Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Spec-Ops Motorsports "From Then, Until Now"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2011, 07:28 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spec-Ops Motorsports "From Then, Until Now"

I'd like to start out by taking the time to thank our customers and local supporters for their loyalty and hard work to help us get things rolling. Next I'd like to thank those fellow vendors on this site who have welcomed us and offered a helping hand and allowing us to carry their products. I dont want to even try and individually thank them all as i dont want to miss and offend one. Please see my signature.

Like most, we started out in our garages turning wrenches, or as some people have said, attempting to degrade us, our "army tents". In the end, cream rises to the top, and when you have outstanding customer service, an outstanding reputation, and some of the best products on the market to help your success, it's hard to fail.

I'd like to take this time to post a few pics up from the beginning, and show our transformation to where we are now. All of the shop photos have happened literally in less than 4 months. And post a few pics from the cars we have built.

In closing, I'd again, like to thank the customers and vendors for your loyalty and support.

We will continue to update this thread as our shop progresses and as we continue to upgrade things...

In the Beginning...

Our Building... Week 1

Here We Are Now ...

The Future Tuner

A Few Build Pics

The Preferred Drink........

........For These Guys !!!

Last edited by Spec-Ops1; Jan 11, 2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on the shop, being part of the forums and most of all Serving and helping fellow Soliders! From the short time I've been on the forums, I can tell y'all know your stuff. I hope to come visit the shop after i get to HAAF in May! Keep up the Good Work!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

congratz on the shop, coming along good guys.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
LMAO@"army tents".

If I ever get stationed at Bragg, I'm coming to work for you guys.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 07:48 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 68wsteve
Congrats on the shop, being part of the forums and most of all Serving and helping fellow Soliders! From the short time I've been on the forums, I can tell y'all know your stuff. I hope to come visit the shop after i get to HAAF in May! Keep up the Good Work!
Thanks brother... stay safe over there. Hopefully things continue to settle. For awhile i thought we'd be saddling up and coming to visit. I'd bring my laptop and tactrix cable of course

Originally Posted by Spoolin4g63
congratz on the shop, coming along good guys.
Thanks... its definitely a process. A lot of hard work, a lot of hours spent on not just turning wrenches and tuning trips, but handy man tasks as well. Our goal, like most shops is to end up looking like CBRDs shop. It will probably never happen, but a great goal to shoot for. I've seen some photos from Chad's shop before they were open, and I will say that his shop, if he shared those photos with everyone, you guys would be absolutely amazed and even more impressed with how his shop looks and is kept.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 07:50 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
LMAO@"army tents".

If I ever get stationed at Bragg, I'm coming to work for you guys.
Believe it or not, that is a true story !!! An attempted insult to rub our noses in the fact that our primary job is active duty army, so we couldn't possibly know what we are doing .... As it seems, comments and negative responses just fuels the fires of motivation for us
Old Jan 11, 2011, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Jason@Spec-Ops
Believe it or not, that is a true story !!! An attempted insult to rub our noses in the fact that our primary job is active duty army, so we couldn't possibly know what we are doing .... As it seems, comments and negative responses just fuels the fires of motivation for us

I don't think people realize that we do most of our own work at the hobby shops on post. Learn quite a few things there. Hell, when I was stationed at Belvoir I spent almost every afternoon hanging out there.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Congrats to u guys very nice progress, worked hard at it and u deserve it all!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:01 PM

The shop looks great, coming from such humble beginnings! It looks like your chock full of cars, so that should be proof enough that you guys do outstanding work. If I didn't live in the Great White North I'd definitely be hitting up my fellow Soldiers for some work. Keep it up!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hell yeah...congrats on the shop guys...looks great...I may be down that way in a couple weeks and Ill definitely have to stop by the shop...Between you guys opening a shop and Josh buying a house all you guys have definitely been busy...Congrats again!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Holy. All that in 4 months? Looking good, I especially like the Amoco gas station sign
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
How did you get my son in that picture?? Holy crap the resemblance is crazy, ears and everything!

That's a mean looking shop area. bet you guys get some serious business done there
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:22 PM

looks like heaven wish I had the money to start a shop. Keep up the good work
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
is that an sti or a done up focus
to the owner!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats! It's looking good.