Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The effects of street racing...

Old Feb 18, 2008, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ive seen that, terrible! news! When i saw this on SAT night i was like oh damn! but than i realized that someone plow into a crowd of people! NOW imagine that, lets say 2 cars were involved in an accident just happend. few people pulled over to help, Would you drive your car at full speed thru ? NO! you would slow down and check it, not to freaking plow thru... now media twisted everything, now its a street racing fault. Umm still i think its verry unsafe to street race, I cant even watch street racing videos where people stand on both sides of the roar to watch it be carefull out there you never know when the car can slide into a crowd.

rip
Old Feb 18, 2008, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something is going to come out about the driver. Seems like they (police) are giving the driver an excuse to not have seen the people in the road with all of the "early morning fog, tire smoke and exhaust". That is vrought out in nearly every article about the accident. It will be interesting to see who really is the driver of the white crown vic and their mental/physical condition at the time of the accident.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

I'm suprized no one has stated the obvious..

Racers take off, white crown vic with lights off comes flying through..

Theres only one thing I know thats in a crown vic that has its lights off when street racers are around.. and thats those sons of b*tches known as police.

Would make sense, given that the driver who actually hit and killed those people hasnt been brought up on charges, but they are dilligently searching for the evil street racers.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

a mother and her daughter also on the highway??? wtf is wong with these people??
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

wrong the tire smoke from the racers blinded the driver which made him blow into people = STREET RACING IS AT FAULT
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

i think its 50/50 b/c yes street racing was at fault for the tire smoke and for doing illegal activities, and for the dumb people running into the middle of the road, but i also think it is the crown vic's fault b/c he had no lights on at 3:40 am , he was speeding, he odviously knew there was something going on due to all the smoke, but who knows, i wasnt there but knew some people that were, and they said that they told the same people every weekend to get out of the middle of the road, so i think it is 50/50 and charges should be put up against the racers and the driver of the crown vic, for PLOWING INTO A CROWD OF 50 People! but for the most part the crown vic is at fault. Thants just my .02
Old Feb 18, 2008, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

This could go either way if it was brought into litigation. On one point the driver of the Crown Victoria could be held negligent for not having their lights on during a time of limited visibility. I'll agree with another post that this smells of a police officer trying to catch some street racers. On the other hand but for the fact that people were street racing which might influence others to stand in the middle of the street (I didn't say it was smart just that it could have been influencing) which in turn puts them in harms way.

This reminds me of the legal precedence that if an innocent bystander is killed during the commission of a crime the perpetrator(s) could be charged for their homocide.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

reading the article i think there more to it than what is there. yes there are 60 yr old people who are into cars but not into street racing with there daughter,,, someting weird. is this even a true story/
Old Feb 18, 2008, 05:17 PM

good post
Old Feb 18, 2008, 05:22 PM
Evolving Member

wrong the tire smoke from the racers blinded the driver which made him blow into people = STREET RACING IS AT FAULT

Hard to blind someone who can't see in the first place.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver06evo9mr
Wrong. Even if the tire smoke was so thick that you can't see through it, a driver is not supposed to do anything that conditions don't permit. If it's raining or if there's traffic, you should drive below the speed limit. If there is a fire or tire smoke on the road, don't charge through it at highway speeds.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 12:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Stangar
How do you not SEE 5-6 people in the road??

Like the article says the racers had completed burnouts and the crowd was probably not visible for the smoke hangine in the air (no wind).
So do you always drive through a cloud of smoke that you can't see through w/ your lights off? Your name must be Cole Trickle.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 12:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Silver06evo9mr
See above post....
Old Feb 19, 2008, 04:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
The guy drived in blind folded period, i dont even know how he got there without accident...
So yes people stand on the high way = stupid.
But drive at night over 50 mph and no lights on = insane.
the street racer faults? i dont think so. What difference would make for the driver if they didn t burned the tire out? He dont even had a lights on . He would hit the crowed no matter what.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by insanechief
reading the article i think there more to it than what is there. yes there are 60 yr old people who are into cars but not into street racing with there daughter,,, someting weird. is this even a true story/
how about the crown victoria was an undercover cop? They do come in without lights just to bust some racers... they hiding close and when the race is starts they jump to follow the racers ,and when the race is ends then they catch them . So they dont have a lights on so the racers dont know they been followed..

that would explain...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The effects of street racing...