Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

my modified EVO was beat by a stock EVO....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2004, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first of all.. don't drive like that on a public road.. especially not with a thunder grey lancer oz! lol j/k

now, to the issue..

i'm pretty sure the reason is that you're running rich as hell with that intake and no fuel control... get dyno'd with a wideband o2.. or just do some tuning on the street with a wideband and some kind of a/f controller..

and always get 93oct!! unless you don't have that where u live, of course.. i'm not sure, since you don't say where you're from..
Old Jan 25, 2004, 07:27 PM

One all the forums I goto there is so much anger and negative people I don't understand why people have to act like jerks when some is asking a simple question?

and from what is sounds like is maybe you do need some sort of tuning for the modified evo.
Old Jan 25, 2004, 07:32 PM
In Timeout

Why don't you learn what you are doing 1st. 1st thing should be the COMPUTER, then add the stuff and tune for it. The buschur I am sure adds power but a intake throws the MAF off. my car pulls harder at 23psi then 19, also I have ran 24 PSI on my car and the stock BOV is fine and I have tried 6 different one's.

Originally posted by rraulston
Sorry for the sarcastic post, it has to be the tuning. Especially when the car runs harder at 15 LBS boost than 19. My stock bov wont even hold 19......
Old Jan 25, 2004, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

There should be anger for people street racing that fast.

Id love to know how you raced and the cops showed up, but it somehow wasnt on public roads?

Honestly, if you people get angry at me, realize what your saying the next time you complain about getting pulled over because your car has a huge spoiler or a loud exhaust.

There is no excuse for driving that way unless your at a race track, and if your not adult enough to realize that, than nothing Im going to say will ever matter. Try losing someone from a senseless street racing incident, then fire back chief.....
Old Jan 25, 2004, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

chill tristar! i was with rraulston this morning....and i was the guy who flagman for the races It was a rural road leading up to a mountain top.......very secluded. The only things on the road were ground squirrels
Old Jan 25, 2004, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by rraulston
pssssstttt.........LDB.............. **** OFF!!!!!!!!
Ok, 1st thing. Threads about street racing are really not allowed on this site. But I was letting it go since you had some sort of question to go along with it. But after you put down 2 peoples opinions and told another to to '**** off' because he highlighted your illegal activity, I have changed my mind. This thread is now closed.

SC~