Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What's the most rediculous comment you've ever received about your car???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2008, 02:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At track days it never fails, riding with the instructor in my car, he/she says "There is no reason that this car should be this fast"
That is from a racing instructor more than once. Got to love it
Old Apr 25, 2008, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by biggie5252
Passenger: "I think you hurt my neck. . ."
haha i get a similar comment all the time, from girls. They say "oww my stomach!

also with my last car( Vortech supercharged Mustang GT) I was in line at Burger king and some 5 or 6 year old kid walks by my car and hears the supercharger, he says to his father "Daddy Daddy do you hear the Supercharger!? i couldnt help but smile and laugh thinking wow this kids awesome he knows what a supercharger sounds like haha

Last edited by k2boarder3187; Apr 27, 2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

I have gotten the "nice STI" treatment too. I also had a guy ask if the brembos where stock.

But my favorite is when I have back seat passengers and they get all looking at the shoulder harness holes in the Recaros.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by casual
was at a gas station and this kid walks around the car inspecting it, finally got done and says "the only thing i would change are the breaks"...
Funny you should say that. The gate security guards at my work crack me up. There's this one who seems to be all in to cars. He knows the terms, even the shortened ones because he's too cool to say the whole thing. Example "Yeah, I've got a 240 with an SR swap. It's pretty sweet." Anyway, the other day I was coming on base and he was inspecting my car in the same manner. I had recently changed back to my summer wheels / tires, so the car looked a bit different. Anyway, he gets done and says "the only thing I would have done different would have been a front mount." I looked at him like he was on drugs.

"There IS a front mount on the car. It's black. Just like my wheels. Just like my exhaust."

Then he said "Oh, well you should have got a polished one so it stands out, then."

To which, I responded "No, I don't like for my car to stand out. In fact, I'd much rather people not look at it and then tell me what they would have done differently to it, especially since its MY car."

I love special people.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 03:20 PM
Account Disabled

also with my last car( Vortech supercharged Mustang GT) I was in line at Burger king and some 5 or 6 year old kid walks by my car and hears the supercharger, he says to his father "Daddy Daddy do you hear the Supercharger!? i couldnt help but smile and laugh thinking wow this kids awesome he knows what a supercharger sounds like haha
This is my favorite so far. That would make my day.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

After i returned from Iraq and was able to drive to MD to get mine, I drove it back to IL.(12 hr. trip) to register it. I figured it would be easiest to go to a friend (girl) of mine and stay there. The next morning she asked me to take her for a ride in it, so I didn't think nothing of it. Nothing to outrageous, went to the DMV and a few other stops. Later that night we met up with her bf who owns a 03 TT. The chick insists she rides with me. After talking during pizza, me and lover boy go out looking at eachothers cars blah blah blah...... This guy is CONVINCED his is faster...... my friend grabs my coin sack and says...... "trust me honey, HIS car is better!!!"

The look of shame on his face was priceless!!! Later that night I was "drives: it deep in the gash" as someones avatar says!

And then before my return to Germany, I parked it at my old mans house until shipping company came to get it. I was telling him all about it and saying how fast it was blah blah blah. A few weeks later i called him and told him it could only have a 1/4 tank of gas in it and that he needed to ciphine it out or drive it. He calls me back the day they pick it up and was like "HOLY FRICKIN' CRAP..... how big of motor is in there!?!?!? I tell him a TURBO'D 2.0L. Needless to say he wants to come to Germany now and see what it can REALLY DO!!!!!!!!

Last edited by mini_evo; Apr 25, 2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 03:27 PM
Account Disabled

mini evo, I'm glad to got to Drive it DEEP in the gash....haha. I didn't think anybody ever noticed that little saying.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Import Junky
mini evo, I'm glad to got to Drive it DEEP in the gash....haha. I didn't think anybody ever noticed that little saying.

I almost always look at peoples avatars to see what kind of pics they use!!!!

can i quote you in my sig for this one!?!?!? LMFAO
Old Apr 25, 2008, 03:51 PM

Ive gotten the "do a burnout" from some drunk college guy that saw my car and started screaming talon tsi. I said i cant its awd but i dont think he understood at the moment
Old Apr 25, 2008, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kid driving next to me: "I would suck ***** for your car"

I didn't really know how to respond to that one..
Old Apr 25, 2008, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by emagdnim8
Kid driving next to me: "I would suck ***** for your car"

I didn't really know how to respond to that one..
"I DID!"
Old Apr 25, 2008, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Kemist
On a speeding ticket officer wrote under make of car "sub"
Bwahaha. My favorite one so far
Old Apr 25, 2008, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

My buddy and I were talking about turbos and he says I want to get a new 30R then my other buddy goes what 30 psi???? It was pretty funny.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 05:41 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mini_evo
I almost always look at peoples avatars to see what kind of pics they use!!!!

can i quote you in my sig for this one!?!?!? LMFAO
sure you can quote all you want.....I'm glad somebody thinks it's funny
Old Apr 25, 2008, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Import Junky
This is my favorite so far. That would make my day.
haha it really did, it made it 100times better then some 20 year old kid saying nice supercharger u know?

Quick Reply: What's the most rediculous comment you've ever received about your car???