Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What happened to the old Evom? Where the shops built cars to see who was the fastest?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
What happened to the old Evom? Where the shops built cars to see who was the fastest?

it seems that these days shops are doing their best to come up with new creative ways to set records.

like fastest 2005 Evo SSL on street tires... or quickest Evo with a full interior.

Why don't we see the shops shooting for the true record. 8.34 out of the STM DS9 car from Australia. Fastest Evo 8/9 in the World.

I see a lot of shops recalling old glory moments from the past. Let's see some shops put together a race program that is successful and runs the fast times that we all hear about. Less jabber and more racing.

It would be nice to see these shops put together cars and be prepared for next year's shootout so we can see what the American shops can do against the Extreme-Tuner's car as well as any other Foreign teams that want to bring a car to race. If all the big hitters are coming... I think you could pull some world wide talent together to make for a great show.

Not to mention... a little competition never hurt anybody
Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by R/TErnie
it seems that these days shops are doing their best to come up with new creative ways to set records.

like fastest 2005 Evo SSL on street tires... or quickest Evo with a full interior.

Why don't we see the shops shooting for the true record. 8.34 out of the STM DS9 car from Australia. Fastest Evo 8/9 in the World.

I see a lot of shops recalling old glory moments from the past. Let's see some shops put together a race program that is successful and runs the fast times that we all hear about. Less jabber and more racing.

It would be nice to see these shops put together cars and be prepared for next year's shootout so we can see what the American shops can do against the Extreme-Tuner's car as well as any other Foreign teams that want to bring a car to race. If all the big hitters are coming... I think you could pull some world wide talent together to make for a great show.

Not to mention... a little competition never hurt anybody
One word.... economy
Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:45 PM

Last edited by pcload1etter; Jun 9, 2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Bad economy has put a lot of ppl on the brink.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
English Racing has been running 8's all last year in their Auto 1st gen. I know Jeff runs on a pretty tight budget and they were clicking off 8.30's last season.

I'm surprised that the more shops on the forums known for "racing"... aren't racing...and haven't been racing...even when the Economy was better.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can we see an ET car make a pass at all? Lets start there.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

stm just raped the stock turbo record. look around, theres still shops doing there thing. the 8/9s have a way better racing scene then the X's.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by o7'silvermax
One word.... economy
Straight up. we experience it, and so therefore they do too.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 01:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Snake bite
stm just raped the stock turbo record. look around, theres still shops doing there thing. the 8/9s have a way better racing scene then the X's.
stm was trying to sell the ricer they said if they dont get it sold their going to cut it up n make it faster
Old Nov 18, 2011, 02:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Ya next year looks like it might be promising with some of the builds coming out, although i don't think any of them will compete with STM in Oz.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 03:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Imo most shops sold there drag cars because of cost. Money is not as good as it used to be. No shop is really pushing the limits of a drag setup anymore. There is no money in it and it cost the shops more money and time they do not want to spend anymore for a near dead industry. It's all about the car who can reliably run 9s or 10s and still be a real street driven car.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 03:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Snake bite
That's not a shop car. It's a customer who paid for it. Big difference.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 05:29 AM
Evolving Member

If shops are "hurting" as what has been stated, why is customer service in the toilet too? You'd think it'd be the other way around. I've been buying parts from people that will acutally just respond to my PMs/calls/emails anymore, even if their cost is slightly higher. It's good to know that people ACTUALLY want to help you, and get you the correct thing as opposed to just taking your CC information online.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I have to say it was definitely entertaining. It seems that the big guns have moved on to different things. Buschur is looking toward auto cross, although he has spoken of a new drag project. AMS has moved toward other cars. Many others are following suit of these two companies.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 05:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mt057
I have to say it was definitely entertaining. It seems that the big guns have moved on to different things. Buschur is looking toward auto cross, although he has spoken of a new drag project. AMS has moved toward other cars. Many others are following suit of these two companies.
I think this is a big part of it. The big players and shops are doing other things. The X is getting attention but its mainly bolt ons. The gtr is getting a lot of attention from AMS, Buschur seems focused on autox and road course stuff.

I can't blame them because the X seems less attractive to drag racers and more to people wanting a street car or car fir autox/road course.

Quick Reply: What happened to the old Evom? Where the shops built cars to see who was the fastest?