Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Synapse Synchronic DV Fluttering?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2011, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Synapse Synchronic DV Fluttering?

Hey all whats going on?
I recently had some parts installed on my evo and then had it tuned, one of the parts being Synapses new DV.

I noticed that sometimes when I get into boost gradually the blow off valve flutters like crazy at 20+ pounds, thats with me gradually pushing the gas peddal down. When I whomp on it and floor it quickly it acts normal, I spike to 30 and drop to about 28 pounds. I just wanted to know if this is normal or if I should go with a different setup on the Valve itself. There are "A" and "B" Slots for vacuum hoses to be hooked up too. I have the hose hooked to the "A" Slot which is the one on the top. Any ideas or thoughts? Thanks, also i can post pictures to be more specific about the setup.
Old May 6, 2011, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have mine set up in pull and port B and it barely flutters. Do you have yours in push or pull mode?
Old May 6, 2011, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
OP check out this thread...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...g-results.html
Old May 6, 2011, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You can make any valve flutter under certain circumstances...it's the nature of the beast but my new DV barely flutters at all.
Old May 7, 2011, 02:10 AM
Former Sponsor

You may be experiencing pure compressor surge. Since the SB/DVs don't leak at all, they allow the compressor to push full flow, maybe more than the compressor can load in part throttle conditions. The best way to verify this is to do some runs where the SB/DV is capped at the discharge so as to act like nothing is on the pipe. If it still flutters under load, on boost, gauge goes crazy, and AFRs are all over the place, then that is the type of surge that a BOV really can't do anything about.

You can try running it in push, with as little pre-load as possible on Port B, this will allow the DV to leak slightly at part throttle conditions where there is way more boost pre-throttle than post throttle. Once you go WOT, the DV the closes shut and seals all boost.
Old May 7, 2011, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Synapse
You may be experiencing pure compressor surge. Since the SB/DVs don't leak at all, they allow the compressor to push full flow, maybe more than the compressor can load in part throttle conditions. The best way to verify this is to do some runs where the SB/DV is capped at the discharge so as to act like nothing is on the pipe. If it still flutters under load, on boost, gauge goes crazy, and AFRs are all over the place, then that is the type of surge that a BOV really can't do anything about.

You can try running it in push, with as little pre-load as possible on Port B, this will allow the DV to leak slightly at part throttle conditions where there is way more boost pre-throttle than post throttle. Once you go WOT, the DV the closes shut and seals all boost.

exactly!
what turbo is it?
Old May 9, 2011, 04:00 AM

It's the Stock Evo VIII Turbo