Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evolution Imports [Super Mega Merge]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2003, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sean,
Not to be an *** about this, but ALL of this crap should have already been done months ago. So who is to blame for that? Can’t blame the DOT.....its not there reasonability to check on it. The Importer........yes. It's there responsibility to keep checking on the situation of the cars.
We were all told 10-12 weeks for delivery of a street legal Evolution 7 from E.I. We are now going on almost a year. I purchased mine on April 8th 2002. Yea, we got the car for about a month. Then we had to send the cars back for more testing. Then we were told 2-4 weeks. That has turned into 2-4 months now. I paid $36500 for a car that will be 2 years old when and if we ever get them. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I am to the point. No one is willing to say anything about this situation or voice there opinion. Why is that? Scared?

So what the time frame now Sean, can you answer that one question?
Old Mar 12, 2003, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sean, is there anything we can do? Sign a petition somewhere? These US-spec Evo's aren't gonna cut it. Must have VII...
Old Mar 12, 2003, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by gvr4v
Sean,
Not to be an *** about this, but ALL of this crap should have already been done months ago. So who is to blame for that? Can’t blame the DOT.....its not there reasonability to check on it. The Importer........yes. It's there responsibility to keep checking on the situation of the cars.
We were all told 10-12 weeks for delivery of a street legal Evolution 7 from E.I. We are now going on almost a year. I purchased mine on April 8th 2002. Yea, we got the car for about a month. Then we had to send the cars back for more testing. Then we were told 2-4 weeks. That has turned into 2-4 months now. I paid $36500 for a car that will be 2 years old when and if we ever get them.
I see that the games still haven't come to an end... I feel bad for you guys out there that were put on for a ride... And for those of you who "might've" illeagally registered your cars to drive on the roadways, you'll get nailed eventually...

Last edited by TearItUpSports; Mar 12, 2003 at 08:01 AM.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 10:48 AM

I am the same Sean Morris - from Freshalloy - working with RB Motoring.

I got this project January 11,2003. Anything before then I had nothing to do with. The Evo project is just one of many projects that I am working on.

The petition was finished January 30,2003 . It took me a few weeks to read though the tech manuals , get press information on the US Evo.

I submitted the petition Feburary 5th , 2003. It was supposed to be the 4th - I left LA on the 3rd - but 2 cancelled flights , and bad weather delayed it a day.

Last Friday we got a call with some questions , two minor items . One was determining model year of the vehicles , the other concerning how I grouped the VII and VIII together. I split the VII and VIII up , and I am still waiting for an answer from sources on how to determine the model year of the vehicle.

Each brand of car is a little different on how to determine model year.

As far as a time frame for legalization , it will get done . But I can not realistically give an estimate as the DOT makes the final determination on it. The petition has been at the DOT for over a month already.

The Nissan Skyline petition was published April 1999 . We got our first approval on a vehicle (bond release) November 15, 1999 . The final approval for the petition didnt get published in the Federal Register until January 2000.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

sean, as you and everyone prolly know i hate EI right now. duh ..
okay but here's what i'd like to hear from you my friend.
IF you can't not get this legalized what will EI do then? I do not want my fellow evolutionm members getting screwed. okay!
will people get their money back ( i say a big NO ) ?

honestly at this point i'd ADVICE EVERY EVO7 OWNER TO GET A LAWYER ASAP!
Old Mar 12, 2003, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

EI has no assets and could close shop within minutes. A lawyer isn't going to get any milk out of a dead cow.

Originally posted by M3 STYLELAB
sean, as you and everyone prolly know i hate EI right now. duh ..
okay but here's what i'd like to hear from you my friend.
IF you can't not get this legalized what will EI do then? I do not want my fellow evolutionm members getting screwed. okay!
will people get their money back ( i say a big NO ) ?

honestly at this point i'd ADVICE EVERY EVO7 OWNER TO GET A LAWYER ASAP!
It is funny that Senor Info seemed to have hit the nail on the head about this.? I do recall some buyers (gvr4v being one) standing up for EI and saying it would just be a week or so..... Now it appears they had to ship their cars back.

Well...hopefully the EVO VIII cleared the way for the EVO VII since the ****box Lancer is not enough like the Evo.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MEGABUSA
Well...hopefully the EVO VIII cleared the way for the EVO VII since the ****box Lancer is not enough like the Evo.
Uhh, did you forget that you are in "Lancer" forums. If you don't like the regular Lancer, please keep that to yourself.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

i thought it was EvolutionM ?

Used to be LancerForums.

Originally posted by s4awd

Uhh, did you forget that you are in "Lancer" forums. If you don't like the regular Lancer, please keep that to yourself.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

well, if you like to help us lancer owners afford an evo, then by all means, donate away bastard!
Old Mar 12, 2003, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Pickleknock,

Go get a better job if you want to buy a Evolution! No one ever gave me anything.

Originally posted by pickleknock
well, if you like to help us lancer owners afford an evo, then by all means, donate away bastard!
Old Mar 12, 2003, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

well, you know what, i just got out of high school and i am paying for my lancer oz on my own. i dont really think there is a way i can get a better job without a college education. think before you speak.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

are we trying to get this thrown either into lock up or off topic???? Settle down guys, I think with the arrival of the Evo VIII the case for the VII legalization has a very good chance of passing through DOT. ... (just trying to move this back on to the topic of the thread, keep the bickering in off topic please)
Old Mar 12, 2003, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

sorry, i just cant stand people that come on here and bash. if the evo VII is legalized, then will more of them be imported and sold at dealerships or what?
Old Mar 12, 2003, 01:28 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

If you wanna bicker, take it to PMs. If you wanna discuss the EI cars, by all means continue.

We've had a lotta good info from Senor Info (albeit extremely venomous it was also quite accurate), the EI buyers and tyndago. Thanks for contributing. With any luck this will all be resolved with a positive result.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

i do not think more evo7's will be available especially from dealers..
it'll be like motorex more exclusivity.
i'm also expecting the price to jump to at least 45k out the door..
if legalized soon... then later trail back down to abotu 35k
of course with no one from EI ever talking on here no one will know anything...DUH ...honestly you'd think they'd want to let all their future buyers know whats up rather than keeping in the shadows. EI to me defies (not define) all business practice i know of... right now that it.. maybe they'll shape up as we are getting closer to legalization ... but then again we have all heard that before

Quick Reply: Evolution Imports [Super Mega Merge]