Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Recommended Automobile Transport Company

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2011, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommended Automobile Transport Company

Looking at an EVO out near Houston, TX and was wondering what company everyone recommends? It's going to be shipped to FL. I was looking at a few and in the fine print some of the companies don't even cover if it gets vandalized during shipment. Hopefully I can find a good reputable company. I would drive but it's a 16 hrs!
Old May 13, 2011, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
16 hours and peace of mind

or let someone else do it

easy choice for me.

plan a trip, bring a camera, 2 person tent, clothes, food, and a friend, and make a vacation of it

as nice as it was buying my car local, if i'd had the money i was prepared to buy anywhere west of the mississippi and drive it back because it sounded like a ton of fun to stop by all these places i wouldnt normally go
Old May 14, 2011, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

assurance auto transport. I just used them 3 weeks ago. My car came great and on time. I would deffinatly use them again. I had an evo shipped from South carolina to Mass and it was cheaper than it would have been between flight, food n gas.
Old May 14, 2011, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would HIGHLY recommend using a closer carrier. Yes, it will be more expensive. I used magic carpet auto transport, and all they do is contract out jobs. They were cheap, but my hood came in scratched to hell, driver was russian or some crap and didn't speak very good english. He couldn't figure out how to get the car into reverse and whole host of other issues.

Take my advice, pay a little more and get a reputable closed carrier.

-Acree
Old May 14, 2011, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I live in NY and I bought an VIII from Alabama about a month ago. I used Direct Express Auto Transport (autotransportdirect.com). It took about a week and half to locate a carrier because my car was deep south, but once it was picked up on a Saturday, I got my car on Monday around noon. Its legit. All you do is choose a broker and they locate a driver for you. My buddy got a talon delivered thru the same broker as me and his arrived same day it was picked up in Maryland. Both times the cars were fine. Go to their site and they'll explain the process or just call. I spoke to the owner and he told me how it all worked after I was waiting on a driver for a few days. I was very sketched about letting someone deliver my car because it was my first Evo I was stoked to getit and I didn't want some random douche joyriding my car before I even did. But there wasn't anymore miles on it when she came home than when he picked her up. Sorry for the novel but I waited a few weeks to choose someone to transport it. I looked up their Better Business Bureau license number and all their reports just to be sure. Basically just research the transport company/broker and make sure they don't screw people on their deposits and pull the trigger because the drivers are randomly chosen by route./end novel
Old May 15, 2011, 07:02 AM

You may want to try http://www.uship.com. The more notice you give the cheaper it gets.
Old May 15, 2011, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

My girlfriend and I looked into getting her 350Z she bought in Florida shipped up here to WY, but we decided to both fly in and make a vacation of it, like llDemonll said.

It was well over 30 hours of driving and more than 2k miles, but it was a fun roadtrip.
Old May 15, 2011, 07:35 AM
Evolving Member

I DONT RECOMMEND USING ANY AUTOTRANSPORT, bought a brand new evo 9 in 07, BRAND NEW MIND YOU FROM THE DEALERSHIP, arrived with scratches on the front bumper, door handle, never again will i do that, and it cost me 700.00 bucks from TX to Maryland, it would be cheaper to rent a u-haul trailer and trailer yourself if you have a truck, and even if you dont, you could rent a truck as well and still would be cheaper and you will have peace of mind knowing the car was in your hands the whole trip, just my suggestion, better off to go get it yourself, thats probably why these companies dont cover damage to vehicle cause they dont care, its not their car, just my opinion, im done
Old May 16, 2011, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I can certainly tell you who not to use. Check out my site on this company. what a nightmare..

www.transportservicesonlinesucks.com
Old May 16, 2011, 09:24 AM
Former Sponsor

http://www.sundayautotransport.com/

Only place I would let transport my car.. Be careful with other transport companies. Its hard to find someone who will actually take care of your car.
Old May 16, 2011, 09:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Acree
I would HIGHLY recommend using a closer carrier. Yes, it will be more expensive. I used magic carpet auto transport, and all they do is contract out jobs. They were cheap, but my hood came in scratched to hell, driver was russian or some crap and didn't speak very good english. He couldn't figure out how to get the car into reverse and whole host of other issues.

Take my advice, pay a little more and get a reputable closed carrier.

-Acree
AGREED! The first time I got my car transported it was an open carrier and needless to say, I would NEVER do that again.. Enclosed from now on for me unless I pull it myself.
Old May 17, 2011, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
The drivers of the transport trucks are legally required to have $250,000 liability insurance. Their is a Bill of Lading you must sign before the car is picked up denoting any physical damage and one for after its returned so you can file insurance claims with the driver if any happened. If you don't properly research the companies and whatnot before you start the process you will get screwed by yourself for not being better prepared.

Not everyone has the luxury of spending a million dollars on plane tickets and gas or a hotel on top of taking off work to get the car. Mine was 1,400 miles away, I payed $850 and got it in a little over a week from placing my order. Pick and choose your battles. Knowledge is power, and OJ did it.
Old May 17, 2011, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

not millions man. He said bring a tent and camp. There are campgrounds all over the US.

And a bus ticket is so cheap it will literally melt your face off.

That said, I don't have time for it, but would love to do it. Going 6 hrs to pick mine up over a weekend was a *****!

So yeah, if I had the time, I'd road trip it in a second and fill up my camera.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:33 PM

Oh no I am late to suggest you any thing, better luck for next time dear.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
www.transportreviews.com

Quick Reply: Recommended Automobile Transport Company