Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

s90 70mm TB??

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2013, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
s90 70mm TB??

I want one, they were dirt cheap, lancershop starts selling them, people stop calling them crap and the price shoots up. Damn it. I have a skunk2 intake manifold and want to slap a 70mm s90 on that bad boy. I hear they (bigger tb) are great for throttle response. I do have a mech that can machine things with ease so is 'porting' the stock tb going to yield similar results? If so I'll just save some money.
Old May 6, 2013, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by superkizuna
I want one, they were dirt cheap, lancershop starts selling them, people stop calling them crap and the price shoots up. Damn it. I have a skunk2 intake manifold and want to slap a 70mm s90 on that bad boy. I hear they (bigger tb) are great for throttle response. I do have a mech that can machine things with ease so is 'porting' the stock tb going to yield similar results? If so I'll just save some money.
I would imagine so. The ported stockers that some companies sell seem to do very well. They are just expensive as hell! From what I've read it would be tough to get a stock TB to 70mm though. I just got a FB 70mm in the mail and a ported stock IM which I'm hoping will do well for me.
Old May 6, 2013, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah that full blown tb looks f/n nice! wish i had the coin to get milspec or full blown but I just don't right now.
Old May 6, 2013, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by superkizuna
yeah that full blown tb looks f/n nice! wish i had the coin to get milspec or full blown but I just don't right now.
I got mine on here for a good price so just check the marketplace every now and then. I got a curt brown manifold with the 70mm flange to go with it. Good luck with whatever you choose to do!