Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Get Your Complimentary Oil Change Offer from Mitsubishi Motors!

Old Jul 2, 2009, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 9600baud
I didnt get such email... can i just go there and said I did? lol
Im sure you could, i doubt they have a database lol
Old Jul 2, 2009, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by linuxbatm
Im sure you could, i doubt they have a database lol
When they run your information it will tell if you have claimed the free stuff or not, shouldn't be a problem.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kilgoja
yeah i got it today..lol....i went to the dealer for my first oil change...lmao...they overfilled it by 1/4 of an inch...wow...i had to drain some out.....ever since been doing my own oil changes....never know what new guy they are gonna have working there that can't even read a dipstick....lmao

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME... Iwent 1000 miles after the dealer did the oil change, not knowing that the knuckleheads overfilled my oil by about 1/2 inch. That made me suspicious of whether the even used the M1 0W30 I had specified. So I changed it myself, in 15 minutes.

It is very easy to overfill, as these cars only drain about 4 1/2 quarts, so if you put 5 quarts of fresh back in, you will be overfilled.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Hmmm...750whp evo....young tech's....nope
Old Feb 15, 2012, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DocCola
I don't know what dealerships you guys go to or what rumors you listen to but a dealership CANNOT flag your car for finding a "mod" that they arn't working on. In other words if you have an aftermarket exhaust on your car and you go in to have them look at when your windshield squirters arn't working they can not flag your car for that. It has nothing to do with what your car is being written up for.

I've dealt with a few differnt dealerships, both on the west coast and east, and it's the same anywhere I go. Even though I do my own oil changes anyway I wouldn't mind a free one every now and again since it will save me from having to get under my dirty salty cold car once or twice this winter. Haha.
your wrong... back when the evo first came out in 2003, they were voiding warranty work left and right if the owner had even one mod, or there were even rumors of them going to the racetracks here in south florida and they would take plates down and completely void you out.

Nowadays i dont hear that anymore, but who still has warranty on their 8 or 9 ??? i take it some of you got extended warranties? mine has been up quite some time considering i've owned for 7 years now.

and yes if i got that in the mail i would definetly jump on a free oil change. the dealership i have been going to since i've owned the car has been pretty good to me. no complaints here.

Last edited by donmeca2020; Feb 15, 2012 at 05:14 PM.