Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Using oil? Help

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2012, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Using oil? Help

Ok, another issue here,I have an 05 MR AMS Built and tuned, she runs 22psi on the street tune, (475hp tune) The car is running the gt35r kit, I have been using the 100ll fuel on the weekend play, car doesn't get drove much in the week days, the car was tuned to fuel cut at 8k rpm, and she will run to that easy, everything seems fine, idles great, and pulls hard, and when I first got the car at 50k miles, it didnt seem to smoke at all, but I have noticed it has a slight blue haze of smoke after a normal drive, its not bad, is this a bad thing? I notice this after I ran the car a few hard time last weekend but nothing punishing for whats done to motor..
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:28 AM

What do you mean after a normal drive? Does it smoke while you're driving normal? Under decel? At idle? Starting up from an idle? What kind of oil are you running?
Old Feb 21, 2012, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
What is the rate of oil consumption?
Old Feb 21, 2012, 04:50 PM

When I first crank the car up in the morning it don't smoke that bad, if at all, but after it reaches temp, it starts smoking blue smoke, and its a burnt smell bad, and its starting to get worse, I just got the car and its not time to change the oil yet, and I cant remember what he ran in the car, but it didnt smoke at all when I got it 3 weeks ago, but I do drive it everyday as it is my daily driver, but tonight it has got worse, it has an oil press. gauge and it idles at 28-30psi and 3-4k rpm its around 50-85psi. The car has jun cams, all the head work and tuning was all done by AMS. I have not hounded the car much at all, just basic pulls ect on the weekends, no 2step either...whats up with this?
Old Feb 21, 2012, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Generally caused by blow-by pressurizing the crank case forcing vaporized oil in to the PCV and into the intake where it's getting burned off there.

I hear this happens on high boost / high revving engines which is why many of them run a catch can to help with that.

So.. catch can may be your answer.