Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

at a cross roads with the car

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2010, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
at a cross roads with the car

Right now i'm sitting in Afghanistan thinking about what to do with my car. I put on a 3076r T3 KIT a couple of weeks before I left and had every intentions of building/stroking the motor and have the exterior touched up. I loved the car, I mean the project is almost complete, if i would go with the 2.3 and the hta3076 I only expect 40 more whp, so the power difference won't be that great. The trqe would be, but i don't know if it would be a deal breaker.
The longer i'm away from the car, the more i lose interest. Especially because i bought a vw tiguan for the wife right before i left. The thing isn't nearly as fast, but i enjoyed the quite exhaust, and all 200hp that thing had to offer. Their was something about the ride quality and comfort.
Anyways I think I have two choices here, sell the car. Which i don't think would be hard with 44k on it, two sets of rims, every single stock part except the turbo, plus all the mods. I mean i'll ask 19k for it. Than buy a luxury performance sedan.
Or keep it build it, reclear and buy a 2000 honda civic.

I don't know guys, i'm trying to stay neutral on this. What say you?

this is not a post about selling the car
Old Sep 9, 2010, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

Why not wait until you can drive the car again? Then decide to sell it if you feel the same way.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

I agree with the above post. I have had nothing but problems the past year, so in a way, im in a similar boat, with not driving the car, and thinking about selling it etc. I couldve gotten quite a bit of money in my pocket for something different, but in the end, I think about how I used to enjoy the car, and look forward to this new "beast."
Then, after i get the car back, and I drive it for a while, and it doest have the same kick in the butt feeling of joy that I used to feel, I can always sell it.
You dont want to jump the gun, then always wonder "what if" down the road.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

buy the civic and just work on the evo when you want and drive it when you want.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

You'll regrett selling the evo. I did the same thing for a different reason (local cop harrassment) with my 03 TB evo and regretted it from the very next day until I got my new evo. I'd buy something to DD and keep the evo.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by anonymouse
why not wait until you can drive the car again? Then decide to sell it if you feel the same way.
+1
Old Sep 9, 2010, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

Dude I been sitting in afghanistan for a damn year! And I cant wait to go back to driving my car!!! I mean if you loose interest in the car everytime your away, maybe it is time for it to go bye bye. I been there with past projects where I completely lost interest, but for some reason a DSM always keeps me hooked!
Old Sep 9, 2010, 07:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wait till you come back
drive car
become interested again
buy more mods
be even happier
????
profit

-anthony
Old Sep 9, 2010, 07:13 PM

have to agree with previous posts here. If you are losing interest maybe it is time. Just make sure you are ready when its time to decide because you definately do not want to regret it.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 07:26 PM

You also got to think about this... when you come back you will have a REALLY BAD urge to drive ur evo! Ans when u get in and start driving it you should instantly become interested again! If not... sell it :P but just know that the interest will most likely come back after awhile of driving a 200hp car...

GL

Originally Posted by DJAfterShok
Dude I been sitting in afghanistan for a damn year! And I cant wait to go back to driving my car!!! I mean if you loose interest in the car everytime your away, maybe it is time for it to go bye bye. I been there with past projects where I completely lost interest, but for some reason a DSM always keeps me hooked!
Old Sep 9, 2010, 07:31 PM

Maybe it's worth re-assessing your build plan for the car if what you're thinking about doing with it doesn't interest you? Beyond that, I'd have to agree on at least waiting until you get back before making any decisions.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

Yea I do have a bad urge to drive a real car! I been driving MATV's and 7 tons for the past year lol

Back on the subject. deff asses everything before making a final decision. I'm a married man also and i have to run everything through the wife before anythine. That includes the purchase of new wheels lol....
Old Sep 10, 2010, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by DJAfterShok
Yea I do have a bad urge to drive a real car! I been driving MATV's and 7 tons for the past year lol

Back on the subject. deff asses everything before making a final decision. I'm a married man also and i have to run everything through the wife before anythine. That includes the purchase of new wheels lol....
You mean you don't like the 5in straight pipe exhaust and 600FT/LBs it puts down???? HAHAHA....couldnt agree with you more man, I can't wait to get back and drive a REAL car!
Old Sep 10, 2010, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by flmr06
You mean you don't like the 5in straight pipe exhaust and 600FT/LBs it puts down???? HAHAHA....couldnt agree with you more man, I can't wait to get back and drive a REAL car!

Dont get me wrong, the MATV's are bad ***! and fast as **** for what they are and how much they weight! Turbo is small enough that it spools quick!

I got 19 days and a wake up!

What part of aghan are you at?
Old Sep 10, 2010, 08:43 AM

I just got back from Farah last week. Don't sell your car. Wait till you get back, take some time and a few long drives. You'll fall in love with it again. Then time to spend some of our hard earned cash on new setups. I'm still trying to get mine to run again Then FP Red time.

-Adam

Quick Reply: at a cross roads with the car