Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I think Im Calling it Quits

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2011, 04:53 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by keeler

Seriously though, why have you had so many problems? Running 9's is a big deal but it's not THAT big of a deal.
It's certainly easy to talk about on the Internet.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Stop draggin' the Evo! Re-read your OP again...Just build it as a fun street car & an occasional circut track car! Enjoy it! I'm at 88K on my car with a bunch of bolt ons and it's a daily driver. I do an occasional track day and I just have fun with the car!

Reading your comments reminds me that an Evo wasn't built for drag! Look at all the work, money and downtime you've been through to find that out. 'Flame' me all you want! Beat the crap out of that 'straight-line' mustang, but build the Evo for street/circut track and watch what happens! Wait for that huge smile! Good luck with your decision!!
Old Nov 22, 2011, 05:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
It's certainly easy to talk about on the Internet.
This is true but it's very feasible in real life as well. I'm not ******* on the OP, I've just never seen someone go through that many engines to run 9's. **** happens, I know people have bad luck, bad launches, etc.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 05:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by wjamyers
if you want to drag race maybe you should buy a drag car. Even David Buscher is tired of drag racing them and realizes they are better suited to road and autocross. I just don't get why people use one of the most nimble platforms on the road to go in a straight line.

+1 You are so right! It's a RALLY/CIRCUT Car!
Old Nov 22, 2011, 05:04 AM
Evolving Member

Stick with ittttt !
Old Nov 22, 2011, 05:04 AM
Evolved Member

I would just take a step back, get away from any of this for a little bit, analyze it then come back. Im not saying take weeks off, just take a couple of days not to worry about your car. I always find that when its my car that keeps messing up and I wanna just throw in the towel , its better to analyze the situation from a fresher mind.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 05:08 AM
Evolved Member

I say finish what you started, you'll kick ur self in the *** later on. I know you know the term never give up.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 05:48 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Most Hated
its been a 4 years.4 evos. 10 motors. 7 turbo set ups. countless tcases. and a handful of transmissions.
I keep to myself mostly on the setups ive had or what power im making. i added up receipts of parts i have laying around and i was disgusted. i have 2 motors in my shop and another currently being assembled. 3 motors 3 different set ups. im at the point where im overwhelmed and fed up.
i came across a deal on a new edge mustang and i purchased it. ive always wanted to build a grudge race car and/or a 10.5 car. yet at the same time my quest for 9s in the evo has been shot down 2 years in a row. and i have 2 different setups that should put me deeep in the 9s. the motor that is currently being built was my "last hurrah".

so i come to you guys what would you do? be done , part out and to the bank. and build a legit monster that i can compete with orrr spend more money finish it and whatever happens.happens.
Start autocrossing, or doing track events.

Try to keep the car sane.

Less $$ on parts and more on driving.

You might enjoy it better, just saying.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 06:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keep the car as a fun street car/DD. Stick with like a HTA green. If you get rid of the car you will most likely want another one, you have already had 4 EVO's, you obviously love the platform.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by NOMIEZVR4
I would just take a step back, get away from any of this for a little bit, analyze it then come back. Im not saying take weeks off, just take a couple of days not to worry about your car. I always find that when its my car that keeps messing up and I wanna just throw in the towel , its better to analyze the situation from a fresher mind.
+1. I feel the same way. Just take a step back, not worry about the car and then go back to it and see how you feel.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Tekniq
You already purchased the Mustang, Start a part out thread IMMEDIATELY!
I agree too
Old Nov 22, 2011, 06:50 AM

i believe you can do it.......i mean wtf i ran a 10.8 stock block.....on a college students budget working my *** off for everything....we have a local car out here that just ran a 9.89 on slicks and if you want more info on his setup i can surely get it to you. just let me know...but i completely understand where your coming from.... dont just give up that easy....i can guarantee you can do 9's. i may not be as knowledgeable as you because you've obviously been through it all. but man cmon now. after all this giving up? just do me a favor and dont give up. that shouldnt be in your vocabulary. lighten your car up, get a amazing tuner, shep trans,shep tcase, put yourself on a diet, and i promise 9's are in your horizon.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by NJ9MR
Just build it as a fun street car & an occasional circut track car! Enjoy it!
i personally agree with the above ^^
but if your goal is still to run down 9s with an Evo, then

Originally Posted by 17pstockcar
why quit before you finish your dream
?

Originally Posted by NOMIEZVR4
I would just take a step back, get away from any of this for a little bit, analyze it then come back.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 06:58 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Most Hated
its been a 4 years.4 evos. 10 motors. 7 turbo set ups. countless tcases. and a handful of transmissions.
Originally Posted by basithi
just let me know...but i completely understand where your coming from.... dont just give up that easy....i can guarantee you can do 9's. i may not be as knowledgeable as you because you've obviously been through it all. but man cmon now. after all this giving up?
^^^ Seriously?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A lot of people have said to continue on with the evo... And blah blah blah... But i totally get where you are coming from! Sometimes... Enough is enough!

Quick Reply: I think Im Calling it Quits