GG EVO IX SE

Send a message via AIM to EVOIXMR8916
what is the proper oil filter number is it in the manual....

Old Aug 6, 2006, 07:43 PM   #6
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 1997 Integra; 2000 Subrau Impreza; 2003 EVO VIII; 2004 Civic SI; 2002 IS300; 2006 325i; 2006 IS250; 2008 IS-F

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan678
Dont get me wrong though...the filter above works just fine...
Ouch!! almost scare the poop out of my butt.

By the way, what' the different on the filter?

Old Aug 7, 2006, 10:44 AM   #7
Evolving Member
Personal Sales Rating: (17)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: '12 X5, '11 335d, '07 Tundra CrewMax 4x4, WW IX MR

Send a message via AIM to DruMMinStUd06
mind if i post this on socalevo.net?

'12 BMW X5 | '11 BMW 335d | '07 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4x4 | '05 Subaru WRX STi - FOR SALE | WW IX MR v. 2

Old Aug 7, 2006, 10:46 AM   #8
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (7)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: Electric Blue Evo, IS300

Send a message via AIM to Tristar
Yea, I was going to ask why his filter was so tall. Every time Ive gotten one from the dealer its the short one...

"Dude I just got snaked by a Subaru"

Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:01 AM   #9
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (41)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 06 WW IX GSR

Another step I usally add, is adding some oil in to the filter, prior to mounting. Helps with dry start up.

Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:08 AM   #10
Evolving Member
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 2011 GMC Sierra Z85 4x4 crew cab

the filter i get from the dealer is #mz690116

Old Aug 7, 2006, 07:53 PM   #11
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMMinStUd06
mind if i post this on socalevo.net?
As long as it's not for profit-making purpose. Yes.

and before you do that, would you mind tell me if you going to 'link' to this post or just copy this?

If it's link to this post, which is totally ok.

If you planning just copy this to socalevo.net for easy access for their members, that's two rules:

1. Please don't add or delete any text in the post. (Please understand that i had some real bad experience before)

2. Please respect my 'copyright' of this post. You still need to link this post's url which is : http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...81#post3349281 for reference. And need to copy the list parts: my email address, just in case someone else want to repost this to somewhere else.

I am so sorry for making it so much trouble for you, and i understand this really not like a 'WOW!!!' How-to', but as i said i had some bad experience b4, so i am truly appericate your great understanding.

thanks!

-Ray

p.s. If you planning to copy this forum, pm me your email address, i can copy the whole post with url code of the pictures etc. so it should save you some times!

Last edited by Mr.Evilution; Aug 7, 2006 at 07:57 PM.

Old Aug 8, 2006, 12:41 AM   #12
Evolving Member
Garage is empty, add now

Click the image to open in full size.

call me stupid...whats the rolling thing you lay on called? i need one of those...i tried looking it up at autozone...couldnt find it on their site.

'12 BMW X5 | '11 BMW 335d | '07 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4x4 | '05 Subaru WRX STi - FOR SALE | WW IX MR v. 2

Old Aug 8, 2006, 12:45 AM   #13
Evolving Member
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Evilution
As long as it's not for profit-making purpose. Yes.

and before you do that, would you mind tell me if you going to 'link' to this post or just copy this?

If it's link to this post, which is totally ok.

If you planning just copy this to socalevo.net for easy access for their members, that's two rules:

1. Please don't add or delete any text in the post. (Please understand that i had some real bad experience before)

2. Please respect my 'copyright' of this post. You still need to link this post's url which is : http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...81#post3349281 for reference. And need to copy the list parts: my email address, just in case someone else want to repost this to somewhere else.

I am so sorry for making it so much trouble for you, and i understand this really not like a 'WOW!!!' How-to', but as i said i had some bad experience b4, so i am truly appericate your great understanding.

thanks!

-Ray

p.s. If you planning to copy this forum, pm me your email address, i can copy the whole post with url code of the pictures etc. so it should save you some times!
i PMed you

Old Aug 8, 2006, 03:35 AM   #14
Evolving Member
Personal Sales Rating: (3)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: IX MR

Quote:

call me stupid...whats the rolling thing you lay on called? i need one of those...i tried looking it up at autozone...couldnt find it on their site.
I think it's called a creeper. One thing to remember about creepers: Remove them from under the car before you drive off. Don't ask how I know.

Old Aug 8, 2006, 07:53 PM   #15
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:

hahaha, you ask a chinese with no english like me to tell you what that's is??

j.k.

yup, it's call creeper. I found them got damn helpful for working under car!!!

I bought a whole set of 'jack, jackstands,creeper,wheels block' for a unbeatable price of under 30 buck at Pepboys, after rebeat.

here's the link: http://pepboys.shoplocal.com/pepboys...Boys-060801Fly

but since like they jack up the price alittle bit this week, oh well, look around and you may find good deal!

Old Aug 8, 2006, 07:53 PM
EvolutionM
Mitsubishi Lancer

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2006, 2009, change, dipstick, drain, engine, evo, evolution, honda, ix, lancer, mitsubishi, oil, pilot, plug, quarts, schedule