Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

If You're Still Using This Forum / Thank you EvoM!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2021, 02:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
this site rocks! it's helped me out so much in getting my evo back in good shape. A google search of pretty much every question I have had has sent me back here and usually with a solution too.
The following users liked this post:
pre2dat (Dec 16, 2021)
Old Oct 28, 2021, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I made a similar post sometime ago on Facebook on how users should be migrating over to these forums rather than using FB. The response I got was that "it is easier to just open an app and ask in a FB group". FB posts aren't easily archive/search-able. Once it falls down the timeline, good luck finding it.

I am very thankful for sites like this still being around today. It's helped me tremendously when diagnosing issues or overall just general learning on the platform. The Evo has been my dream car since it was first released in the US back in 2003. Joined this forum once I discovered it and eventually years later finally got myself an Evo.

So once again, thanks for this wealth of knowledge we have here. Looking forward to many more years of using it and watching it grow with more!
The following 2 users liked this post by Chrispy0530:
MikeyT (Jan 9, 2022), silverevo05 (Dec 19, 2021)
Old Oct 28, 2021, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by DontStopMe
Tech wise, I'm trying to document as much as i can on my YouTube channel for the EVO 8/9 platform. EVOM has always been a great source for me to help verify and learn new things before i put them out!
this, would not leave out the stuff paul@boostedfilms has done.

i need to swing by sometime with my car and do some work with you, i'm up there often enough lol
DontStopMe (Dec 16, 2021)
Old Dec 15, 2021, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hear, hear! This place was my default when I picked up my Evo new in 2007 and it still is today. An incredible wealth of knowledge and passion for the platform sits within this site and its members, and we’re all better for it.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Definitely need to keep all this info archived in some fashion.

Been here since I first got my GG 9 MR in 06 and I still regularly come back in to see new stuff and fix this or that if I forget how to do it.
Hopefully we can archive all this stuff for future reference.
Merry Christmas/ Happy Hanukkah to all you guys.
DontStopMe (Dec 16, 2021)
Old Dec 16, 2021, 09:49 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 223 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
this, would not leave out the stuff paul@boostedfilms has done.

i need to swing by sometime with my car and do some work with you, i'm up there often enough lol
Sounds good, but my garage is lacking! ASM is probably the best place to work or film at.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
awesome site....long time user, def not first time caller
Old Dec 20, 2021, 12:01 AM
BBC
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A fantastic resource.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 09:15 AM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Coming from the DSM world, this place is my top (and basically) only resource for all things Evo. Thank you to all who keep it running.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Forums are always amazing place to learn new things or be able to plan out a new build, i wish the evo platform would stay stronger, use to be more involved with all its members
Old Feb 14, 2022, 07:01 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Stopped by for the first time in ages and I see this beauty of a thread. Do you guys genuinely think that social media took away your audience? Take a look at a site like head-fi. They've thrived throughout this time. We're in a global pandemic, folks have less discretionary income, yet the company I run had its best year in 2021 and we're on track to do even better this year. Why do you think that is? It it because we have great people working with us? Absolutely. Is it because our product is in demand? Sure. All that can be gone in an instant with a stroke of a pen by the management. And that's exactly what happened here. EvoM management drove the knowledge folks out of the forum, the rest followed, and now you have nothing. See you in a few more years...maybe. Remember, he who laughs last, laughs best. Cheers!
Old Feb 14, 2022, 07:05 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
Stopped by for the first time in ages and I see this beauty of a thread. Do you guys genuinely think that social media took away your audience? Take a look at a site like head-fi. They've thrived throughout this time. We're in a global pandemic, folks have less discretionary income, yet the company I run had its best year in 2021 and we're on track to do even better this year. Why do you think that is? It it because we have great people working with us? Absolutely. Is it because our product is in demand? Sure. All that can be gone in an instant with a stroke of a pen by the management. And that's exactly what happened here. EvoM management drove the knowledge folks out of the forum, the rest followed, and now you have nothing. See you in a few more years...maybe. Remember, he who laughs last, laughs best. Cheers!
Care to elaborate?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
I understand there was other comments, but the main point was to thank those who made invaluable contributions and are still here. But I do agree it sucks that the evo community isnt what it was. Again, thanking those who are still here and taking the time to offer knowledge for free.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 04:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
If you don't enjoy helping others? OK, bye.

The folks that are here still do. I have no idea who the "management" are and how they "drove" people off the forum

Forums are drying up and things are increasingly centralizing to Facebook/Reddit/TheGram(tm). Look no further than NASIOC, which was (is?) really well run (I was a mod there for ages) and is nonetheless dead besides the tight nit groups like off-topic. And that's with a car that's still actively sold. It's an industry trend, and your exception does not disprove it.
MinusPrevious (Feb 14, 2022)
Old Feb 14, 2022, 09:27 PM

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts
I have been a lurker of EvoM since 2006 before I could afford an Evo. Then I had the opportunity in 2017 to buy a heavily modified 03 Evo 8 and I am no stranger to heavily modified cars. So this forum over the years as a lurker taught me all sorts of things about the car before owning one. I am extremely grateful for this forum to still be around because all my bookmarks to certain threads are still alive which is great! I still lurk but every now and then I will reply in a thread or post in a long standing thread.

Quick Reply: If You're Still Using This Forum / Thank you EvoM!